Blaney on Kez

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed reading that. Brad has always paid it forward. Guess it comes from sleeping on guys couches before you make it big

I really like Brad and he certainly played a major role in Blaney's relationship with Penske. But I have to disagree with Ryan stating "I would be nothing if it wasn't for Brad". Ryan showed his potential early in his teens running pavement late models and winning against much older and experienced drivers. He had good runs in K&N and ARCA. He drove for Tommy Baldwin in his first Busch race at Richmond and that night there were a lot of people that took note of Ryan's ability. I don't how how many if any calls he got because of that run with Baldwin, but I have to believe he still would have eventually found his way to Cup. Notwithstanding, it is nice to see Ryan paying his respect to Brad.

BKez may be the greatest guy in the world but you would not know strictly from the POV in this article. BKez gave Ryan a job as he saw a mutually beneficial relationship. BKez was happy for Ryan's first win and spent a couple of minutes interviewing him. He didn't give him a kidney!!!

I really like Brad and he certainly played a major role in Blaney's relationship with Penske. But I have to disagree with Ryan stating "I would be nothing if it wasn't for Brad". Ryan showed his potential early in his teens running pavement late models and winning against much older and experienced drivers. He had good runs in K&N and ARCA. He drove for Tommy Baldwin in his first Busch race at Richmond and that night there were a lot of people that took note of Ryan's ability. I don't how how many if any calls he got because of that run with Baldwin, but I have to believe he still would have eventually found his way to Cup. Notwithstanding, it is nice to see Ryan paying his respect to Brad.

Absolutely!

BKez may be the greatest guy in the world but you would not know strictly from the POV in this article. BKez gave Ryan a job as he saw a mutually beneficial relationship. BKez was happy for Ryan's first win and spent a couple of minutes interviewing him. He didn't give him a kidney!!!
Some drivers in hindsight think their first competent ride is more than a spare kidney. LOL

Funny, so many people have said through the years, "NASCAR died when Dale died", claiming he was the last of the throwback racers. Brad Keselowski, Ryan Blaney, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, they're as throwback as it gets.
KB? Maybe on the track but I never saw any old school drivers throw temper tantrums or pout and not talk to the media after a loss/bad run. His off track persona is more in line with spoiled and undisciplined children than old school drivers.

KB? Maybe on the track but I never saw any old school drivers throw temper tantrums or pout and not talk to the media after a loss/bad run. His off track persona is more in line with spoiled and undisciplined children than old school drivers.

If Kyle Busch had a mustache, wore goofy looking goggles and drove a black car, y'all would worship him.

Article was more about a young driver giving credit to someone else he felt he owes.

Wow, person can't say something nice about another without someone trying to minimize it. Wtf?

Mark won the 90 title.

Yep.

But Earnhardt NEVER acted like a spoiled child.

I saw him give lots of two word interviews, or talk about who should be fined, or talk about Bill France rolling over in his grave. Kyle's just a little more bombastic. And looks and sounds different.

Yep.

I saw him give lots of two word interviews, or talk about who should be fined, or talk about Bill France rolling over in his grave. Kyle's just a little more bombastic. And looks and sounds different.

You see no difference in DE and KBs maturity, attitude, relationship to media, fans, etc? Really?

I know, dumb question as you won't admit it here. But keep in mind how ignorant it looks to argue you REALLY see no difference. DE annoyed the hell out of me, took incredible joy in his misfortune (except the final wreck), and his fans absolutely drive me nuts today but he at least existed in the same reality everyone else did. If he screwed up, he admitted it. Usually. lol

You see no difference in DE and KBs maturity, attitude, relationship to media, fans, etc? Really?

Did I say I see literally no difference? No, I did not. My point is, the stuff everyone cries about with Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt and others have done in the past -- and even in the present. I just think it's funny Dale Earnhardt fans hate short interviews, or aggressive driving, or the pouting.

Of course, Dale Earnhardt had charisma and Kyle Busch doesn't have a likable bone in his body -- which is what makes Kyle Busch so much fun honestly.

Still, If Kyle Busch was "country", y'all would worship him.

Article was more about a young driver giving credit to someone else he felt he owes.

Wow, person can't say something nice about another without someone trying to minimize it. Wtf?

I was just commenting on what I read and didn't maximize or minimize a thing. If it is important for you to believe otherwise I will still sleep well tonight.

I agree that he does the deluxe Ahole like a born natural. And very often it is more of the futher self defeating kind of thing that happens after his race has been blown or destroyed. Not the strategic choice moments imo.

But I do respect his talent and the opportunities and support he has provided to younger drivers. I think after he gets over the DTs or ****z of bad moment, and Samantha discipline he can be almost decent at times.

Did I say I see literally no difference? No, I did not. My point is, the stuff everyone cries about with Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt and others have done in the past -- and even in the present. I just think it's funny Dale Earnhardt fans hate short interviews, or aggressive driving, or the pouting.

Of course, Dale Earnhardt had charisma and Kyle Busch doesn't have a likable bone in his body -- which is what makes Kyle Busch so much fun honestly.

I can only guess you are fishing in imagining similarities between Dale and Kyle. Hope you catch something tasty!

It's not even comparable so I don't see why you even bother except to rile people up. Especially the old 3 crowd with comments like those but whatever.

I was just commenting on what I read and didn't maximize or minimize a thing. If it is important for you to believe otherwise I will still sleep well tonight.

Please. Someone had something good to say about someone u don't like so u took an opportunity to **** on it.

Lol at sleep. Okayyyyy....

Dale was humble, Kyle is a brat.

Theres your difference.

Dale and Kyle are very similar in driving talent.

The comparison ends there.

Dale and Kyle are very similar in driving talent.
Not even, imo.

Dale could take a junker & will it near the front much like JJ nowadays.

Kyle gets a junker, crys over the radio & eventually takes his frustrations out on another driver.

Dale was always big picture, Kyle doesnt think ahead.

Not even, imo.

Dale could take a junker & will it near the front much like JJ nowadays.

Kyle gets a junker, crys over the radio & eventually takes his frustrations out on another driver.

Dale was always big picture, Kyle doesnt think ahead.

When you put it that way. Perhaps I was mistaken. Very good point. Dale got more out of less, maybe better than anyone I've ever watched. Kyle goes mental if things don't go his way. Dealing with adversity hasn't been his strong suit. That's why the best driving I've seen out of him was after his broken leg at Daytona.

I think I was mostly saying that both Dale and Kyle Busch are tremendous wheelmen who can win in anything they strap into. There really isn't a comparison between the two.

If you wanna know my honest opinion, the one driver in the field who reminds me the most of Dale, from his path to the Cup series, his aggressive driving....the whole deal, is the man in the title of this thread.

Last edited:
Blarney is a class act. Love seeing him give credit to Bad Brad. Yes Ryan had the talent but Brad had the vision of him becoming a star and gave him the chance. Ryan is quickly on the path to replacing an Elliott as my favorite driver.

I can only guess you are fishing in imagining similarities between Dale and Kyle. Hope you catch something tasty!
The only similarities I find between those two is some of the post-race interviews. Dale Earnhardt could be a real butthole to the reporters if he had a bad race.

Back
Top Bottom