Bonehead of the Week : Atlanta

Yep thats why Kyle won one this year, good old hard drivin got it done

I think that there were a couple of other factors in that win as well but he did win and that's all that really matters

Kyle Busch for sure. He always reminds me of “Wile E. Coyote” of the old “Roadrunner” cartoons the way he behaves on the track. “Stupid” keeps coming up with a plan that he thinks is a good plan and he ends up with a boulder falling on his head, getting drilled by a railroad train, having firecrackers go off in his face etc. instead.

I didn't see what Denny did and can't find a replay yet, so I'll withhold judgment on him for now.

I'll give an honorable (or dishonorable?) mention to Paul Menard for causing that massive wreck on the second to last restart, but for the second week in a row, I have to side with most of y'all and give the Bonehead of the Week award to my avatar, ol' Sunshine himself. His decision to intentionally wreck Truex at the end of that race was nothing short of boneheaded, and had he not done that, the Menard crash would never have happened. His stupid decision created two stupid situations and almost robbed Kasey Kahne of a win, so he earned this award with flying colors IMO.

I dunno what's gotten into that dude lately.

I didn't see what Denny did and can't find a replay yet, so I'll withhold judgment on him for now.it

I'll give an honorable (or dishonorable?) mention to Paul Menard for causing that massive wreck on the second to last restart, but for the second week in a row, I have to side with most of y'all and give the Bonehead of the Week award to my avatar, ol' Sunshine himself. His decision to intentionally wreck Truex at the end of that race was nothing short of boneheaded, and had he not done that, the Menard crash would never have happened. His stupid decision created two stupid situations and almost robbed Kasey Kahne of a win, so he earned this award with flying colors IMO.

Lately????

Kyle Busch, definitely.

I didn't see what Denny did and can't find a replay yet, so I'll withhold judgment on him for now.

Chase time is coming; this is usually when he unravels.

since kybu has won so many of these bonehead awards already.......
this week's should go ta # 4 team .....for pickin #1 asphalt pit stall !
vs #2 concrete one !

In my opinion it's always been there Mr.G. Joe and JD have tried to hold him on a short leash since the massive Hornaday meltdown but it seems like he's pulled and strained at that leash so much that it's finally frayed through.

since kybu has won so many of these bonehead awards already.......
this week's should go ta # 4 team .....for pickin #1 asphalt pit stall !
vs #2 concrete one !
Nah. Kybu in my book deserves it. He seems to want all of the trophy's he can get,the minor leagues mostly, so he gets this one too. :D

Lately????
In my opinion it's always been there Mr.G. Joe and JD have tried to hold him on a short leash since the massive Hornaday meltdown but it seems like he's pulled and strained at that leash so much that it's finally frayed through.
LOL. Perhaps my memory has failed me, but I feel like he had been a good boy this year until last week at Bristol.

LOL. Perhaps my memory has failed me, but I feel like he had been a good boy this year until last week at Bristol.

I know the lately line was just too fun to pass. I agree he has flipped out more than usual over the last few weeks.But his whole career has been very Assholic and it is no longer a novelty or funny.

We are nearing the point to were he can only be purified by an Old Testament stoning.

Kyle, the deal with Truex there at the end, what the h3ll was that about...?

I'm going with Kyle Busch.. Again.

Not only did he kill one competitors car, he killed another's and damn near costed a very deserving winner a victory.

Also, if you look at the Truex squabble, you'll see that he damn near did to Martin, what he did to Hornaday a few years ago. What a ****wad.

Never seen a melt down season quite this bad from him. What the hell does Mrs. Busch think of all this? I really am interested ;)

For me it has to be a toss up between Menard ...yeah u spun your tires... but then you go up the track to block the 4 tire guys too?.. and Joeys crew.. that final stop when they didnt get all the fuel in... cost him a shot at the win... but also... why didnt they stay once the yellow flew and fill it up? They had the time...

HM for the psycho twins LOL

For me it has to be a toss up between Menard ...yeah u spun your tires... but then you go up the track to block the 4 tire guys too?.. and Joeys crew.. that final stop when they didnt get all the fuel in... cost him a shot at the win... but also... why didnt they stay once the yellow flew and fill it up? They had the time...

