Bojangles southern bonehead of the race

FenderBumper

The "good old days" ??
Newman, for quick waving and turning left while trying to pit from the wall. It's obvious that Newman never gave anyone behind him, or their spotters, a chance to see he was pitting.

Kyle Larson's pit crew for screwing the pooch.

42 pit crew. Larson had it won, they didnt get the job done.

Bowyer and his spotter. Nothing like running full speed into another car that's trying to pit.

Reactions: sdj
I'm glad that Cope is racing, I was missing all of the Bobby Labonte start and park carping about him every week.

I'm sticking with the spotter of the #40 car in the X race, for not getting his driver clear of the 3-way battle for the lead.

Gonna go with Larson's pitcrew for fornicating the pouch on the last pitstop

hell pit stops are so screwed up nowdays, who knows maybe one of Larson's crew was having trouble holding hands with a tire. They don't use the commitment cone any more heading into the pits. thanks for that too.

2 car, 13.4 sec
42 car, 14 sec

Not sure what the average Ps time is for the 5 man crews, but the #2 was fast enough to pass the 42 on that short run if it had come to that. Penske had the right setup for the short run while the 42 wasn't very fast after that final restart.

Kez said he got a perfect launch out of the pit stall and was sweating a speeding penalty. called the new dash tach electronic junk.

2 car, 13.4 sec
42 car, 14 sec

Not sure what the average Ps time is for the 5 man crews, but the #2 was fast enough to pass the 42 on that short run if it had come to that. Penske had the right setup for the short run while the 42 wasn't very fast after that final restart.
42 was running a long run setup.
These crap stages negatively affect racing. Factor in real cautions and you see why nobody cares anymore.

The twelve fans they showed on TV sitting in a chair in front of a big fan watching the race while at Darlington on t h e jumbotron. IDIOTS
I'll never get why anyone wants to watch a race from the infield. It has the same viewing issues as Indy - you can't see squat. I can only conclude these people are there for that vague 'experience' thing I don't understand.

I'll never get why anyone wants to watch a race from the infield. It has the same viewing issues as Indy - you can't see squat. I can only conclude these people are there for that vague 'experience' thing I don't understand.
ya never know, this could be the start of the "Me Too" casual fan movement so popular years before. Did anybody count the millenials?

It’s not bad if you have a bobble head with unlimited rotational capabilities.

I've watched the Bristol night race from the infield and it was great :punkrocke

How much could you see?
I sat right in the middle of 3 & 4, and could see just about all of both straightaways. 1 & 2 was really the only part I couldn't see, but it was easy enough to walk over there if I needed to.
I would've preferred grandstand seats, but pit passes was all I could get back then.

Kevin Harvick... for going three-wide in Turn 2 at Darlington to attempt passing the Xfinity race leader... and then performing classless tantrums in the pits and on TV to try placing the blame on Ross Chastain.

Honorable Mention to the Harvick fans claiming three-wide in Turn 2 is a standard move for skilled veterans. Fact: In the Cup race, there were ZERO attempts at three-wide running in Turn 2 shown on the broadcast, either live or replay.

Kevin Harvick... for going three-wide in Turn 2 at Darlington to attempt passing the Xfinity race leader... and then performing classless tantrums in the pits and on TV to try placing the blame on Ross Chastain.

Honorable Mention to the Harvick fans claiming three-wide in Turn 2 is a standard move for skilled veterans. Fact: In the Cup race, there were ZERO attempts at three-wide running in Turn 2 shown on the broadcast, either live or replay.
You realize this is the Bojangles Southern 500 Cup bonehead thread, right?

Back
Top Bottom