• Lil'E

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Vickers

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • FOX

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Totally disagree. Jr has a reputation for being honest with his comments. Probably more so than most drivers.

Totally disagree. Jr has a reputation for being honest with his comments. Probably more so than most drivers.

Muggle, I'll agree with you on that. :eek: But seriously, it seems to me that emotions play more of a part on who's to blame for anything than anything else. I can tell you for 100% sure that anyone who "hates" Jr. will say that it was his fault, totally. On the other hand, those huge Jr. fans might well say that it wasn't his fault and that Vickers pretty much caused it by blocking. We've all understood that NASCAR has it's favorites and DE the senior certainly was probably the biggest favorite. We have witnessed what has been called the Stewart Rule that allowed Tony into the Bud Shootout, and quite possibly, Dale Jr. is also a favorite of NASCAR and that could be why they didn't see it the way so many others did and didn't penalize him. But they did penalize him earlier in the race so to say they would never penalize him was proven false that race.

The way I see it is the way Jjr. described it, but that's me. As far as I'm concerned, the real culprit is blocking but that's been part of the sport for many years. If there had been a wall down there, either Jr. would have punted Brian, or it would have acordianed back and either way, it would have been a big wreck.

No question from me that Jr shares some of the blame, but not all of it. I blame Vickers equally.

Also, no defense from me that Jr had a day that he would probably like to forget.

I'm thinking I used the wrong word earlier. "Lied" is a very strong accusation. The way I see it is that Jr. has always blamed someone or something else as to why he didn't do well at a race. The pit crew, the car, the weather, etc. Doesn't necessarily "lie" but doesn't necessarily tell it all either. However, if he did turn back into Vickers interntionally, I don't for one minute believe he would have said so. His comment about trying to regain control of the car being the reason he clipped Vickers does not ring true for me. I think after his second mistake on pit road he was trying desparately to redeem himself and was not focusing on the entire picture. Even the announcers were saying that he was wrong, that he should have blended back into traffic, that what he did was illegal. And as far as favorites..oh absolultely! One thing you can count on after a race...the media will talk to the top 5 finishers and Jr.....everytime!

I have to say that I have never been an Earnhart fan. Neither Jr. or Sr. But I am sick and tired of all the hoopla that seems to surround Jr. He is a decent driver, but no where near the best on the field. I could easily name 10-15 drivers who have PROVEN themselves to be better than he is. There is nothing more nauseating than listening to a bunch of JR. fans yell and scream when he takes the lead in a race...like he has a snowballs chance in July of winning it. I thought it a mistake for him to go to Hendricks. He is not the same caliber driver as Johnson or Gordon and is overshadowed by their successes. As for the Daytona 500....in all honesty I can't say that the crash was 100% his fault. However, I can't say that is was all Vickers either. So many people want to compare Jr. to Sr. and he is nothing like his father. This was evident in the post race interview. Sr. would have been up front and honest about what he did (he always was) and Jr. seems to like to blame everyone else. He went so far as the blame NASCAR about the ruling in the pits that put him a lap down. He needs to be a man, take his lumps for his errors and be honest enough take responsibility for his actions.

I'm thinking I used the wrong word earlier. "Lied" is a very strong accusation. The way I see it is that Jr. has always blamed someone or something else as to why he didn't do well at a race. The pit crew, the car, the weather, etc. Doesn't necessarily "lie" but doesn't necessarily tell it all either. However, if he did turn back into Vickers interntionally, I don't for one minute believe he would have said so. His comment about trying to regain control of the car being the reason he clipped Vickers does not ring true for me. I think after his second mistake on pit road he was trying desparately to redeem himself and was not focusing on the entire picture. Even the announcers were saying that he was wrong, that he should have blended back into traffic, that what he did was illegal. And as far as favorites..oh absolultely! One thing you can count on after a race...the media will talk to the top 5 finishers and Jr.....everytime!

