Bonehead of the week: Atlanta II/Mid-Ohio

John Hunter Nemechek in the ARCA race. Was a bull in a China shop after losing the lead, and got spun twice in retaliation and acted like he was in the right.

Sure pick Ross, but where was the vitriol against anyone else who bumped into someone and created a wreck? Christopher Bell (I think it was Bell who hooked Hamlin)? WHY DIDN‘T YOU LIFT CHRIS? Nobody said that….

Ross is the new Matty D. The "cry me a river" jig only works a few years before people need to actually see results.

This is coming from one of the 100k who cheered Matty D so hard in his post race interview at Bristol in 2019 he stopped his interview.

Anyone have anybody other than Ross Chastain?
Yes... the Bonehead Of The Century (So Far) is Marcus F***in' Smith for building this racetrack. All the other complaints mentioned flow from SMI's crime against the SPORT of NASCAR. Instead of the wide multi-groove track that's always produced excellent racing, instead we get more plate race crashfests? Not a style of racing I appreciate.

I can understand the appeal of the intensity that plate racing manufactures, but to me it's not a legitimate sporting endeavor. I much prefer the intensity we saw yesterday at Mid-Ohio in the truck race, or last week in that great cup race at Road America, or the 600 at Charlotte, or really any of the 1.5ers this entire year.

Also, I realize Chase Elliott does not have a monopoly on too-late blocks that wreck guys coming on by, but his second block on the 7 was too late to be considered clean driving. His first block on the low side was timely, but in my opinion his second block on the high side was not. I felt like his weak attempt to justify it in his post-race interview was not persuasive. I don't think he believes it, himself.

Sure pick Ross, but where was the vitriol against anyone else who bumped into someone and created a wreck? Christopher Bell (I think it was Bell who hooked Hamlin)? WHY DIDN‘T YOU LIFT CHRIS? Nobody said that….
Didn’t Ross wreck Truex too? And how many had Bell wrecked prior to today? See the issue there?

When someone checks up in front of you sh*t happens and Truex checked up in a bad place because he was loose. I think the Hamlin deal was simple, Ross got in to hot and pushed up, at least that is what I saw having replayed it 15 times to be sure. But the haters are gonna hate.

The NBC crew need STFU! once in a while GEEEEZZZZ!

Nascars 570HP package and extra tall spoiler suck.

I'm not defending Chastain's driving, but the very first contact between the #1 car and the #11 car, was Hamlin getting into Chastain's rear quarter, for no reason but to deliberately hit him.

NBC crew for schooling everybody in MSM 101, how they can steer the narrative and create division,ie; all the hatin' on Chase, and Chase had nothing to do with it.

NBC crew for schooling everybody in MSM 101, how they can steer the narrative and create division,ie; all the hatin' on Chase, and Chase had nothing to do with it.

Honestly, for me, it's Chase Elliott fans being ignorant.

I don't know how many times I've had to say that I'm criticizing NBC/USA, not Chase, and they either can't get that through their heads or don't care because they loved the whole infomercial that aired during Sunday's Dawsonville Pool Room 400.

I don't know how many times I've had to say that I'm criticizing NBC/USA, not Chase, and they either can't get that through their heads or don't care because they loved the whole infomercial that aired during Sunday's Dawsonville Pool Room 400.
It's how I felt about Kyle Busch. Remember TheGeneral123? That dude made me loath Kyle Busch to the point that I forgot ol KB gives me some of the best belly laughs you'll see in the sport.

Chase is a bro, and for lack of a better term, represents the modern day millennial. But his fanbase makes up a chunk of fans who just cling onto the most popular guy, fans who like arguing, and also good ordinary fans.

NBC shoving it down our throat like they did was insufferable, and the fans complaining about haters hating for that is equally as frustrating.

But I also believe that a good portion of it has to do with the PEOPLE involved in NBCs broadcast. I can't help but feel as though I'd be much less annoyed if it was Alan Bestwick calling the pro Chase playbyplay with support from Benny and Wally it would be much more tolerable.

Rick Allen's WWE deep voice, along with the contrasting gerbil voices and the massive focus on "storyline" is just such an issue for me.

I've said this a few weeks in a row now. My fiance is an EXTREMELY casual fan. So she's not in the know when it comes to hating on the broadcast and critiquing the broadcast. However, she routinely is mocking their voices, and stopped what she's doing to look at me, shake her head and laugh.

NBC's broadcast style is going to continue to make the sport look like a joke and will never be good enough to attract and keep fans. It's a reality show, it's not sports broadcasting

It's downright embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought the previous Ross apologies, but not this time. Ross raced like an absolute ass and deserves to get his ass kicked for it. Ross is the bonehead this week.

I didn't see the ARCA race at all, so I don't know what happened with JHN.

It's how I felt about Kyle Busch. Remember TheGeneral123? That dude made me loath Kyle Busch to the point that I forgot ol KB gives me some of the best belly laughs you'll see in the sport.

Chase is a bro, and for lack of a better term, represents the modern day millennial. But his fanbase makes up a chunk of fans who just cling onto the most popular guy, fans who like arguing, and also good ordinary fans.

NBC shoving it down our throat like they did was insufferable, and the fans complaining about haters hating for that is equally as frustrating.

But I also believe that a good portion of it has to do with the PEOPLE involved in NBCs broadcast. I can't help but feel as though I'd be much less annoyed if it was Alan Bestwick calling the pro Chase playbyplay with support from Benny and Wally it would be much more tolerable.

Rick Allen's WWE deep voice, along with the contrasting gerbil voices and the massive focus on "storyline" is just such an issue for me.

I've said this a few weeks in a row now. My fiance is an EXTREMELY casual fan. So she's not in the know when it comes to hating on the broadcast and critiquing the broadcast. However, she routinely is mocking their voices, and stopped what she's doing to look at me, shake her head and laugh.

NBC's broadcast style is going to continue to make the sport look like a joke and will never be good enough to attract and keep fans. It's a reality show, it's not sports broadcasting

It's downright embarrassing.

I like Chase, and I like NBC's coverage most weeks. That was just excessive.

All around, that was a bad look for the sport.

They also spent some time discussing how it was the best race of the year. That was bad too

Listened to the yap every Fox race about how great NBC's coverage was, the so superior to Fox troll.

They also spent some time discussing how it was the best race of the year. That was bad too

I was legitimately miserable watching that race.

I hate pack racing so damn much. This ain't racing. It's just running wide open and just trying to survive until the last lap. And now we have six of these gd ****shows.

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom