Biggest fastest or just the best

Fastest space craft?

Fastest earth departure speed?

I should have named this thread useless information 101

Ok then, better go change you're little "also known as" thing from nothing to moses.

Don't know the fastest earth departure speed but I believe the minimum is something like 17,000 miles per hour!! And who knows the fastest space craft speed? With no atmosphere that could be pretty darn fast!!:D

Originally posted by 66mustang
Ok then, better go change you're little "also known as" thing from nothing to moses.

No way 66,I just can't do that.;)

Fastest Spacecraft Speed
The NASA-German Helios 1 and 2 solar probes reached 252,800 km/h (158,000 mph) during their orbits of the Sun. The two spacecraft, which were launched in 1974 and 1976, were German probes designed to orbit the Sun. They were launched by Titan 3E rockets from Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA on December 10, 1974 and January 15, 1976 and weighed 373 and 376 kg respectively (822 & 829 lb) .

Fastest Earth Departure Speed
The fastest escape velocity from Earth was 54,614 km/h (34,134 mph), achieved by the ESA Ulysses spacecraft after deployment from the Space Shuttle Discovery on October 7, 1990. It was en route to an orbit around the poles of the Sun via a fly-by of Jupiter

and I know you have all been waiting for this

Fastest Yodel
The fastest yodel was 22 tones (15 falsetto) in one second on February 9, 1992, by Thomas Scholl of Munich, Germany.

Leave it to the Germans to get the record for vocal chords!!:D

OK.........dinner's ready, then the last episode of Survivor and then I still have to win that war with terror with John Clark and his Rainbow Six team!!:)

Talk tomorrow!!

Great thread smack........lots of fun!!:beerchug:

That's rootbeer on the left!!:D

Fastest Engine Swap
The fastest time to switch the engine from one VW Beetle to another, then drive 5 meters (16 ft 5 in) is 1 minute 37 seconds by a team of four mechanics, Stefan Klotz, Ralf Kaelche, Markus Jung, and Stefan Worner, of Kaefer-Station Jung Klotz. They carried out the swift swap in Mulhheim, Germany on January 17, 1999. They were competing against another team to break the record.

Back
Top Bottom