BONEHEAD OF THE RACE: Dover

bonehead

• Total voters
D

Digger

My vote goes to Jamie McMurray for his cheap shot after Robby got loose under him.

And ESPN for crucifying Robby over what was clearlya racing incident.

My vote goes to ESPN/ABC for their rediculous overuse of the in-car camera. Three-wide racing, and we were treated to a closeup of Biffle's hood. Yay.

Have to agree, Gordon's the bonehead. Week after week he falls a lap, or more, down then holds up those racing the leader. I realize how hard it is to give up a position if you're competitive but a lap or two down and holding up those that are competitive proves boneheadedness.
He'd be doing everyone a favor if he went back to dune buggy's.

My vote goes to Jamie McMurray for his cheap shot after Robby got loose under him.

And ESPN for crucifying Robby over what was clearlya racing incident.

I vote you for bonehead because apparently you did not watch the race, I don't blame jamie for what he did, he had the best car of the season and robby's aggressive way runied what could of possibly been jamie's best run of the season.

Vote has to go to Gordon who continues to race the lead lap cars, while a lap or more down. Today he takes out a possible top 5 car. Get off the track, Robby. Is Robby the new Derrike Cope?

Have to agree, Gordon's the bonehead. Week after week he falls a lap, or more, down then holds up those racing the leader. I realize how hard it is to give up a position if you're competitive but a lap or two down and holding up those that are competitive proves boneheadedness.

Kind of reminds you of Dave Marcis doesn't it? Blocking, no excuse. Racing, that's the name of this sport.

I vote you for bonehead because apparently you did not watch the race, I don't blame jamie for what he did, he had the best car of the season and robby's aggressive way runied what could of possibly been jamie's best run of the season.
Robby was trying to get every position he could out of it.

He didn't do anything wrong.

The car got loose from under him.

It's happened to Kyle Busch. It's happened to Jamie McMurray (not like he's the cleanest driver ever:rolleyes:). It happens to everyone.

Wrong place, wrong time.

That was a racing incident.

Then McMurray felt the need to retaliate under caution.

Robby was trying to get every position he could out of it.

He didn't do anything wrong.

The car got loose from under him.

It's happened to Kyle Busch. It's happened to Jamie McMurray (not like he's the cleanest driver ever:rolleyes:). It happens to everyone.

Wrong place, wrong time.

That was a racing incident.

Then McMurray felt the need to retaliate under caution.

What exactly is Robby "Roadblock" racing for? He's 32nd in points. At least give the top 20 a break, huh?

Hey, gotta add Bob Osborne to the bonehead list for taking two tires when the driver asked for 4. Especially, when leading and everyone else was pitting, too.
:confused:

What exactly is Robby "Roadblock" racing for? He's 32nd in points. At least give the top 20 a break, huh?
Robby shouldn't roll over and play dead.

The man's fielding his own cars and owns his own team. He's gotta earn everything he gets out there.

If he rolled over and played dead every race, I guarantee he wouldn't even be in the top 35. Robby Gordon is a real race car driver, someone who fights for every position, the type of racers you'd see at a local short track. They have a flag for drivers in the way to let the leaders pass. They didn't display it to Robby so obviously NASCAR didn't have a problem with it.

Perhaps you should send your postcard of complain to John Darby. :idunno:

Hey, gotta add Bob Osborne to the bonehead list for taking two tires when the driver asked for 4. Especially, when leading and everyone else was pitting, too.
:confused:
Carl is, ultimately, the driver. He didn't have to leave the pit stall. :p

Could've pulled an 'Ironhead' move.

"I ain't leaving 'til you give me four." :XXROFL:

The man's fielding his own cars and owns his own team. He's gotta earn everything he gets out there.

If he rolled over and played dead every race, I guarantee he wouldn't even be in the top 35. Robby Gordon is a real race car driver, someone who fights for every position, the type of racers you'd see at a local short track. They have a flag for drivers in the way to let the leaders pass. They didn't display it to Robby so obviously NASCAR didn't have a problem with it.

No, Robby shouldn't roll over, but holding the leaders up for that many laps is wrong.

Edwards' crew chief is the bonehead. Had the winning car and took 2 tires with 50 laps to go.

I didn't mind the in-car shots when racing for the lead. It showed what it was like to be the leader with 2 guys right on you wanting your lead. Good stuff.

You just don't get it, if you can't hang with the cars on the lead lap then get out of the way of cars that can, nobody is saying robby has to roll over and play dead but I bet he don't have alot of friends in the garage area and for all we know maybe NASCAR did say something to him. We can only hope.

Robby needs to race those on the same lap he's on. Nothing more and nothing less. After the leader has already put him a lap down racing the 4th and 5th guy really hard really serves him no purpose. And could be counter productive as he's using up his stuff that he may need to stay in front of someone that matters.

McMurray deserves the award for a bonehead move more than RGordon.

Everybody pretty much stays clear of RGordon knowing he pushes the limit and McMurray showed his impatience trying to squeeze between RGordon and the outside barrier wall.
This is not the first and most likely will not be the last time McMurray makes a bonehead move due to being impatient and making a wrong split-second decision, especially so early in the race.

My vote goes to ESPN/ABC for their rediculous overuse of the in-car camera. Three-wide racing, and we were treated to a closeup of Biffle's hood. Yay.

yay i agree they where 3 wide for the lead and all they kept showing was the bumper cam. Guess they wanted to see the bump and run lol.

Looked like Robby just drove into the corner over his head. Jamie obviously saw that he did that as well. When a guy drives over his head and takes you out you got the right to be pissed.

Looked like Robby just drove into the corner over his head. Jamie obviously saw that he did that as well. When a guy drives over his head and takes you out you got the right to be pissed.