APAnilDayal_heart460.jpg

:D

All drivers tend to bend the truth as to how they see it. Whether Junior intended to turn Vickers, that's debatable. But he is the one in control of his own car. He could have easily backed off and not gotten into Vickers. But he chose not to and that part of it is his fault. Vickers was blocking, but it's up to the other driver to decide to back off or keep his foot into and move that guy out of the way. Junior chose to do the latter of the two.

ok, I'm in the minority...... but the way I see it, don't walk into a bar, and slap the biker on the stool, then fuss cause ya got a busted lip.....lol.
Vickers should have known better. I can tell ya one thing, if the car had been black, with a 3 instead of an 8...... he never woulda went down there, and if he did, he would have been lookin at Lake Loyd by the time he got a lane and half down....
Plain and simple, this blockin and runnin guys to the line like its nothin aint right, and its gonna get somebody hurt. the old rule ( that NASCAR claims never was) if you are forced below the line and pass, its ok, would help....... but then still its a judgement call.....
I don't think JR did it on purpose, if he had have, I think Vickers woulda went thru the infield instead of back on the track..... but I will say this, next time I bet Vickers thinks before divin......

I'm thinking the yellow line rule sould only be in the corners- let the superstretch be a 10 wide free for all.

The reason my husband and I are not Junior fans is because we get sick to death of having him shoved down our throats by all of the people on TV. It makes us gag. One of these days one of us is going to roll our eyes right out of our head. ROFL :D He's obviously the favorite by NASCAR because he brings them the biggest bucks and we know how they love their $$$$$$!!!!! My husband always says very sarcastically, "Oh, Junior can do NO WRONG." :rolleyes: Blech!

ok, I'm in the minority...... but the way I see it, don't walk into a bar, and slap the biker on the stool, then fuss cause ya got a busted lip.....lol.
Vickers should have known better. I can tell ya one thing, if the car had been black, with a 3 instead of an 8...... he never woulda went down there, and if he did, he would have been lookin at Lake Loyd by the time he got a lane and half down....
Plain and simple, this blockin and runnin guys to the line like its nothin aint right, and its gonna get somebody hurt. the old rule ( that NASCAR claims never was) if you are forced below the line and pass, its ok, would help....... but then still its a judgement call.....
I don't think JR did it on purpose, if he had have, I think Vickers woulda went thru the infield instead of back on the track..... but I will say this, next time I bet Vickers thinks before divin......

Totally agree!

The reason my husband and I are not Junior fans is because we get sick to death of having him shoved down our throats by all of the people on TV. It makes us gag. One of these days one of us is going to roll our eyes right out of our head. ROFL :D He's obviously the favorite by NASCAR because he brings them the biggest bucks and we know how they love their $$$$$$!!!!! My husband always says very sarcastically, "Oh, Junior can do NO WRONG." :rolleyes: Blech!

This is also true to an extent, i do believe that Jr does not like this very much, because if you know Jr at all he is a very stand up type of guy. Nascar just loves to make $$$ off him though, which eventually will bite them in the arse.

This is not pointed at you but your post was just on this page and I was too lazy to look for a better one.

Why is it all these folks are running their yaps about what Vickers did but when Lil'E has done the exact same thing and worse in the past not one word. We all remember when he was swerving all over the track to keep everyone behind him. But let Vickers do it to him and there's tears enough to drown us.

This is not pointed at you but your post was just on this page and I was too lazy to look for a better one.

Why is it all these folks are running their yaps about what Vickers did but when Lil'E has done the exact same thing and worse in the past not one word. We all remember when he was swerving all over the track to keep everyone behind him. But let Vickers do it to him and there's tears enough to drown us.

BP, you all ready now the answer to that. :rolleyes:

I have been rethinking my vote

I voted for lilE.. But after a few hours of thinking about the happening.. I have reconsidered and NOW I would vote for Vickers. Just what did he expect a hothead like LilE to do to him when he closed that door so abruptly?
More and more I'm thinking he got his just deserves. Blocking ain't racing.. And blocking a guy with that much more speed than you have would cause just what happened..whether accidentally or not.
Betsy:rolleyes:

I voted for lilE.. But after a few hours of thinking about the happening.. I have reconsidered and NOW I would vote for Vickers. Just what did he expect a hothead like LilE to do to him when he closed that door so abruptly?
More and more I'm thinking he got his just deserves. Blocking ain't racing.. And blocking a guy with that much more speed than you have would cause just what happened..whether accidentally or not.
Betsy:rolleyes:
Geez, I happen to agree.

