Bonehead of the week: Atlanta

MRM

Team Owner
Some interesting candidate for this week's Bonehead of the Week. There is Atlanta Motor Speedway for not having SAFER barriers everywhere a car can make contact with the walls at speed. There is NASCAR for moving the Atlanta race to the second race of the season when the weather typically sucks. Also, the teams that couldn't pass tech and missed being able to qualify. But my candidate is the guys that stole the #44 car inside the truck and trailer they took.

The speedway gets my vote for the second week in a row, also the expert that decided where to end the safer barrier on the inside wall

Reactions: Lin
NASCAR for a plethora of reasons. Also Hamlin and the combination of Biff/Nemechek for taking out a grip load of cars.

NASCAR for a plethora of reasons. Also Hamlin and the combination of Biff/Nemechek for taking out a grip load of cars.

I hated to see the 11 car take out so many others but my biggest regret was that Danica wasn't behind him when it happened

I'll give it to the ever 'loving' NASCAR fans two weeks in a row.

NASCAR for the cluster f#@% they call qualifying

speedway. I was legit scared we would not see the window net come down on the 24 after that wreck

Gq01Wcw.jpeg

Changing my pick to Alan Guf, bought the wrong car to Atlanta

The teams who keep messing up qualifying and then blame NASCAR for their issues.

speedway. I was legit scared we would not see the window net come down on the 24 after that wreck
I agree... Gordon hit that wall a ton! It did take a long time for him to drop the net... I imagine he was waitin' til his eyeballs stopped bouncin' around. Fortunately, it appeared Gordon's car had some lateral movement upon impact, unlike Busch's straight in shot.

1] Nascar over SAFER barrier issues
2]Nascar over inspection procedures
3] Hambone over being hambone,,what car took the air off his causing him to loose it?

What'd I win? :)

Yep, it was at an angle thankfully
The angle isn't the issue, but rather momentum. In Kyle's crash, all the momentum carried him forward into the wall. In Jeff's crash, most of his momentum was parallel to the track surface and the perpendicular hit to the wall was minimized because of it. Think of it this way...imagine you have a 1:64 diecast car in your hand. In Kyle's crash, take that car and slam it head-on into a wall. In Jeff's crash, turn the car sideways and continue moving it forward while hitting a wall to your left.

I guess Nascar is allergic to tire barriers. Everybody else uses them. I guess they like the look of bare white concrete. Recycle Nascar, or require safer barriers everywhere.

When 1/3 of the race teams have problems passing tech, and run out of time getting through tech and can't qualify, there's a problem. If it was one or two, sure, I'd wonder about those teams, but 13? NASCAR and their changes just keep getting worse and worse.

I'm going to say Brett Moffit. Because his eighth place run Sunday will allow him to be our bonehead many many times in the future.

Snotty rich Des Moines suburban kid.

Brett Moffit? He has to be good if Harvick didn't like him. The Harvick seal of approval.

When 1/3 of the race teams have problems passing tech, and run out of time getting through tech and can't qualify, there's a problem. If it was one or two, sure, I'd wonder about those teams, but 13? NASCAR and their changes just keep getting worse and worse.

You know Nascar is great and has never made a mistake in their entire history. Just ask some on here....

Yes... .at an angle and I don't think with as much force. But it still could have ended badly. The car still hit on the driver's side.

Leave it to poor old Jeff to find a hard wall, Im glad Jeff is ok and hope they just fix the doggone walls

Back
Top Bottom