Big Jim Dunns new Cattlemans Cut FC

Almost close to me. You probably went through my hometown (Gainesville)
Yep, we passed right through it. We exited I-35 N onto Hwy 82 W in Gainsville on the way to Lake Arrowhead. That"s the way we've been going to Amarillo to visit the wife's family for over 30 years.

Yep, we passed right through it. We exited I-35 N onto Hwy 82 W in Gainsville on the way to Lake Arrowhead. That"s the way we've been going to Amarillo to visit the wife's family for over 30 years.
Where were you coming from? How dareth you come through FtW and not say hi :p

@Nitro Dude question from dad: Given how sponsors rotate on so many cars, what do the average pit guys' wardrobes look like? Seems like these days where alot of sponsorships are piecemealed together, some teams might have 8 or 10 different sets of weekend crew shirts to get through the season, not to mention having to re-wrap the cars every so often.

@Nitro Dude question from dad: Given how sponsors rotate on so many cars, what do the average pit guys' wardrobes look like? Seems like these days where alot of sponsorships are piecemealed together, some teams might have 8 or 10 different sets of weekend crew shirts to get through the season, not to mention having to re-wrap the cars every so often.
Every time we re wrap the car for a different sponsor we get 3 new crew shirts and a starting line shirt, and sweat shirts and jackets when it is the colder part of the season. A couple of years ago we had 10 different wraps that year. Plus, you also get new shirts if they add or delete an associate sponsor. I have so many shirts I am running out of room to store them. I just received 3 new crew shirts and a starting line shirt 2 weeks ago and then I just recieved another 3 new crew shirts and 1 starting line shirt today.:)

Every time we re wrap the car for a different sponsor we get 3 new crew shirts and a starting line shirt, and sweat shirts and jackets when it is the colder part of the season. A couple of years ago we had 10 different wraps that year. Plus, you also get new shirts if they add or delete an associate sponsor. I have so many shirts I am running out of room to store them. I just received 3 new crew shirts and a starting line shirt 2 weeks ago and then I just recieved another 3 new crew shirts and 1 starting line shirt today.:)
It has to be quite the collection of the years, but you almost need a whole walk-in closet to hold them, it sounds like. where's your normal street clothing supposed to go?

I assume it's your duty to stop and get them cleaned between races while on the road? Or does that get taken care of by another crew member that flies in and out?

And finally...all the SUVs that the teams use for tow vehicles...how do they get from track to track? They actually have a gazillion miles on them, or are they rented and stickered up for each track?

It has to be quite the collection of the years, but you almost need a whole walk-in closet to hold them, it sounds like. where's your normal street clothing supposed to go?

I assume it's your duty to stop and get them cleaned between races while on the road? Or does that get taken care of by another crew member that flies in and out?

And finally...all the SUVs that the teams use for tow vehicles...how do they get from track to track? They actually have a gazillion miles on them, or are they rented and stickered up for each track?
They dry clean our starting line shirts but we keep and wash our crew shirts. The larger budget teams have there own tow vehicles that haul all of the crew from track to track except for the hauler drivers, and the crew chiefs who fly in. On our team everyone fly's in except me because I drive the hauler. They rent 3 vehicles at the airport to use at the track and I just have Enterprise bring a car to me at the track.

They dry clean our starting line shirts but we keep and wash our crew shirts. The larger budget teams have there own tow vehicles that haul all of the crew from track to track except for the hauler drivers, and the crew chiefs who fly in. On our team everyone fly's in except me because I drive the hauler. They rent 3 vehicles at the airport to use at the track and I just have Enterprise bring a car to me at the track.

Just heard about Norwalk this morning. Was talking to Ellen Eschenbacher...sounds like all parking is going to be a disaster....Consider ya'll aren't even being let in until Thursday late/Friday AM from what she told me.

Just heard about Norwalk this morning. Was talking to Ellen Eschenbacher...sounds like all parking is going to be a disaster....Consider ya'll aren't even being let in until Thursday late/Friday AM from what she told me.
Every year a lot of the teams stay here at the Kalahari water park and hotel resort. They have a huge parking lot that a lot of us park our haulers in until we can park at the track and then we come back here on Sun night and stay before we leave for Epping. Even the truck washing crew that follows the circuit to wash our haulers are here washing 24 hours day and night.There are about 25 haulers here right now and many more will show up through the night and tomorrow. I think the hospitality trailers can go to the track and start parking around 9.00am wed morning, and then the manufacture trailers can go park around noon, and then the pro teams race car haulers can park at 3.00pm. But you know the drill...everything is subject to change at a moments notice.;)

Wow - Carmen Electra hanging with the team in Denver. Were ya lucky enough to get a pic or two with her?
I was hoping she would have brought you guys a little more luck. Car looks great though!

Wow - Carmen Electra hanging with the team in Denver. Were ya lucky enough to get a pic or two with her?
I was hoping she would have brought you guys a little more luck. Car looks great though!
I didn't take any pics this time but she did give me a very nice hug.:) We dropped a hole on every run we made but we didn't hurt any parts this year up on the hill.

I know one thing, this team knows how to wrap a car. Looks awesome
with a great story on Johnna to go with it . Congrats Nitro Dude!

A good man is gone way to soon.
1696995815714.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom