Bonehead of the Week: Charlotte

David Hoots would have NEVER let that fiasco happen tonight...

2 weeks in a row now they could have gotten someone killed. They're on a roll.

Would love to hear a recap of the process for monitoring the track, where it broke down and how they will address it.

Would love to hear a recap of the process for monitoring the track, where it broke down and how they will address it.
During Xfinity qualifying Adam Alexander gave us the NASCAR talking points re/ the incident.

During Xfinity qualifying Adam Alexander gave us the NASCAR talking points re/ the incident.
I’m in the middle of yard work hell.

Did they directly address where the fault was in NOT throwing a yellow for a car stopped on the track until post-collision?

I looked at Alexander’s Twitter feed and all it had is fluff.

I did however see that NASCAR is using their incompetence as marketing fodder:

740-BAC3-A-A2-A5-4-A45-9990-880-E07-FB8-CB7.jpg

Did they directly address where the fault was in NOT throwing a yellow for a car stopped on the track until post-collision?

I don't remember his exact words now and have since erased the recording. It just sounded like a politician trying to convince you that he's not full of s**t when you (and he) both know he is. I'm sure NASCAR wrote the script.

He basically said they were watching a car getting onto pit road with a flat tire and didn't see the car stopped in the middle of the racing grove.

They used Newman’s Daytona wreck for marketing as well. They have no ethics.

They used Newman’s Daytona wreck for marketing as well. They have no ethics.
I see nothing ethically wrong with using non-fatal wrecks for marketing. It is better than the news showing people getting killed and the military using real life footage of death & destruction to recruit people.

Or maybe I'm just weird

I see nothing ethically wrong with using non-fatal wrecks for marketing.
Sooner or later someone’s going to get crippled (or worse) resulting from incompetence like that which caused this latest madness and which they are using to promote their product.

I see nothing ethically wrong with using non-fatal wrecks for marketing. It is better than the news showing people getting killed and the military using real life footage of death & destruction to recruit people.

Or maybe I'm just weird
yep, all three drivers walked away without a scratch and a testament to the many hours of designing safety into these trucks.

Or maybe I'm just weird
NASCAR probably doesnt want to stoop the to the level of “if it bleeds it leads” national news. As for the military, death and destruction is literally their job. NASCAR’s job is not violent wrecks that put drivers in medically induced comas to prevent further brain damage.

NASCAR can attract people to watch their events in person or on TV with examples of exciting racing action just fine. If their goal is to attract the people that only watch for the wrecks rather than establish fans that watch for the racing, they are too far gone.

NASCAR probably doesnt want to stoop the to the level of “if it bleeds it leads” national news. As for the military, death and destruction is literally their job. NASCAR’s job is not violent wrecks that put drivers in medically induced comas to prevent further brain damage.

NASCAR can attract people to watch their events in person or on TV with examples of exciting racing action just fine. If their goal is to attract the people that only watch for the wrecks rather than establish fans that watch for the racing, they are too far gone.
There’s a reason why plate races generally draw the largest amount of viewers.

There’s a reason why plate races generally draw the largest amount of viewers.

I'll take that to mean they flock in droves for the pack racing, because the latter is not a well intentioned reason to be watching.

Race director for the truck series. How do you not see that and throw a caution quickly. Heck, a front runner can scrape the wall and they immediately throw a caution. A back marker knocks down the wall, they sit on their hands.

Back
Top Bottom