Bobby Jr News

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hamilton Jr. severs ties to Truck team

An emotional Bobby Hamilton Jr. said Sunday he has "washed his hands and dried them" regarding involvement with the Truck Series team owned by his late father.

"I just couldn't be part of it with him not being active in BHR," Hamilton Jr. said at Busch Series testing at Daytona. "I just kind of let the powers that be kind run the deal down there and I just wasn't 100 percent into it or agreed with it, and I still don't. Even to this day I haven't been down there, and I refuse to. It's not the way my dad was running it."

Bobby Hamilton died of cancer Jan. 7. The team plans to continue running in the Truck Series, but Hamilton Jr. will drive for Team Rensi in the Busch Series.

Hamilton said the people now running BHR "are kind of sinking it, I think. I just can't be part of that."

BHR issued a statement later in the day saying, "We at Bobby Hamilton Racing are continuing operations with a team of people hand-selected by Bobby Hamilton Sr.

This is the same team of people who helped Bobby Sr. win his NCTS championship title in 2004.

We have so many (people) who have confidence in Bobby Hamilton Racing's success in 2007 and beyond. We wish that same success to Bobby Jr."

hopefully as time moves on it'll get easier for Jr....i hope he takes an active role in it some day.

im sure its tough as hell for him right now though....

Bobby Jr has way to high an opinion of himself and how things should be done. BHR will be around and more successful than Jr's brief and uneventful career.

Bobby Jr has way to high an opinion of himself and how things should be done. BHR will be around and more successful than Jr's brief and uneventful career.

if you read more about it on Nascar.com....the article basically says BHR had three owners....Hamilton sr, jr, and sr's ex wife. Apparently she is making some changes that some people arent happy about.

the article also addresses the fact that Jr was in the mist of a great Busch career and he said he made a mistake by jumping to the 32 cup car (junk equipment)...he said that its funny that you go from winning busch races into a junk car in the cup series and people all of a sudden think you cant drive anymore.

has anyone done anything in the 32 in the past few years?

Back
Top Bottom