Bonehead of the week: Charlotte II

Richard Childress Racing going down pit road with 5 to go to check the battery on the 2.

Truex for basically eliminating Elliott & Dillon. I hope they win the next two races and he gets taken out of the Chase.

Logano/22 team... seriously when your car is wrecked dude you short pit atleast for the first time to check your tire wear. No reason to wreck it twice. salvage your day.

& some not noticing the fact the 18 turned hard into the 24 to wreck him on purpose.

Kybu for running outta talent and wrecking Chase Elliott.

**** Martin Truex that little bitch.

Wins a couple races and thinks his **** don't stink. What a loser. Hopefully the 3 will wreck his ass and ensure he is going no where fast.

As Logano learned last year, it doesn't matter how fast you are if you drive like an a**hole.

**** Martin Truex that little bitch.

Wins a couple races and thinks his sh!t don't stink. What a loser. Hopefully the 3 will wreck his ass and ensure he is going no where fast.

As Logano learned last year, it doesn't matter how fast you are if you drive like an *******.

That's why he took responsibility. SMDH.

That's why he took responsibility. SMDH.

And?

Taking responsibility doesn't mean ****. Don't drive like a jackass. Taking responsibility doesn't restore Austin and Chase's points.

No real shock though. Guy gets his hands on a fast Toyota and suddenly thinks he is a better driver than he is and starts wrecking people. The Kyle Busch way.

And?

Taking responsibility doesn't mean sh!t. Don't drive like a jackass. Taking responsibility doesn't restore Austin and Chase's points.

No real shock though. Guy gets his hands on a fast Toyota and suddenly thinks he is a better driver than he is and starts wrecking people. The Kyle Busch way.

A bit dramatic, don't ya think? Yeah, Truex isn't elite talent, but he felt bad, knew he screwed up. He's not gonna win a championship, but he's a pretty good driver. Looked like a mistake to me..still a bonehead move, but a mistake

Truex really inst that good of a driver. 10 years of cup, 3 wins before this year.

He finally got elite stuff and now he thinks he's better than he really is. He ran out of talent today and straight up ruined two cars days and took out the guy with arguably the best car today. I understand that he knew he screwed up. That really doesn't mean jack ****.

I'm pretty sure Client Boywer knew he screwed up back in 2013 when he kept "accidentally" wrecking Jeff Gordon. Hopefully it karma rears it's ugly head at Talladega and Truex is the one watching the round of 8 rather than Dillon and Elliott.

Truex really inst that good of a driver. 10 years of cup, 3 wins before this year.

He finally got elite stuff and now he thinks he's better than he really is. He ran out of talent today and straight up ruined two cars days and took out the guy with arguably the best car today. I understand that he knew he screwed up. That really doesn't mean jack sh!t.

I'm pretty sure Client Boywer knew he screwed up back in 2013 when he kept "accidentally" wrecking Jeff Gordon. Hopefully it karma rears it's ugly head at Talladega and Truex is the one watching the round of 8 rather than Dillon and Elliott.

Gonna let all of this go because you are referring to my TRD powered Toyotas as elite and fast. LOL

And?

Taking responsibility doesn't mean sh!t. Don't drive like a jackass. Taking responsibility doesn't restore Austin and Chase's points.

Yawn.

Truex for sure. 66 laps to go, a car with 2 new tires in front and he cant wait until the 2nd corner to make a for sure pass?? What a Douche bag and 100% uncalled for. The 11 car was about as bad on the same restart, so he gets honorable mention. I'm hoping he 3 car pays back the 78 car "kenseth style" This is the same jerk who took out Danica at the road course on a restart just a few weeks ago, so he's no stranger to these antics. It would have been great to see the 78 go up in smoke instead of the 11, or even better, Truex causes his own team mates ( 19,20,11 and 18) behind the wall with 35th place finishes or worse in the wreck. He'd be out of a jibbs toyoter next season and maybe in the xfinity or truck series if he's lucky. Its sad the young talent he screwed over with his lack of patience. Hey truex, you have to pass cars on the right or left side, not by driving over them! Ohhhh, I guess "YOU" can though. I used to like this character, not so much now.

The fans for watchnig this Chase nonsense. Have 0 ticket holders that would wake up his Majesty.

Surprised there's no silver spoon hate in this thread. Everyone asleep at the switch? Or, is Truex the new whipping boy?
Wondering what constitutes becoming an 'elite talent' ? And how many races one is supposed to win in poor equipment before being considered worthy of winning in elite equipment? It's all like new racing and new math to me. I just can't keep up with it.

I thought the whole restart mess was a racing incident. Both drivers in the second row bumped the leaders and everyone behind them was on the gas. I"ll give it to all of the pit road penalties.