How come it's "driving over his head" when Robby Gordon does this thing.........

..... but any time any other driver does it, it's a "racing incident"?

Robby got loose.

We see that ALL THE TIME with this new car when they've got somebody right beside them.

It happens every race with this new car.

Robby was racing hard. McMurray got impatient and tried to pass high. Because of the car being next to him, Robby's got loose and he had NO WAY of saving it without running into McMurray or otherwise causing a 10 car crash.

It was a racing incident, plain and simple.

Had Robby not been there, McMurray might've had a top-5. Had McMurray not been there, Robby might've saved it and went on.

How come it's "driving over his head" when Robby Gordon does this thing.........

..... but any time any other driver does it, it's a "racing incident"?

Robby got loose.

We see that ALL THE TIME with this new car when they've got somebody right beside them.

It happens every race with this new car.

Robby was racing hard. McMurray got impatient and tried to pass high. Because of the car being next to him, Robby's got loose and he had NO WAY of saving it without running into McMurray or otherwise causing a 10 car crash.

It was a racing incident, plain and simple.

Had Robby not been there, McMurray might've had a top-5. Had McMurray not been there, Robby might've saved it and went on.

I don't know, why don't you tell us. You are guilty, maybe even more so than some, of doing this exact same thing. How many times have you posted about Kyle or Jimmie or numerous others of "running out of talent" when they got loose.

Black-pot.jpg
meet
blackkettlesolo300.jpg

I don't know, why don't you tell us. You are guilty, maybe even more so than some, of doing this exact same thing. How many times have you posted about Kyle or Jimmie or numerous others of "running out of talent" when they got loose.

Black-pot.jpg
meet
blackkettlesolo300.jpg

Hahaha Yeah, I've always defended Robby in the past, but the last two weeks esp., he's made one boneheaded move after the other. He's like a moving chicane ... or he can't pit the proper way in his pit box and holds up a much better driver, a Chase driver. Even after the other CC went over and talked to Robby's CC, he did it AGAIN. Sorry, but if Robby can't race with the top 20, then he ought to get the hell out of the way and stop making a nuisance of himself. Once the leader lapped him, there's no reason for him blocking cars on the lead lap who are behind the leader, esp. when it's not the leader and he's not in danger of losing another lap.

Andy, on the other thread you said you weren't going to watch the race since you only got CBS. Interersting how you're such an expert on the race now. You sit here putting down Nationwide and Cup racing and say you'll go to "real racing" and you're not going to watch. Then you come back and insist on taking up board space ... oh all the spacing is so NOT cute, it's only annoying. Make up your mind. Either you're going to watch or not. FWIW

When you're at least a lap down, not even eligible for the lucky dog and take out a potential top-5 LEAD LAP car that had driven to the front on more than one occasion, while trying to block or at best stay with, you're CLEARLY "driving over your head".

Jamie must have forgotten about last week when HE made a bonehead move and wrecked Busch's chance at the Cup Title.

Robby races everybody hard......he has the right to try and hold his position and actually gets more exposure while the leader is trying to pass

So, while I cant believe myself, I actually have to agree with Andy :eek:

Robby races everybody hard......he has the right to try and hold his position and actually gets more exposure while the leader is trying to pass

So, while I cant believe myself, I actually have to agree with Andy :eek:

Your position is directly related to the cars on the same lap that you currently are on. Cars one or more laps ahead of you have are not a threat to your position...

Your position is directly related to the cars on the same lap that you currently are on. Cars one or more laps ahead of you have are not a threat to your position...
But if he pulls over and lets the leaders go by, he's in the same boat as those others. He DOES GAIN track position in terms of seconds when he fights.

That leads to championship points.

And he's right on the bubble.

I feel for McMurray, I really do, but that's racing.

Now, if Robby did something really dumb going into the corner, he deserves it. From what I saw, he got loose.

The leaders were already gone Jamie was trying to get back to the front.
But still.

Jamie should've expected that. It's typical Robby Gordon.

Robby is 50% of the reason the field freezing at the caution rule was implemented.

Jamie must have forgotten about last week when HE made a bonehead move and wrecked Busch's chance at the Cup Title.

i think the crew member who forgot to check over the heim joint connections took care of that for him. If tim brewer is right and the threaded part was left undone. Ive never heard of one breaking any other way.

If it were the other Gordon, or Jr who hit "Jamie never going to amount to anything McMurray" then all of you would be saying it was "just a racing deal."

But Robby is kinda like Kyle, everyone is always going to hate him...

If it were the other Gordon, or Jr who hit "Jamie never going to amount to anything McMurray" then all of you would be saying it was "just a racing deal."

Nope. I don't hate Robby. I've stuck up for him many times. I admire that he races in so many different types of racing. I just think he's been a pain the last couple of weeks. Now some people will say he's always a pain, but I won't. I like him personally. Sometimes the way he drives makes crazy, but I'll always love when he pitched his helmet. Always makes me laugh.

WNY24Fan has been one of the more objective fans when it comes to discussing J. Gordon. :)

Originally Posted by RCR4Life If it were the other Gordon, or Jr who hit "Jamie never going to amount to anything McMurray" then all of you would be saying it was "just a racing deal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggs5TLfan
WNY24Fan has been one of the more objective fans when it comes to discussing J. Gordon.

Originally Posted by tkj24 We ain't discussing J. Gordon its R Gordon. Big difference there

:confused: :p

ROFL!!! It does get confusing when people just say "Gordon." Listening to Jeff's in-car two weeks ago, he was cracking jokes about them having the same last name after Steve said something to him about, "You California guys." Jeff is considering changing his last name. j/k LOL

Back
Top Bottom