HM for the psycho twins LOL

Joey because of the pit screw up, was trying to make a run outside and got into Harvick. Everybody and their little dog knew Menard only got two, so Harvick and Joey saw the blood in the water. Problem was they were going for the same spot. Both of the Gibbsmobiles up front were on two I believe, and if there wasn't the pileup, they were sitting ducks. Kasey drove by them like they were sitting still when they did restart, and Harv and Joey would have done the same. Came out ok from my standpoint, they didn't steal a win.

Joey because of the pit screw up, was trying to make a run outside and got into Harvick. Everybody and their little dog knew Menard only got two, so Harvick and Joey saw the blood in the water. Problem was they were going for the same spot. Both of the Gibbsmobiles up front were on two I believe, and if there wasn't the pileup, they were sitting ducks. Kasey drove by them like they were sitting still when they did restart, and Harv and Joey would have done the same. Came out ok from my standpoint, they didn't steal a win.
Yeah.. Menard for some reason came up into Harvick even though he should have known he didnt stand a chance.. 3 cars.. two spots to fill.. doesnt work... but Im talking about when Joey pitted under green from 2nd and the caution flew.. the gas man didnt get all the fuel in and they had to come back down with the leaders and restarted 6th... had they filled it he would have restarted 1st and had a chance to win. I dont think Kasey could have got by him if it happened like that. He would have been ahead of Kenseth and Menard with 4 tires. I just dont get why they didnt wait on the fuel once the yellow flew.

Yeah.. Menard for some reason came up into Harvick even though he should have known he didnt stand a chance.. 3 cars.. two spots to fill.. doesnt work... but Im talking about when Joey pitted under green from 2nd and the caution flew.. the gas man didnt get all the fuel in and they had to come back down with the leaders and restarted 6th... had they filled it he would have restarted 1st and had a chance to win. I dont think Kasey could have got by him if it happened like that. He would have been ahead of Kenseth and Menard with 4 tires. I just dont get why they didnt wait on the fuel once the yellow flew.

They showed on the replay that the fuel can/fueler screwed up. He went on the jack drop.

"The Harvs" team has to be in top contention this week. Kyle Boo-Boo is running neck and neck IMHO.

Menards move is what any of us would do with 2 to go starting second, what do we want drivers to just move over?

They showed on the replay that the fuel can/fueler screwed up. He went on the jack drop.
Absolutely... Im just saying had Todd Gordon noticed this and said to wait, they could have fueled it up and not lost anything... although this all happens within about 2 seconds so I get it... but hindsight is 20/20 right? Like I said... oh well... on to Richmond.

Absolutely... Im just saying had Todd Gordon noticed this and said to wait, they could have fueled it up and not lost anything... although this all happens within about 2 seconds so I get it... but hindsight is 20/20 right? Like I said... oh well... on to Richmond.
I didn't see the fuel man hollering either, or the jack man catching it, on and on. As fast as they go, it all has to work. Gordon was looking up the way seeing what was coming.

I didn't see the fuel man hollering either, or the jack man catching it, on and on. As fast as they go, it all has to work. Gordon was looking up the way seeing what was coming.
Yup.. pretty much... it sucks but it is what it is... I can imagine its hard to make a call like that so quick.

No doubt they blew the money stop, but he has had his share of good luck this season IMO. I wonder if he thumbs his nose up every time he drives by the Gibbs pits and sees Joe and J.D. with tears in their eyes.:biggrin:

No doubt they blew the money stop, but he has had his share of good luck this season IMO. I wonder if he thumbs his nose up every time he drives by the Gibbs pits and sees Joe and J.D. with tears in their eyes.:biggrin:
Lol I hear ya... thats most likely why I'm not too upset about it. The real season starts in another week. After that they need to eliminate these mistakes or they themselves will be the ones eliminated.

Kyle is a spoiled hard head. Nothing short of a body cast will get his attention. If Gibbs continues to enable him, he is no better.

Kyle's antics make the sport all that much more fun to watch. You never know what to expect next.

Kyle Busch for sure. He always reminds me of “Wile E. Coyote” of the old “Roadrunner” cartoons the way he behaves on the track. “Stupid” keeps coming up with a plan that he thinks is a good plan and he ends up with a boulder falling on his head, getting drilled by a railroad train, having firecrackers go off in his face etc. instead.

lol Great analogy. Maybe he'll order his next CC thru the Acme supply co.

Kyle's antics make the sport all that much more fun to watch. You never know what to expect next.

Yep, and Wile E. Coyote was the REAL star of the Roadrunner series, NOT that bleeping bird.

Back
Top Bottom