Bonehead: Gateway/Portland

I think Peacock will when NBC takes over and usually does have some good post race for those that desire it. Honestly, I’m cool with them interviewing the winner, then rest of podium and if any pit road shenanigans happen please cut to that, then I’m out. I was never going to watch an hour post race for a 3 plus hour race I just watched. I let what I viewed marinate, then during week I’ll read articles over the past week while getting ready for next race.

Race coverage should start at 1:00 PM EST. Green flag @ 1:18 PM. They can add any info we needed to know during cautions.
I'm fine with a half-hour or hour-long pre-race show. As long as it's billed as such on the TV guide. Nobody's holding a gun to anybody's head and making them watch two hours of "Race Day" or "Countdown to Green."

TNT, at one point, had a 90-minute pre-race show and I actually enjoyed it. I have no desire to watch "NASCAR RaceDay" or "Race Hub" but I'm fine with the option existing.

But I'm with you, if actual race coverage starts at 1pm, the green flag should be in the air by 1:20pm.

If demand was there for a pre race show and a post race show they would have one. Me thinks the demand just isnt there 🤷‍♂️

What I would love to see is a deep dive into certain aspect of the sport. Like, every time they go into chassis adjustment they only cover the basic of concepts. They have a 3D car and I don't think they're using it to its full advantage. There are other aspect of stock car racing they could do a deep dive on.

I don’t agree with that. They have hours and hours of prerace.
I agree with you to an extent. I would much rather have an hour of postrace show than an hour of prerace. Maybe the time is far more valuable after the race so they cant afford to miss out.

They need a streaming service tbh. If a race runs over into another program, we can’t really expect to get much post race coverage. Because picture this. Say a baseball game is on before a race, but runs late. Would you as race fans, be cool with missing the first say 10 laps because they had to interview baseball players? I doubt it. Same with people who watch some of the other sports they have to go to because of cutting into said time.

I’d rather hear them talk about what DID happen than what MIGHT happen.
Ding Ding effing Ding!!!!!! Pre-race is just the pushing of NASCAR approved story lines and a complete waste of time. Start race way earlier then have post race to break it down. I'd be perfectly happy with old ESPN Speedworld graphic intro, quick starting lineup because they've already started pace laps when it comes on, and boom. Race.

Back
Top Bottom