I'll go with the #3 team for putting a slow car with 2 tires in front of the field on a crucial restart. Not sure what they expected the 19 cars behind him to do...wait patiently while the top line went by? My only regret is that MTJ didn't dump him on purpose.

What? is it against the nascar law to take only 2 tires? What if for some reason they didnt take any tires? They get run over on purpose? I hope the 3 pays back the 78

What? is it against the nascar law to take only 2 tires? What if for some reason they didnt take any tires? They get run over on purpose? I hope the 3 pays back the 78
Lol there won't be payback. 3 team knows 2 tire track position "moves" come with that risk. They've already said so to the 78. This case is closed.

He finally got elite stuff and now he thinks he's better than he really is. He ran out of talent today and straight up ruined two cars days and took out the guy with arguably the best car today. I understand that he knew he screwed up. That really doesn't mean jack sh!t.

Could it be Childress is the dimwit for putting two tires on a car starting in the front row. They had to know everyone else took four tires and would be faster on the restarts. It looked to me like Truex did not run out of talent but tried to give Dillon a push to get him going. You can pee in the wind all you want but Truex is a talented driver and while his actions were not intended to cause a wreck. It was a racing incident.

Watching the replay several times now, was there some reason for 18 to intentionally push the 24? it may have been "Just one of those things" , but on the other hand it seemed as if it may have been an opportunity to take out the 24.

I really like Chase Elliott.

Can't stand the whiney woe-is-me from the fanboys when something happens to him.

Everytime something happens to the 24, the threads turn into "so and so took out Chase! He's a no talent hack! He shouldve been fired years ago. Kick him out of the lottery!"

Does Truex deserve flack for the accident? Sure. It was his fault.

Calling the hottest driver in the series at the moment a hack? Get outta here lol.

The case isnt closed. I dont believe the 18 did it on purpose but I also believe he could have done a better job of avoiding it. Why is there a need to shove somebody down the track while their on the gas? Seems this year is more aggressive than all previous years combined. The solution is to restart the race in turn 1, not the checked flag line AND at higher speeds
There may indeed be a payback, why pull such an idiotic move with more than 50 laps remaining? Hell why not do this at the drop of the green flag then? yeah start the race with a caution! Just a plain head in the ass move by the 78 and when he gets paid back, he'll whine like a drunk party girl. And so will his fans.

I'll go with the #3 team for putting a slow car with 2 tires in front of the field on a crucial restart. Not sure what they expected the 19 cars behind him to do...wait patiently while the top line went by? My only regret is that MTJ didn't dump him on purpose.
I agree...

Everytime something happens to the 24, the threads turn into "so and so took out Chase! He's a no talent hack! He shouldve been fired years ago. Kick him out of the lottery!"

Consider the source and move on.

Seriously? Truex is a bonehead because Dillon couldn't keep up with the same type of push that Johnson was getting from Hamlin? Seems to me like the bonehead is Dillon, for not having the talent, experience, and know how to restart a race on only two fresh tires. Which, by the way, were only 12 laps old.

As far as Truex's talent goes, he's more than earned his stripes throughout his Nascar career, more so than any of the Dillon brothers ever have. For a veteran like Truex to admit guilt for something like that when a 2nd year player in Nascar is concerned says more about his character than it does for the people admonishing him for a simple ****** tap on a restart.

Some of these posts are very... Facebook-esque....

I'll go with the 3 team though. They were sitting ducks and knew it. They were also safely in the top 10 when they decided to gamble with 2 tires.

This is funny.

Truex admitted it was his fault because a bump turned into something worse, Truex is not a talentless hack and yes he has some of the best cars. Guess what? Everytime when a driver dominates a race 8 times out of 10 they have the best car in the field. Its a case of Truex finally having a great car to showcase his talent and being the fifth JGR car has a ton of perks when given to a one car team. He's certainly not an "elite" level driver, but he's been doing a fantastic job in the cars he's given. With a dedicated owner and probably one of the best CCs' in the field, it makes a difference.

Exactly. I'm no Toyoder fan, but there wasn't much the 18, 24, or 78 could do. All on the 3 for their decision making.

**** Martin Truex that little bitch. ... As Logano learned last year, it doesn't matter how fast you are if you drive like an *******.
Big difference in what Logano did and what Truex did. Truex, by his own admission, screwed by trying to push Dillon forward at the front of the pack on a restart. Logano and Kenseth were out in front and had been fighting for the lead for several laps.

And there will be a difference in the aftermath. Logano recently said he made a mistake by not contacting Kenseth afterward. I don't see Truex making that mistake, and I don't see Dillon repeating Kenseth's.

Back
Top Bottom