Bonehead of the Week: Charlotte

Charlotte bonehead

• Brian Pattie (Crew chief, #42 - Montoya)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • David Gilliland

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sideways Sam

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ESPN on ABC

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
To paraphrase an old pilot's axiom, "Never run out of ideas, talent and traction at the same time."

Definitely David Gilliland.

Honorable mention to ESPN on ABC for the obvious reasons. I wish NASCAR would give FOX and TNT the whole season. I'll take Jaws and Digger over Dr. Punch and Vince Welch/Shannon Spake/Jamie Little anyday.

I nominate Sideways sam for spinning how many times, and the 42 crew for not fixing a car, then fixing it, then having the fix undo itself.

Added a poll.

I should mention Joey Logano for missing his pit box, but the boy drove his ass off and salvaged a good finish out of it.

I'd also mention Brian Vickers for running over the #55 jackman but I never saw a replay on television (which takes us back to the ESPN bonehead nominee) so I don't know what happened. :idunno:

I'm going with the 42 crew chief. Leaving him out there for so long with a damaged car.

Honorable mention to Hornish.

TRL, do you follow John Daly on twitter? I get more information about the race in 5 minutes following John Daly and Jenna Freyer on twitter than I get during the entire telecast.

I should mention Joey Logano for missing his pit box, but the boy drove his ass off and salvaged a good finish out of it.

Tried to tell people the kid can do something. Might had missed his pitbox but alot others have done it. Fact that he got back to the front shows this kid got some talent.

Anyway

voted for the 42 Crew Chief.

I gotta go with Leffler (again). He hit everything but the brake pedal at Fontana. This week he collects 10 or so cars.

I'd have to go with Gilliland in the NNS race. He took out himself and 3 other cars. It was really stupid.

Stremme used up the right side of his car again.

Wonder how the fab boys in the shop like replacing it every week.

Stremme used up the right side of his car again.

Wonder how the fab boys in the shop like replacing it every week.

Sounds like job security wouldn't be an issue for them.

I've give it to Gilliland for the Nationwide race. My 9-year-old nephew drives go-karts at the local mini-golf better than that.

Back
Top Bottom