"Blue Oval". "Bow tie". "Ram". "Arrowhead".

I suggest “tri-oval”, since it’s basically just three ovals.
We're already using that term to describe (too many) race tracks.

I don't have anything better. I was wondering if something already existed that I wasn't aware of (again).

"Whiners"?

I believe the logo is a stylized 'T'.

What do anyone's model names mean? What's a Camaro? A lot of them these days are just words made up by the marketing department.
From the Camaro's Wikipedia

"Chevrolet chose in keeping with other car names beginning with the letter C such as the Corvair, Chevelle, Chevy II, and Corvette. He claimed the name, "suggests the comradeship of good friends as a personal car should be to its owner" and that "to us, the name means just what we think the car will do... go." The Camaro name was then unveiled.[8] Automotive press asked Chevrolet product managers, "what is a Camaro?" and were told it was "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs,"[9] an obvious reference to the extremely successful Ford Mustang that created and dominated the Pony car market GM was entering.
According to the book The Complete Book of Camaro: Every Model Since 1967, the name Camaro was conceived by Chevrolet merchandising manager Bob Lund and General Motors vice president Ed Rollett, while they were reading the book Heath's French and English Dictionary by James Boïelle and by de V. Payen-Payne printed in 1936. In the book The Complete Book of Camaro, it states that Mr. Lund and Mr. Rollett found the word camaro in the French-English dictionary was slang, to mean "friend, pal, or comrade". The article further repeated Estes's statement of what the word camaro was meant to imply, that the car's name "suggests the comradeship of good friends, as a personal car should be to its owner".[10] The accepted French word with the closest meaning is "camarade," from which the English word "comrade" is derived."

Changed Toyoda to Toyota because it shortened in congee from 10 pen strokes to eight. Eight is a lucky number for the Japanese.

The nickname needs to define a poacher, and not the animal.

I can only hope that MY manufacturer can someday be referred to something as dynamic as "blue oval" or cute as a "bowtie".

Changed Toyoda to Toyota because it shortened in congee from 10 pen strokes to eight. Eight is a lucky number for the Japanese.
Pretty damn cool IMO.

I'll thank you to never use the 'D' name in any discussion I start. I know this is the Internet, but even it has decency limits.
4jpyymcq6onz.jpg

Love Digger

Ford blue oval started in 1903
Chevy bow tie started in 1913
Dodge ram started in 1932
The Toyota logo started in 1990 - it hasn't been around long enough to get a nickname (tri-oval sounds OK but is limited to racing).

Ford blue oval started in 1903
Chevy bow tie started in 1913
Dodge ram started in 1932
The Toyota logo started in 1990 - it hasn't been around long enough to get a nickname (tri-oval sounds OK but is limited to racing).
I'm almost positive I remember Dodge having a triangular logo when I was growing up, and for a while sharing the Chrysler pentagon. I recall the Ram logo being introduced in the '80s or '90s or so.

But I'm off my meds again.

I'm almost positive I remember Dodge having a triangular logo when I was growing up, and for a while sharing the Chrysler pentagon. I recall the Ram logo being introduced in the '80s or '90s or so.

This is a picture of an early 1930s Dodge hood ornament

BackToThe50s-2015-0340-2.jpg

This is a picture of a later 1930s Dodge hood ornament

BackToThe50s-2017 0959-2.jpg

Very interesting.
Was told many years ago that the car was named in honor of Japanese Admiral Soemu Toyoda.

Back
Top Bottom