I don't like blocking no matter who the blocker is.

Sorry, this isn't IndyCar Series racing. Blocking is racing.

And so is a faster car knocking the blocker out of the way. He couldn't have hit him if he couldn't have caught him And he couldn't have caught him if he hadn't been faster. You said it, this ain't Indy Car racing, stock car racing is a contact sport and always has been.

And so is a faster car knocking the blocker out of the way. He couldn't have hit him if he couldn't have caught him And he couldn't have caught him if he hadn't been faster. You said it, this ain't Indy Car racing, stock car racing is a contact sport and always has been.
Said PERFECTLY.

true enough that nascar has always been a contact sport but people also are expected to use their head when banging around out there. this was at the front of the pack at daytona...duh. i like jr but this was just plain stupid on both vickers and jr's part. jr has to take most of the blame though because he could have backed off a little to avoid hitting vickers and taking out others.

true enough that nascar has always been a contact sport but people also are expected to use their head when banging around out there. this was at the front of the pack at daytona...duh. i like jr but this was just plain stupid on both vickers and jr's part. jr has to take most of the blame though because he could have backed off a little to avoid hitting vickers and taking out others.

:beerbang:

So Jr backs off and gets hit from behind triggering a "big one"? Vickers knew what he was doing, he's done it before.

IMHO rubbing is racing not blocking. I'm very surprised there weren't more incidents with all the blocking going on. How the 18 didn't get turned with all the blocks he threw is amazing.

This wouldn't be such a hot topic if it had been Biffle, Gordon, Johnson, Kennseth, Stewart or any other driver other than Jr involved.

well, as for me, I will tell ya why I say what I said.... First of all, make no mistake, I am NOT a JR fan, nor was I a Sr fan...... in fact I really detested big E.....
The thing of it, this all came to a head for me enyways during the last couple of restrictor plate races...... It is more and more common to ride the middle line, and when someone looks low, run 'em to the dirt, and they have to back off. That ain't racin. And NASCAR tryin to regulate like CART or somethin makes it even worse. ( I still say Stewart didn't Talladega last year, that was a bad call.) NASCAR is handicapped the drivers with the plates, now further handicapped them by makin it ok to run guys to the dirt to keep 'em behind you.
On top of that Vickers didn't help his cause by whinnin about a driver turnin someone in front of the field....... um, hello Kettle, I'm the pot....... check out my trophy.
Personally I wouldn't have cared if it had been Reed Sorenson turnin Elliott sadler. The players are unimportant, it is the fact that drivers are gettin fed up with it.........

Oh I agree with your sentiments. The out of bounds line has done more to harm the race than what it was supposed to help. Its just that if this had been Sorenson and Sadler this thread would hardly exist much less to the number of pages it has grown. TV and talk radio and print wouldn't be obsessed with it either. But, because it was Nascar's Golden Boy its what people want to go on about.

well, as for me, I will tell ya why I say what I said.... First of all, make no mistake, I am NOT a JR fan, nor was I a Sr fan...... in fact I really detested big E.....
The thing of it, this all came to a head for me enyways during the last couple of restrictor plate races...... It is more and more common to ride the middle line, and when someone looks low, run 'em to the dirt, and they have to back off. That ain't racin. And NASCAR tryin to regulate like CART or somethin makes it even worse. ( I still say Stewart didn't Talladega last year, that was a bad call.) NASCAR is handicapped the drivers with the plates, now further handicapped them by makin it ok to run guys to the dirt to keep 'em behind you.
On top of that Vickers didn't help his cause by whinnin about a driver turnin someone in front of the field....... um, hello Kettle, I'm the pot....... check out my trophy.
Personally I wouldn't have cared if it had been Reed Sorenson turnin Elliott sadler. The players are unimportant, it is the fact that drivers are gettin fed up with it.........

Exactly, good point, but Nascar has all the control so where do the drivers go from this point?

Back
Top Bottom