Bonehead of the Race: Coca-Cola 600

So, you're saying Chad Knaus should call the #24 car's race to provide maximum benefit to the #9 car's result??? Hmmm, interesting perspective there.

Personally, I think the absence of team orders in Nascar is a good thing.
never underestimate the imagination of a Gordon/Elliott fan :biggrin: Knaus thought it was built up rubber when the 24 called it in. That has been interpreted by some with rose colored Elliott glasses to mean Chad should have known a flat was coming and pulled the 24 car. :laugh:IMO a crew chief is going to er on the side of keeping his driver out of the pits if possible, but yeah it has been funny listening to the twists and turns and how Chad got involved.

never underestimate the imagination of a Gordon/Elliott fan :biggrin: Knaus thought it was built up rubber when the 24 called it in. That has been interpreted by some with rose colored Elliott glasses to mean Chad should have known a flat was coming and pulled the 24 car. :laugh:IMO a crew chief is going to er on the side of keeping his driver out of the pits if possible, but yeah it has been funny listening to the twists and turns and how Chad got involved.
Yeah, that legendary Gordon/Elliott fan base is a force to be reckoned with... different from others because it's so large, and that creates a bit of a mob mentality.

I'll admit I was pissed off at Martinsville three years ago when Brad K was cruising to the win with 6 or 7 laps to go. Teammate Joey Logano got a flat tire, and he and Todd Gordon decided to stay out to create a yellow flag... and the end result was Kyle Busch won the race and Brad got eliminated from the playoffs. It was a selfish move by the 22 for minimal gain to them, and I was pissed. But I still think keeping team orders out of Nascar is a good thing.

Yeah, that legendary Gordon/Elliott fan base is a force to be reckoned with... different from others because it's so large, and that creates a bit of a mob mentality.
Don’t feed the trolls. SOI was temp banned years ago for targeting Gordon fans and he’s been calmer ever since. Every now and then he slips back into being a worm just to ruffle feathers but warning shots have already been sent and he knows what the next shots will be.

We can disagree about the calls that were and weren’t made and thats fine. Just don’t give in to targeting entire fan bases.

Don’t feed the trolls. SOI was temp banned years ago for targeting Gordon fans and he’s been calmer ever since. Every now and then he slips back into being a worm just to ruffle feathers but warning shots have already been sent and he knows what the next shots will be.

We can disagree about the calls that were and weren’t made and thats fine. Just don’t give in to targeting entire fan bases.
nah banned for a much nobler cause IMO. Dealing with a three named Troll names Skoal. Get it right Gordo boy :laugh: BTW being a Kez fan, he had every right to slide into the hole that Gordo made at Texas..does that ring any bells?

It isn't hard to figure out who Hamlin's bonehead nomination is. :)

It isn't hard to figure out who Hamlin's bonehead nomination is. :)
IMO Elliott not winning is more of a problem than Hamlin's team of B.S. They are already in the chase, doesn't make a whole lot of difference if Hambone runs last for the next four races. The preacher could put the floor sweeper up on the pit box. :idunno:

IMO Elliott not winning is more of a problem than Hamlin's team of B.S. They are already in the chase, doesn't make a whole lot of difference if Hambone runs last for the next four races. The preacher could put the floor sweeper up on the pit box. :idunno:
I'm going with the safety aspect, because that could have been really bad if they were up to speed and it went through a window or someone ran over it. That is why it is such a stiff penalty... as it should be imo.

I think a hall of fame crew chief should consider calling his car to pit road after having a tire rub for 100+ laps, especially when they are not in contention to win and after his driver complains of a “flat tire” with 4 to go, but ends up altering the end of the race.

Yeah it’s one thing keeping your fingers crossed while the entire world watches the smoke from a bad rub BUT leaving it out an extra couple laps after the driver tells you he can feel it going down is pretty bad.

Ah well both Byron and Elliot paid the piper.

I'm going with the safety aspect, because that could have been really bad if they were up to speed and it went through a window or someone ran over it. That is why it is such a stiff penalty... as it should be imo.
No argument there, but because of the way things are set up, it would be way more of a penalty for a team that hasn't won a race.

Yeah it’s one thing keeping your fingers crossed while the entire world watches the smoke from a bad rub BUT leaving it out an extra couple laps after the driver tells you he can feel it going down is pretty bad.

Ah well both Byron and Elliot paid the piper.
Actually the whole HMS team minus Johnson got screwed by that caution. The 9 team lost 2 spots the 88 team lost 15 spots, and the 24 team got a dnf. Chad may not get invited to this years Christmas party.

Last edited:
Actually the whole HMS team minus Johnson got screwed by that caution. The 9 team lost 2 spots the 88 team lost 15 spots, and the 24 team got a dnf. Chad may not get invited to this years Christmas party.
Edit...I was wrong the 24 ended 20th p.

Back
Top Bottom