Bonehead of the Race: Phoenix 1

D

Digger

Nominees?

I slept through it. Yesterday was a LOOOOOOOONG day. I'm glad I have Monday off.

kyle couldn't catch Tony let alone mark.

Yeah, I nominate kyle for bonehead of the race.

Second choice would be the crew for jeff Gordon. It took him out of the race.

Waltrip for taking out R. Gordon. Why won't nascar make Waltrip go back to driving school. Almost every race Waltrip ruins someones night by getting too lose and smaking another car that ends up in the wall.

Also, Martin for taking so long to get back to victory lane.

Nemechik, Blaney and Raines, all for leaving the race very early with mysterious problems, like brake problems and rear axle problems. Once again Nemechik proves that he just quaiifies for a pay check, and does not want to run the race.

Waltrip for taking out R. Gordon. Why won't nascar make Waltrip go back to driving school. Almost every race Waltrip ruins someones night by getting too lose and smaking another car that ends up in the wall.

Funny that's how the 18 races to but when he does it it's just a racing incident.

Funny that's how the 18 races to but when he does it it's just a racing incident.

I'm one of the first to put down Kyle for being so reckless, but he's nowhere near as bad as Mikey. It's a joke with almost everyone I know. You need a caution, look for Mikey to cause one. Does he ever make it through a race w/o messing up his car or someone elses? Even he knows he's pretty much at his end and said he'll decide this year with his performance whether he gets off the track and just assumes the role of owner. I think that's what Robby was referring to when he said he couldn't wait until there will be a new driver in the 55.

How about NASCAR and the COT for making another race even more boring than the last? I thought the most entertaining part was on the cool down lap when Junior spun Casey and he came back at him. Now that at least gave me a laugh. :D

How about NASCAR and the COT for making another race even more boring than the last? I thought the most entertaining part was on the cool down lap when Junior spun Casey and he came back at him. Now that at least gave me a laugh. :D

Why do you even watch a race? Yes, the sport has changed but it is what it is! Would you rather go back to the mid seventies when you might get a sixty second clip on the Wide World of sports every other week? And would you like to go back to the old car so we can lose a few more drivers like Sr?

NASCAR must be doing something right as it is now has the second largest viewing audience on television. A bad day at California speedway still doles out more tickets than any stick or ball sport out there on their best day!

Kyle might be agressive but Waltrip just plain can't drive. My friends and I call him "The Black Hole" because whenever something happens with him he usually takes a car or two with him and they come out on the **** end of it most of the time.

Why do you even watch a race? Yes, the sport has changed but it is what it is! Would you rather go back to the mid seventies when you might get a sixty second clip on the Wide World of sports every other week? And would you like to go back to the old car so we can lose a few more drivers like Sr?

NASCAR must be doing something right as it is now has the second largest viewing audience on television. A bad day at California speedway still doles out more tickets than any stick or ball sport out there on their best day!

I watch because I love racing. It's obvious things have changed with the COT and I am not alone in saying something needs to be done to let the drivers be able to pass better and not have to wait until a pit stop to gain spots. There's all kinds of articles about it and they've talked about it on the broadcast. I'd even venture to say "Ask Smoke" what he thinks about it. If he wasn't quoted all over the place, he'd give you a peppered answer, be sure of that. Last night was one of the first races I really felt bored watching. I can usually find something.

NO, I would not want to go back to the days when we lost Big E. I'm all for driver safety, but there has to be something with keeping them safer and letting them handle the cars better. Besides, how much do you think Big E would like these changes? There was controversy when he died that he didn't have all of his belts or whatever connected properly and that's why he died in that particular crash. Maybe none of that was true, but I do know he wasn't a big fan of too many rules. Tony Stewart took a major "ride" in a crash previously which looked way worse than Dale's that day. I wasn't even a huge NASCAR fan at the time, but I felt absolutely terrible about it.

That's why I lost a lot of interest in racing for many years - driver deaths. You obviously don't know me very well.

I watch because I love racing. It's obvious things have changed with the COT and I am not alone in saying something needs to be done to let the drivers be able to pass better and not have to wait until a pit stop to gain spots. There's all kinds of articles about it and they've talked about it on the broadcast. I'd even venture to say "Ask Smoke" what he thinks about it. If he wasn't quoted all over the place, he'd give you a peppered answer, be sure of that. Last night was one of the first races I really felt bored watching. I can usually find something.

NO, I would not want to go back to the days when we lost Big E. I'm all for driver safety, but there has to be something with keeping them safer and letting them handle the cars better. Besides, how much do you think Big E would like these changes? There was controversy when he died that he didn't have all of his belts or whatever connected properly and that's why he died in that particular crash. Maybe none of that was true, but I do know he wasn't a big fan of too many rules. Tony Stewart took a major "ride" in a crash previously which looked way worse than Dale's that day. I wasn't even a huge NASCAR fan at the time, but I felt absolutely terrible about it.

