Bone head move of the Kansas race

ted@economy

in the interest of equal time
I gotta go with Sam Hornish crew chief. Sam was running on the lead lap, his speeds were as good as or better then the cars around him. He looked like he could finish as high as fifteenth . Then they left him out too long , he lost a lap ,and ended with a horrible finish.

I gotta go with Sam Hornish crew chief. Sam was running on the lead lap, his speeds were as good as or better then the cars around him. He looked like he could finish as high as fifteenth . Then they left him out too long , he lost a lap ,and ended with a horrible finish.

Yeah, I don't know what his plan was with that move. He must have been praying for a Tornado to lift Sam up and land him on the witch for the win.

Kenny Francis for running Kasey out of fuel while running 3rd, never got up higher then his finish of 8th.

Aric Almirola, being three laps down and holding up Truex in the final laps for no earthly reason. I guess he's still on Gibbs' payroll.

Running up front and finishing 19th probably better than not and finishing 15th for a driver who isn't running full time. Giving SKF several minutes of TV time like that could open the door for more races, if not a full season.

I can't find a reference as to when NA$$CAR changed the rear-end gear ratio rule for this race but I would assume it was a very recent decision. One which brought about several engine failures due to the stresses of the higher RPM numbers. Engine builders need time to adjust their approach and they may not have had that time before Kansas. The number of damaged engines was quite high for a 400 mile race.

I would vote NA$$CAR as the bonehead - based upon the limited info I have...

Running up front and finishing 19th probably better than not and finishing 15th for a driver who isn't running full time. Giving SKF several minutes of TV time like that could open the door for more races, if not a full season.

I take it that you didn't have him in your picks.:(

I can't find a reference as to when NA$$CAR changed the rear-end gear ratio rule for this race but I would assume it was a very recent decision. One which brought about several engine failures due to the stresses of the higher RPM numbers. Engine builders need time to adjust their approach and they may not have had that time before Kansas. The number of damaged engines was quite high for a 400 mile race.

I would vote NA$$CAR as the bonehead - based upon the limited info I have...

I agree, NASCAR for the gear rule today.

Didn't somebody run out of fuel? Or was that just more Penske engineering?

Didn't somebody run out of fuel? Or was that just more Penske engineering?

A few guys ran out of fuel. Another aspect of the gear rule change that had an effect on the outcome of the race.

Aric Almirola, being three laps down and holding up Truex in the final laps for no earthly reason. I guess he's still on Gibbs' payroll.
Or hoping to get on it when they can Logano.

btw, that sponsorship of Kurt Busch must really be paying big dividends. Heard on the race broadcast that the sponsor is thinking about cutting back some races and Busch may not run a full season.

btw, that sponsorship of Kurt Busch must really be paying big dividends. Heard on the race broadcast that the sponsor is thinking about cutting back some races and Busch may not run a full season.

It's sponsored by the team owner, who also owns Phoenix construction.

ya he don't really have a sponsor the owner is loaded I guess, but he was saying he wants to get one to give Kurt better stuff to compete.

The 12 car stayed out Way to long on old tires hoping to get a caution, poor strategy in a race that was having very few cautions.

Back
Top Bottom