Biggest surprise

Which of these contender's performances this year has been the most surprising?

• Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Harvick

• Ricky Craven

• Elliott Sadler

• Bobby Labonte

• Robby Gordon

• Someone else

• Total voters
S

stridsberry

Some quick info on each:

Dale Jr. - 5 top-5 finishes, and has been running well at tracks where he has historically struggled. He looks to be a bona fide championship contender.

Kevin Harvick - He has finished 7 out of 9 races in the top 20, and is 6th in points to lead the RCR corps.

Ricky Craven - Carrying the banner for Pontiac and for single car teams, with a win, two 4th-place finishes, and a 9th-place ranking in the points, with some of his better tracks coming up.

Elliott Sadler - Proving many preseason critics (including me) wrong, with a pole, five top-10 finishes - two more than Ricky Rudd had at this time last year - and a 10 place standing in points.

Bobby Labonte - Seems to have bounced back from a disappointing 2002, with two poles and four top-5 finishes.

Robby Gordon - 14th in points may not seem like much, but I don't believe he was even in the top 30 at this time last year.

Someone else - Kenseth? Waltrip? Nemechek? Who knows?

I voted for Ricky Craven - not because he's my favorite driver, but because each of the other choices has a teammate to help them, while PPI is a truly independent one-car team for 32 out of the 36 races.

Though the overall season has been less than spectacular and certainly the team is not contending for any highly noted points status, the most surprising performance by a team this year was an easy one for me.

Ken Schrader and the BAM team.

I voted for Sadler. Granted he is with a big name team, but he has had some really good cars, led laps, and is currently higher in the standings than his highly regarded teammate.

Originally posted by majestyx@Apr 15 2003, 01:36 PM
I had the same thought as Hardscrabble. Ken Schrader in the Bam car!
I am with you guys on this one. Schrader and the BAM team have impressed me.

Originally posted by DeeDee+Apr 15 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Apr 15 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Apr 15 2003, 01:36 PM
I had the same thought as Hardscrabble.&nbsp; Ken Schrader in the Bam car!
I am with you guys on this one. Schrader and the BAM team have impressed me. [/b][/quote]
I'll add my two cents for Kenny and the BAM team. :)

I said Ricky Craven. I was really surprised at how he was doing, I like him but didnt think he would do this well. But like I heard on tv or something, now that Bobby and Tony are no longer the number one pontiacs, they are giving the good stuff to Craven and others.

I am with Craven. I am surprised that he is in the top 10 in points. I kinda saw him as a top 15-20 place driver but he is doing great

Kenny would get my second vote.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady+Apr 15 2003, 03:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TexasRaceLady @ Apr 15 2003, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -DeeDee@Apr 15 2003, 12:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--majestyx
@Apr 15 2003, 01:36 PM
I had the same thought as Hardscrabble.  Ken Schrader in the Bam car!

I am with you guys on this one. Schrader and the BAM team have impressed me.
I'll add my two cents for Kenny and the BAM team. :) [/b][/quote]
I've got to add my pennies to Ken Schrader. I sure hope he keeps this up. I've never been so happy to eat my words, as I am in this case.

Craven hands down,imo.I had written Pontiac off after the departure of Gibbs.And single car teams?History.

Craven is making a believer out of me.

I voted Someone Else.. I would have to say Terry Labonte or Ken Schrader.

Back
Top Bottom