That's why I lost a lot of interest in racing for many years - driver deaths. You obviously don't know me very well.

No, I don't know you at all. I just read your posts and to me it is quite obvious that you do not care for NASCAR and the COT. And actually, it isn't the "COT", it is the CON (car of now). It is what it is!

This is the first year that the CON has been implemented for all of the races. Every team is trying to R and D it at the same time. By the end of this year the big four will have it figured out. Maybe sooner! That will trickle down to the rest of the teams soon after.

I did not count yesterday as the race was running but I would be willing to bet the lead swapped hands ten times on track and another hand full because of pit strategy. Pit strategy has been coming into play for many years. Some of the beter crew chiefs have it down to a fine science. Good for them.

I am not trying to argue with you. We just have different opinions from where I see it.

No, I don't know you at all. I just read your posts and to me it is quite obvious that you do not care for NASCAR and the COT. And actually, it isn't the "COT", it is the CON (car of now). It is what it is!

This is the first year that the CON has been implemented for all of the races. Every team is trying to R and D it at the same time. By the end of this year the big four will have it figured out. Maybe sooner! That will trickle down to the rest of the teams soon after.

I did not count yesterday as the race was running but I would be willing to bet the lead swapped hands ten times on track and another hand full because of pit strategy. Pit strategy has been coming into play for many years. Some of the beter crew chiefs have it down to a fine science. Good for them.

I am not trying to argue with you. We just have different opinions from where I see it.

Actually it still is the COT = Car Of Today

The problems of the leader making the race boring isn't because of the COT. Aeropush was evident before they went to the COT.

There's nothing wrong with carping about what is happening at the track. We've all be doing that all along. We all have our own ideas of what we love about racing and how it should be played out. Some hate restrictor plate racing, but as far as I'm concerned, there is more excitment in one lap of Daytona or Taladega than twenty laps elsewhere. Some don't like the COT for some reason, but it's clear that it is a much safer car than any before it. I think it's human nature to resist change, and NASCAR changes much more frequent than any other sport.

me....... for forgettin the race was on...... lol. It sucks gettin old.:eek:

Like Stewart and several others said before. All the safety features like the foam in the doors and moving the driver over, or making the halo a little bit bigger could have been accopmlished with the old wedge style car. The shape was purely an effort to make better racing and it hasnt happened yet. They made a heavy low slung car into a heavy car with a high center of gravity that is a pain in the ass to set up and all of the setup restrictions that NASCAR imposes just makes it more difficult. The old cars werent as big of death traps as NASCAR made it sound. Alot was learned after Sr obviously and everybody was able to adapt. The old cars didn't need to be changed at all NASCAR just needed a marketing gimmick.

Look at patrick sheltra in the daytona arca race. All of those chassis are old cup cars and he took a full on driver side impact at speed. He did spend a couple days in the hospital but think about the cars built 7 or 8 years ago would he have been that lucky. The cars that were scraped were very good cars.

I LOVE NASCAR racing! I can't wait for the weekend. I can't wait for Fridays to watch practice and qualifying. I feel lost when there's no race on during a weekend and during the off-season. NASCAR the organization has some problems. Nothing wrong with discussing what we wish would be better or where we think they went in the wrong direction. When I saw the huge gaps Saturday night between the first or first and 2nd drivers, then a few more running together, then all the rest, it was obvious it wasn't very competitive on the track. The leader were getting into lapped traffic in what seemed like a fairly short time. That's what I thought was boring.

Yes the COT was run all of last year and it is the CAR of TODAY!

The problems of the leader making the race boring isn't because of the COT. Aeropush was evident before they went to the COT.

There's nothing wrong with carping about what is happening at the track. We've all be doing that all along. We all have our own ideas of what we love about racing and how it should be played out. Some hate restrictor plate racing, but as far as I'm concerned, there is more excitment in one lap of Daytona or Taladega than twenty laps elsewhere. Some don't like the COT for some reason, but it's clear that it is a much safer car than any before it. I think it's human nature to resist change, and NASCAR changes much more frequent than any other sport.

I'm with you Buck. I love restrictor plate racing, too! Very exciting!

I'm with you Buck. I love restrictor plate racing, too! Very exciting!
But Yorkie, there are those that will rail and rail about plate racing. In my humble opinion, the reason is because their driver didn't/doesn't win. Fer cryin' out loud, my driver seldom wins at those tracks, but it doesn't take away from the excitement.

Back
Top Bottom