Big Jim Dunns new Cattlemans Cut FC

Hope you guys kick some ass (and take names) this year. Hope to see multiple round wins a few times.

Thanks guys. We shook the tires in Q-3 and then in Q-4 a crank bolt vibrated loose which let the crank hub move and that caused the crank triggers to retard the mags which caused real hard tire shake...but at least we didn't have a big explosion. We qualified 11th. At least we qualified better then John Force.:)

That's a damn fine looking ride. I may have to go see it run this year at Gainsville or Atlanta.

That's a damn fine looking ride. I may have to go see it run this year at Gainsville or Atlanta.
We were in the staging lanes this morning and the rain started and never stopped so they called the race until tomorrow. The problem with that is we have the track rented for tomorrow to shoot a commercial so now we have to reschedule the shoot for Tuesday. They have been in our pit all day today interviewing all of us and shooting footage. It is suppose to be cold tomorrow so it will probably be a tire shake fest.:)

We were in the staging lanes this morning and the rain started and never stopped so they called the race until tomorrow. The problem with that is we have the track rented for tomorrow to shoot a commercial so now we have to reschedule the shoot for Tuesday. They have been in our pit all day today interviewing all of us and shooting footage. It is suppose to be cold tomorrow so it will probably be a tire shake fest.:)
I wanna see you clown around in a commercial. That would be pretty cool. Post the video when it comes out. :D

Not a good way to end the first day of qualifying at Phoenix. It rained all day and night Thur and then all morning on Fri and they had to push our 1st session back an hour to get the track ready but it was really cold and the track just wasn't up to par no matter how hard NHRA tried. Only 1 funny car made it down the track. Unfortunately we were in the first few pairs and as soon as he hit the loud pedal the car went up in to instant tire smoke. A nitro car will usually blow up at 9300 rpm and it went 9700 rpm before it banged the blower and killed the blower, manifold, both heads and all the valves, cam shaft, rods and pistons, 1 titanium valve cover, crank shaft, block, and oil pan. Only 6 top fuel cars tried to make it before the rest of them pulled out of line and said they were not going to run. NHRA cancelled the rest of the day and are going to re scrape the track and start all over prepping it for tomorrow.

I honestly don't know why so many of ya'll even tried on Friday...that was alot of $$$$$$ to even try to wager against a what, 60 degree track temp?

Any rumblings in the pits about TJ's housing failure? It clearly ripped the whole housing end away - aren't the axle tubes 5" OD 3/8 or 1/2" wall? It looks like we've found the new weak link after adding the interlocking wheel/hub assemblies...

I honestly don't know why so many of ya'll even tried on Friday...that was alot of $$$$$$ to even try to wager against a what, 60 degree track temp?

Any rumblings in the pits about TJ's housing failure? It clearly ripped the whole housing end away - aren't the axle tubes 5" OD 3/8 or 1/2" wall? It looks like we've found the new weak link after adding the interlocking wheel/hub assemblies...
Jim's granddaughter ended up with a broken nose when the car smoked the tires on that run also. http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/johnna-dunn-injured-in-freak-starting-line-accident

I thought Johnna's injury was from Friday, TJ's was on Sunday? Maybe i'm wrong.

So no rumblings or hypothesis yet on why it failed?

I thought Johnna's injury was from Friday, TJ's was on Sunday? Maybe i'm wrong.

So no rumblings or hypothesis yet on why it failed?
Johnna's was in Q-1 on Fr and TJ was in E-1 on Sun. I haven't heard anything about TJ'S car. But Beckman launched a body during testing on Mon.

Yep, 3 bodies. It's a good thing we have already picked up our 7 bodies from him before he runs out.:)
Seven? Wow. That many sponsors this year? Or are they the older non-kitty bodies being let go for "slightly" cheaper than new?

Seven? Wow. That many sponsors this year? Or are they the older non-kitty bodies being let go for "slightly" cheaper than new?
After the race is over on Sun at the World Finals we usually take delivery of a body from Capps, Beckman and Johnsons cars.

Google Photos being funny again.

(I deleted the above posts to prevent confusion)

3190571_IMG_1023.jpg.jpg
3190622_IMG_1022.jpg.jpg
3190671_IMG_1021.jpg.jpg
3190716_IMG_1017.jpg.jpg
3190770_IMG_1015.jpg.jpg
3190815_IMG_1014.jpg.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_1010.jpg
IMG_1279.jpg

Where ya at @Nitro Dude ? When are you coming by here?
I'm at the track in Gainesville Fl waiting for NHRA to finish marking out our pit spot so I can park this afternoon. I stayed in Valdosta Ga Sun night, Mon, and Tues. I passed through your area early Sun morning. It looked like they must have had a tornado east of you because they were cleaning up the trees and I had to sit in about 2 hours of backed up traffic.

I'm at the track in Gainesville Fl waiting for NHRA to finish marking out our pit spot so I can park this afternoon. I stayed in Valdosta Ga Sun night, Mon, and Tues. I passed through your area early Sun morning. It looked like they must have had a tornado east of you because they were cleaning up the trees and I had to sit in about 2 hours of backed up traffic.
Yep, just ENE of us. No lives lost but it tore the hell outta everything. Where are you heading next? Coming back through here?

I stayed in Valdosta Ga Sun night, Mon, and Tues. I passed through your area early Sun morning. It looked like they must have had a tornado east of you because they were cleaning up the trees and I had to sit in about 2 hours of backed up traffic.

Yep, just ENE of us. No lives lost but it tore the hell outta everything. Where are you heading next? Coming back through here?

Ellen Eschenbacher was here this weekend for our MWPMS race, and she said coming up from the test session at Orlando going home to Chatanooga, it looked like a war zone. She said it missed SGMP by one county?

Eugene might know who Ellen is since she spent some time working for Pedregon. @Johali , you should look her up. She's hilarious and gets (stuff) done. Works for several big promotors as a race organizer.

I'm heading back to California either Sun night or early Mon morning because I want to be home by Thursday afternoon. I wish I had time to stop by for that lunch you offered me last year. But, it will have to be when I'm going east because I'm usually in a hurry when I'm going west.:)

@Johali , you should look her up. She's hilarious and gets (stuff) done. Works for several big promotors as a race organizer.
I did and she's a hoot. Thanks.

I'm heading back to California either Sun night or early Mon morning because I want to be home by Thursday afternoon. I wish I had time to stop by for that lunch you offered me last year. But, it will have to be when I'm going east because I'm usually in a hurry when I'm going west.:)
It's hard to eat a meal doing 80 on the interstate.

Here is a video from @Nitro Dude

Well I will for sure go get me some Cattlemans Beef Jerky.

Cool video @Nitro Dude :punkrocke
@Nitro Dude , after seeing your video yesterday we stopped at a big truck stop West of Wichita Springs TX this morning and they had Cattleman's Cut. We got a 12oz bag of Smoked Sausage and a 10oz bag of original Jerky. Those are big bags but they won't last long. Those are some damn fine grinding. :beerbang:

Last edited:
@Nitro Dude , after seeing your video yesterday we stopped at a big truck stop West of Wichita Springs TX this morning and they had Cattleman's Cut. We got a 12oz bag of Smoked Sausage and a 10oz bag of original Jerky. Those are big bags but they won't last long. Those are some damn fine grinding. :beerbang:
Wichita Springs? Do you mean Wichita Falls or Sulpher Springs or Big Spring? :p

Back
Top Bottom