Bobby Iverson

be9ak7ts16

Johali Lives
Where do I start with this guy. He was a local who was 1/2 of the biggest rivalry at my hometown track. To me he was the other guy. The guy we booed. The guy that raced my guy Jerry Richer every Friday and Saturday night. You’ve seen both these cars in the Countdown threads. We lost Bobby last weekend. He was still active in the Vintage Modified Series in his car he built in 1975 and restored for the series. This from his obit.
At the young age of 15, Bob began his love and passion for racing cars. He raced on tracks throughout the Midwest and went as far as Florida. Bob had multiple track championships in Escanaba, Norway, and Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. He even won a rare Grand Slam title in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. Bob won a record of 10 track championships at the Norway Speedway before retiring in 1993 after his 10th title. As a tremendous racer, Bob was inducted into the U.P. Sports Hall of Fame in 1998 and was also inducted into the Michigan Motor Sports Hall of Fame in 2000. Throughout the past few years, Bob enjoyed finding different parts and restoring his 1975 modified stock car. [\quote]
So long Bobby and thank you for making me a life long race fan.

11235337_10206888743040899_2430682439488596074_n.jpg

Where do I start with this guy. He was a local who was 1/2 of the biggest rivalry at my hometown track. To me he was the other guy. The guy we booed. The guy that raced my guy Jerry Richer every Friday and Saturday night. You’ve seen both these cars in the Countdown threads. We lost Bobby last weekend. He was still active in the Vintage Modified Series in his car he built in 1975 and restored for the series. This from his obit.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom