Blink of an Eye

AdoubleU24

Team Owner
Just got back from the theater. There was only one showing and it was tonight at 7. Nearly sold out!! I couldn't believe it for here where I live but I was so happy to see it. Movie was very good, and very touching. We've all heard tidbits of the story of that particular day in 2001 from a lot of people in the sport, but this went far beyond that and really shed light on the men themselves. Highly recommend looking out for it in the future when it comes to either Netflix or TV if you missed out on it today.

Just got back from the theater. There was only one showing and it was tonight at 7. Nearly sold out!! I couldn't believe it for here where I live but I was so happy to see it. Movie was very good, and very touching. We've all heard tidbits of the story of that particular day in 2001 from a lot of people in the sport, but this went far beyond that and really shed light on the men themselves. Highly recommend looking out for it in the future when it comes to either Netflix or TV if you missed out on it today.

I really want to see that. I’m hoping it’s available to watch on some platform later. I couldn’t make it to any theaters in the week like this.

I've seen several glowing reviews. I wasn't interested in seeing the film. Frankly, I'm tired of the entire Nascar industry constantly pumping the Earnhardt story for all its worth. I'm sorta creeped out by the Cult Of Earnhardt... it's like Elvis or something. I think it's time we moved on. But that is just me. And I'm sure this film is well done, from the reviews I've seen.

Everything I've read indicates it's a great movie. I just don't know if I could go there again.

Fortunately, I'm not much into movies in the first place.

I agree.
My son went to Michael's private release in Huntersville on Wednesday. I asked him to give me a little breakdown of it. He said I have to watch it before we talk about it. I said Naaaaa.
2001 was a sh!++y year!

I could never watch it mainly because, Michael Waltrip. Enough said.

My sis dated him and he puts on an act when he’s on tv. He’s still goofy but he acts different.

Movie was good. I give it an 8/10. It’s mostly the same story but interviews with Buffy (she looks great for her age) and home movies from Waltrip. The only part that drove me insane was why couldn’t they make the old videos in near hd. They have been used on other documentaries and are even on YouTube and they look great but in the movie it looked like it was in 240 resolution.

I am reading the book now. One thing I have learned is D.W. was a tight a** and didnt help Michael much at getting started.

I've seen several glowing reviews. I wasn't interested in seeing the film. Frankly, I'm tired of the entire Nascar industry constantly pumping the Earnhardt story for all its worth. I'm sorta creeped out by the Cult Of Earnhardt... it's like Elvis or something. I think it's time we moved on. But that is just me. And I'm sure this film is well done, from the reviews I've seen.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

It sounds like this movie may have touched on a few points that haven’t been hashed over many times before, but I agree that while we should never forget Earnhardt and what he meant to the sport, it’s probably time to move on from this. We’re probably only a few years away from having drivers in the Cup Series that weren’t even born yet when Earnhardt died.

I eujoyed Michael Waltrip back in the 90s before over exposure. I remember him leading a bunch laps at a Darlington cup race in the old country time car, and I got to see him win the Winston All Star race. I respect that.
He ran marathons and probably could out do most the people that have ever insulted his masculinty.

But he got over exposed after the 500 win and had way to much camara time on FOX.

I have snarked him many times, but I am getting older and see a flawed man in the mirror. I dont want to be too harsh.
He is a Nascar yes man, but he has invested his life in racing, and I believe his passion or energy is genuine.

It isn't like he was a member of the damn BeeGees.

I’ve never heard of the movie. I just Googled it to see what it was.
But you being an old timer, know the stories well how Michele went to the Petty Family and sided against his brother. I think if it wasn't for Dale Sr, the 2 brothers may never have reconciled.

I eujoyed Michael Waltrip back in the 90s before over exposure. I remember him leading a bunch laps at a Darlington cup race in the old country time car, and I got to see him win the Winston All Star race. I respect that.
He ran marathons and probably could out do most the people that have ever insulted his masculinty.

But he got over exposed after the 500 win and had way to much camara time on FOX.

I have snarked him many times, but I am getting older and see a flawed man in the mirror. I dont want to be too harsh.
He is a Nascar yes man, but he has invested his life in racing, and I believe his passion or energy is genuine.

It isn't like he was a member of the damn BeeGees.

I agree with this.

I've spent a lot of time around him over the years, at the tracks and in a social setting. I stand by my opinion just as you stand by yours.
Lord the stories I could tell you. That guy is a mess

Just saw on Reddit that this is supposed to be available on streaming platforms November 5th.

Back
Top Bottom