Big Bang Theory Finale

My wife and I are about 3 weeks behind in this season. Well probably be watching this show tomorrow night.

We find the show entertaining but like most all shows, it seems to have run it's course. And..... No reason no feel apprehensive about the show ending..... With the lack of original ideas in Hollywood these days, there's little doubt we'll be seeing a reboot of this show somewhere down the line.

The final show didn't hurt. The farewell episode with Leonard and Penny did.

Chuck is not wrong. But for some reason, the way they left the show so wide open, I think they are leaving Parsons the option to reboot the show a few years in the future, or for the rest of the group to come back after a season or two off. But it will never be the same without Shamy. There is something planned.

The writers clearly picked on Sheldon for his selfishness, not only from evidence through the 12 year run, but because he was the sole cause of the show ending.

I'm not going to explain my affinity to the show here - the few who have me on FB or know me otherwise away from the public forum already know (I'm not sure i'm even willing to explain it by PM). While I do agree that it had run it's course and the well of plots was more than dry, it's still hard knowing that the root of the affinity is gone, and I only have Young Sheldon to work with. While the plots are realistic, it just doesn't feel my affinity the same.

For his part, Big Bang Theory creator Chuck Lorre said he couldn’t imagine the show continuing without Parsons leading the cast.

“I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea of going on without the whole ensemble—and the whole ensemble is why we succeeded,” Lorre told The Hollywood Reporter.

It sucks that it is over. The Big Bang Theory is one of few shows I tuned in to watch regularly.

Back
Top Bottom