Bonehead of the Race - Martinsville I

Definitely McMurray and his crew chief.

It wasn't just one lap, though- his tire rub lasted a dozen or so laps before his tire blew.

Last edited:
Definitely 1 car crew chief. You could see that coming a mile away.

Kyle Busch for using his car up holding off kez and blaming good year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to go with the 21 team. Even though they are my favorite. From the terrible pit stops, the call to bring Ryan in and lose two laps, Ryan pulling over for Kyle Busch and going 3 laps down and not racing him at all, when a caution came out seconds after. Finally, while Ryan drove as aggressive as I have ever seen him run in cup, and he had a great car to drive, it may have been a little over the edge yesterday. He ticked off a number of drivers and is once again enduring the wrath of Junior Nation. They had a top five car, but didn't finish anywhere near that.

Hard choice between the 1 and 21. Guess I'll go with the 1 crew.

The #1 team for ending their day not even a quarter of the way through the race when they had a very solid car. The #22 team proved you can come back from a two-lap deficit and get a good result with all of the cautions at a place like this.

Corey La...wait he didn't crash yesterday? Definitely the 1 team there was no way that tire was going to make it.

I have to agree about JMc as he would have lost a lap or 2 but Nascar gives back laps like a drunk consumes alcohol so there was nothing to worry about that early in the race. I lost track of all the drivers receiving unearned laps back but I know JLo got 2 and Patrick had 2-3.

I am going to go with the 21 team. Even though they are my favorite. From the terrible pit stops, the call to bring Ryan in and lose two laps, Ryan pulling over for Kyle Busch and going 3 laps down and not racing him at all, when a caution came out seconds after. Finally, while Ryan drove as aggressive as I have ever seen him run in cup, and he had a great car to drive, it may have been a little over the edge yesterday. He ticked off a number of drivers and is once again enduring the wrath of Junior Nation. They had a top five car, but didn't finish anywhere near that.
He drives like that more often than people choose to realize.

hammy .... didnt do it on purpose, but it happened

kbooosh -Laying blame on the Goodyear tires, cause his car was perfect (like every Sunday) so it had to be the tires, or the lug nuts, or the paint, or McDonalds for selling him a tasteless egg mcmuffin, or .........

The #1 team for ending their day not even a quarter of the way through the race when they had a very solid car. The #22 team proved you can come back from a two-lap deficit and get a good result with all of the cautions at a place like this.

Logano got back on the lead lap because of five consecutive cautions. That's a rare thing, even at a short track. Remember that the second stage ran caution free, as did the final stint.

If one or two of those cautions at the start of the third stage hadn't happened, we might be talking about Logano finishing 23rd a lap down.

I understand what Matt McCall was thinking. Don't necessarily agree with it but I understand.

kbooosh -Laying blame on the Goodyear tires, cause his car was perfect (like every Sunday) so it had to be the tires, or the lug nuts, or the paint, or McDonalds for selling him a tasteless egg mcmuffin, or .........
you forgot blaming the 17 for just fighting for his lap

McDonald's is a McMurray sponsor. They sell tasteless McMuffins to everyone except the Ganassi teams. Fortunately, Chip is smart enough to sneak croissants from the BK teams' pits.

My vote goes for the people who were paying attention to the grandstands during the race instead of watching the race for the, you know, race.
You have to be focused in order to count all the legs / divide by 2.

Aw, man, I've been doing it the hard way! I been counting teeth and dividing by 14, except at Talladega when I count toes and divide by 12.

My vote goes for the people who were paying attention to the grandstands during the race instead of watching the race for the, you know, race.
I really should go with this for my BHOTR pick, and coming in second would be the Jamie Mac's team.

He drives like that more often than people choose to realize.
You are entitled to your opinion and considering that most people view him as very patient mild mannered and easy going, I guess your opinion is valid. Since most people see how he normally races and they might easily forget the occasional aggression. One thing I am not sure of is how one chooses to realize though.

I have to agree about JMc as he would have lost a lap or 2 but Nascar gives back laps like a drunk consumes alcohol so there was nothing to worry about that early in the race. I lost track of all the drivers receiving unearned laps back but I know JLo got 2 and Patrick had 2-3.
JJ was lap down at one point. He sucks...:blink:

Bonehead was Kyle. The track was blocked in front of him with lap down cars and he could easily have coasted to the stage win. Nope he had to also pass Stenhouse which cost him the win.

His team mate Henny Damlin was in that group so he didnt want to put him a lap down, but stenhouse's bump was great. there will be more of that for sure. This was the only stage race that had some excitement to it, all the previous stages were uneventful.

Back
Top Bottom