Bonehead of the week: Charlotte II

Ah, you're clairvoyant. I missed the memo.
Not quite, but if you stick your finger in a hornets nest and dont get stung, would you try is again? I find it odd it doesnt happen in oh lets say in row 8 or 9 where cars are known to be slower. Lets say for a quick second that the 3 car was dominating the race and got punted, totally different then?

Not quite, but if you stick your finger in a hornets nest and dont get stung, would you try is again? I find it odd it doesnt happen in oh lets say in row 8 or 9 where cars are known to be slower. Lets say for a quick second that the 3 car was dominating the race and got punted, totally different then?
If I've spent my entire life preparing for my chosen career as a professional Hornet's Nest Finger-Sticker-Inner, damn right I'm going to do it every chance I get. This was just another restart among the thousands these guys get paid to execute in their careers. Would you have everyone hang back on each and every restart and let the leaders get away, simply because they screw occasionally?

It doesn't happen in row 8 or 9 because the guys back there know there's nowhere to go and nothing to gain. Only the guys in the second or occasionally third row benefit from pushing the car in front of them, because it gives the chance to clear the cars beside them and move up or down.

It made no difference to me who was pushing or pushed. I'm not a fan or a detractor of either the drivers involved in this incident. I've seen my man Kenseth on both sides of this equation. I've seen drivers push from the second row when their names were Johnson, Gordon, Wallace, Earnhardt, Waltrip. I've seen it happen with various combinations of old and new tires, two or four. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I don't get why some are painting this as if Truex went out to intentionally dump Dillon. I'll agree he could have executed the push much better, but I doubt Truex intentionally spun Dillon out. With no where to go, the #3 was as likely to come back in front of him as to wind up out of the way. See it as you wish. From here, this was just racing.

Last edited:
This one million times, we always talk about drivers who we would like to see in a better car.

We are getting it in Truex and now people are moaning and groaning, maybe so more of the fact he's affiliated with JGR than anything else.

I don't care about Truex one way or the other although I didn't care for his diva attitude a few weeks back. I will say that it is a race between him and Harvick as to which one of the teams have left the most on the table this year and last.

If I've spent my entire life preparing for my chosen career as a professional Hornet's Nest Finger-Sticker-Inner, damn right I'm going to do it every chance I get. This was just another restart among the thousands these guys face in a career.

It doesn't happen in row 8 or 9 because the guys back there know there's nowhere to go and nothing to gain. Only the guys in the second or occasionally third row benefit from pushing the car in front of them, because it gives the chance to clear the cars beside them and move up or down.

It made no difference to me who was pushing or pushed. I'm not a fan or a detractor of either the drivers involved in this incident. I've seen my man Kenseth on both sides of this equation. I've seen drivers push from the second row when their names were Johnson, Gordon, Wallace, Earnhardt, Waltrip. I've seen it happen with various combinations of old and new tires, two or four. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I don't get why some are painting this as if Truex went out to intentionally dump Dillon. I'll agree he could have executed the push much better, but I doubt Truex intentionally spun Dillon out. With no where to go, the #3 was as likely to come back in front of him as to wind up out of the way. See it as you wish. From here, this was just racing.

I sure doubt Truex dumped Dillon deliberately but I do think he was careless in shoving the right side of the car and thus turning him into the wall. It is always cool to move a guy out of the way but it is never cool just to dump a guy because you are not fast enough to get around him.

Some folks need to attend a Cup race . When that green flag drops , all 40 cars go hammer down . One idiot up front who doesn't go, can cause multiple wrecks all the way back through the pack . There is nobody soft pedalling until they come out of the first turn . You snooze , you lose. If you aren't passing other cars before you get to turn one , then others are passing you . Maybe it doesn't show on TV (not much of the real racing does ) but the start or restart is the best place to pass during the entire race . So yes , everyone is pushing the car in front , it's go time .

If this thread doesn't show who the old school, experienced Nascar fans are, then I dare someone to find a better thread to argue it. We've seen one guy accused of a push on a restart, after he's been labeled a diva, losing a race he might have won.

Surprised there's no silver spoon hate in this thread. Everyone asleep at the switch? Or, is Truex the new whipping boy?
Way I see it.. U can be handed a silver spoon at birth but that dont mean u know how to eat with it.

Also Im gonna give my vote to all the guys who went over the wall too soon.

"Jimmie's team did it and hes a 6 time champ, maybe they're on to something here"

:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom