• Saving Private Ryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Hawk Down

• Other

• Total voters
Definitely Apocalypse Now!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

The horror, the horror...

The fact that it's based on Joseph Conrad's novella, Heart of Darkness, is a major plus. :)

It's my fav that's for sure.

I love the whole scene with Dennis Hopper. "What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? He was kiiiiind man? He was a wiiiiiise man? He had plans? He had wisdom? bull**** MAN!!!"

How can 21 people look at this poll but only 3 vote?

Are polls confusing?

War movies aren't really my thang, but I like to see what everyone else likes.

:lurking:

:bazooka: Only seen one of those. Blackhawk Down. But favorite movie is Kelly's Heros

I can't remember the name of it but it was about snipers. It had Ed Harris in it. Saving Private Ryan was a good movie too.

Blackhawk Down got my vote....that movie along with with Saving Private Ryan are the most realistic war movies I have seen.

I also love Full Metal Jacket.....only the part when they are in boot camp. Once they get to Viet Nam, it gets too goofy......

Saving Private Ryan has to be the best. Realism in the effects and it had a great story too.

I'm a John Wayne fan myself. I haven't seen to many new films, but I did see Saving Pvt. Ryan. Band of Bros. was very good too. The movie about the U-boat was good, U-567 I think. It was based on a true story too. Midway was good but long.

U-571

Anyone see We were Soldiers?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There are so many good one it is hard to choose just one.

Not into war movies myself, but Dad is a Viet Nam combat vet and he swears We Were Soldiers is the best and most realistic war movie ever.

I saw part of We were soldiers. It was a good movie. I need to watch the whole thing to understand the whole story line.

Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo.
But Full Metal Jacket was a close second........like Fergy, the boot camp part was most realistic but the Viet Nam stuff was okay (yeah, it was goofy over there!)

Of those listed, Apocolypse now.
I also loved Kelly's Heroes, The Dirty Dozen and M*A*S*H

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo.
But Full Metal Jacket was a close second........like Fergy, the boot camp part was most realistic but the Viet Nam stuff was okay (yeah, it was goofy over there!)

I hope you do think I was implying that Viet Nam was goofy.....I just thought that the Nam scenes in Full Metal Jacket were goofy....

My Dad spent a couple of years over there with the 1/26th Marines......I was also in the the Corps....

Originally posted by fergy1370
I hope you do think I was implying that Viet Nam was goofy.....I just thought that the Nam scenes in Full Metal Jacket were goofy....

My Dad spent a couple of years over there with the 1/26th Marines......I was also in the the Corps....

I was too Fergy and it WAS goofy.....some of it in a funny way but most not in a funny way. Absolutely no offense taken.:D

9th Marines, Chu Li.

I said Saving Private Ryan because it's the only on i have seen.

Back
Top Bottom