• Montoya's Spotter

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Chase Austin

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • ESPN

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
hArvick in the nationwide race!

The 99 was stuck! Could not move up so was he to go low and pull off the track and let harvick go?

Who ever with the 42 that said "keep diggin" when he had a flat!

The 99 was stuck! Could not move up so was he to go low and pull off the track and let harvick go?

Yes. One or two laps, maybe. But when the leader's stuck behind two backmarkers for that long, he's got every right (IMO) to use a bumper to get him out of the way.

That's high on my list. Terrible move.

The 42's crew chief has to be up there.

And also the guy on Stewart's crew that was told numerous times to plug the new radio into Tony's helmet, didn't do it, and cost him another lap to cost him a chance of getting back on the lead lap. Grubb was peeved at him.

I'd say its between the jack man and rear gun man on the #48 team - whichever one was responsible for taking Johnson out of the race.

I think Harvick should get the high five of the race for moving two mediocre lames out of the way and getting by unscathed.

Nice poll Andy. Not bias about a rookie taking out Shrub, now are we?

Actually, this is the first week in a long time that I'd say there was no clear bonehead. Chase Austin had a tire go down exiting a turn, so you can't fault him for that. Just bad luck for Shrub.

I think I'd have to go with the entire #14 team. Granted, they're already locked into the Chase, but they proved that Murphy's Law was in full-effect for them. They had a lot of problems with the car, and the crew didn't help at all.

I'm giving it to the 48 over the wall guys, I wasn't home so I didn't get to hear what Chad had to say on the scanner I'm sure I couldn't repeat it here :eek:

Actually, this is the first week in a long time that I'd say there was no clear bonehead. Chase Austin had a tire go down exiting a turn, so you can't fault him for that. Just bad luck for Shrub.

I think I'd have to go with the entire #14 team. Granted, they're already locked into the Chase, but they proved that Murphy's Law was in full-effect for them. They had a lot of problems with the car, and the crew didn't help at all.
you don't cut across the path of other cars. You hold your line while they pass, THEN duck down to the apron.

If the left front blew and on that banking it might be pretty hard to hold it up there.IMO

I don't buy Chase Austins story for a second. Total bull**** excuse regardless of who was taken out. Even if it happened in mid pack to another nobody, I would feel the same.

I don't buy Chase Austins story for a second. Total bull**** excuse regardless of who was taken out. Even if it happened in mid pack to another nobody, I would feel the same.

I'm the same way with the Harvick deal. The onecar just got cought up in the wreck at no falght of his own. If the 99 just spun and kept going I would not be so mad. I just think NASCAR needs to do the same for all drivers on the lines of dirtY driving.

I'm the same way with the Harvick deal. The onecar just got cought up in the wreck at no falght of his own. If the 99 just spun and kept going I would not be so mad. I just think NASCAR needs to do the same for all drivers on the lines of dirtY driving.

Don't get used to hearing this, but I agree with you Nick. :)

The blue/yellow flag means "hold your line". At Potomac, which is a smaller, dirt version of Bristol (steep progressive banking), they tell the lapped cars to stay inside and the leaders to pass high. In fact, that's how it works at every track I've ever been to.

Harvick wrecked someone else, and could've taken himself out, because he decided to go where everyone else was running and try to pass lapped cars on the inside.

If the left front blew and on that banking it might be pretty hard to hold it up there.IMO

:beerbang:

I can't speak from racing experiance myself, but I've had a right front tire go flat on the expressway going about 60mph. The car immediately turned right, and I was not able to turn it back the other way. Basically, I was lucky not to hit anything on my way to the shoulder because I could no longer steer the car. I could only imagine what this would have been like with a left-front tire at double the speed.

Chase came on the radio right before the crash, and said he had a tire going down. Look, this all happened in less than a second, in the worst part of the track. The leaders were exiting the turn going up to the outside wall, while Chase was moving down. Nothing could have been done to avoid this situation.

Heck, even Busch seemed sympatheic for the situation. He went so far as to say that everyone makes mistakes. Even if Chase did make a mistake, he's a rookie who's under a lot of pressure. Start waving your hate flags when he's done this a couple more times.

Until then, may the person who's never made a mistake, or had a bad day throw the first stone.

If voting for ESPN means the stupid Vince Welch and his interviewing techniques (or lack thereof) then ESPN gets my two handed vote.

Chase Austin - Nothing else came close this past weekend.

I'm with you, and suprised so few did. I kept hearing people say he had a tire go down and it pulled his car left. BS, I say. Major rookie mistake, and even he said he didn't know the leaders were coming up on him that quick, and that he turned down to get out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom