Bodine Back in Busch

R

rpmallen

BGNRacing.com

Tim Fedewa was released from the #92 Excedrin Herzog Jackson Motorsports team following Saturday's race in Atlanta. Todd Bodine is expected to be back in the car this weekend at Rockingham. (10- 28-02)

What the heck is that about??? Tim Fedewa was doing well with that team, and now they are putting back in Bodine who's wrecked that car more than he's finished. Nothing against Bodine, but what is their thinking on this one?

Discover card chose not to resign for next year, could be my only guess, but why not let Tim go at the end of the season.

I'm not a follower of the 92 car so I'm not sure of anything. But, seems to me that Todd has driven the 92 more than a couple times this year......if that's true, then what's the surprise? And for Tim Fedewa......maybe he hasn't done as good as you think. I certainly don't remember any great finishes by him this past season. It's a shame for Tim but if the car (and driver) aren't finishing well enough for the sponsors and teams, then they do have the right to replace them.....unless, of course, there is some ironclad contract that can't be broken. Sort of doubt that to be the case for Tim though.:(

Tim was in the car for 3 races and had one top-10 after Todd Bodine was released from the ride. I guess they want him back.

Originally posted by Ciggie
Why not put Andy Houston back in?

Why not Todd? Maybe Andy Houston turned them down. We know so little about what goes on behind the scenes!!!:D

True, but it's fun to pose another question isn't it? Nothing against Todd by any means, but just trying to get some discussion going.

I guess the guys back at the shop need more work. Need to fix those damaged cars.

Maybe the #92 just needed 3 races to catch up rebuilding all the cars Todd Bodine wrecked throughout the year.

Todd.....a bit over eager at times but the dude CAN drive. If he ever figures out how to wait for the race to come to him there are going to be a lot of folks wondering how he ever got the big trophy.

Todd's like a WWII fighter pilot. Honestly believes that he can take out an enemy squadron single-handed. Or maybe one of those engineer types who see's no problem with putting 5 pounds of spit in a four pound bag.

13 Busch wins, and 4 Winston Cup poles are not to be sneezed at.

Todd's eagerness reminds me a lot of Robbie Gordon. I think that both men could do really well in Cup, but like 71Fan said, they don't wait for the race to come to them. If they would do this, I bet they would turn a lot of heads.

Todd Bodine is a good driver. For anyone that can think past this year, he's really shown a lot of potential. This year is just isn't his year, and unfortunately could end up ending his career if he doesn't turn it around soon.

Unfortunately.most people including owners, only remember the recent history. This has not been a stellar year for Todd. It may have done more damage than we know. I wonder if owners will seriously consider him for a cup ride with all the trouble he has had. :(

According to Nascar.com, Todd Bodine left the #92 to pursue Winston Cup, but decided to come back to Busch b/c he like the #92 orginization. They said Tim Fedewa did a good job for them, but they were glad to have Todd back. Despite all the wrecks in that car, Todd has had some good runs in that car and even a win, so I guess the owners remember that. Good for Todd, a shame for Fedewa.

Todd puts his cars on TV one way or the other. Great finishes are a bonus but the money revolves around camera time.

Yeah, every time he hits the wall the announcers always say he will need to use his sponsor, Excedrin, after the crash. So yeah, he gets them attention one way or another.

Originally posted by Ciggie
Discover card chose not to resign for next year, could be my only guess, but why not let Tim go at the end of the season.

I think you may be right on that. He probably knows already that Discover won't be back and figures he better go with the sure thing for next year. Nothing else really makes sense. I don't believe he was "let go" from the 92 team. I think he stated he left to concentrate on the Winston Cup team so going back because he misses them doesn't make sense to me.

The grass wasn't greener on the other side of the fence, so Todd decided to go back to were he was.

Originally posted by gordon24fan
The grass wasn't greener on the other side of the fence, so Todd decided to go back to were he was.

I have to disagree, he started the year in Cup with a team that was only going to have a sponsor for two races. Years before in Cup, eventhough he didn't have a win, he was still a driver who could race really well. He went to the #92 Busch team, because he did not have a ride at the time, and it wasn't until the midpoint of the season when Discover Card jumped on board. He left Busch, because he wanted to focus on Cup, which is very admirable.

This is why I still say something happened to his Cup ride, for him to go back to Busch.

Well, after being put on probation by Nascar after the incident in his Discover card, maybe he knows that the sponsor might want him out of the car next year b/c of bad publicity even if they do return.

Probably not a bad move to stay with a good Busch team just in case the Cup deal ends up not working out.

Jayski has confirmed that Discover card will not be returning next season, and Todd Bodine will be going to starting-up Winston Cup team that has funding.

This could leave Hideo Fukuyama as Travis Carter's only driver next year. Interesting.

maybe the folks that sponsor the car just want a lot of ad time and if you sponsor tb, since he cant drive and causes many wrecks, ya know you'll be on tv a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

That's a shame for Todd and Carter. I hope Carter can work something and get that #26 back competing. I hate to see a decent team go to waste.

Well, the #26 wouldn't go to waste. Carter would move Hideo to that car since that's the primary car. But I doubt whatever sponsor that is coming on that car is really going to be enough to sport that team if that does end up happening.

Hideo would more than likely have a better car too. I always thought the 26 to be a better ride than the 66. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it is Hideo will have a better ride.

I'm sure Carter is still trying to find a sponsor for his primary car, but he just lost his driver too.

I get the feeling that Hideo is going to bringing more than enuf sponsor bucks along to keep the doors open for Travis Carter. Once he gets some seat time in the heavier cars and they start putting lease motors in them, he will be able to get to the front.

I would half expect Travis to have plenty of bucks to get to the windtunnel prior to Daytona also.

I never thought of that, but yeah, windtunnel time is important, but i'm sure Carter has enough money put away if there wasn't a sponsor to cover that.

Back
Top Bottom