Bonehead of the week: Darlington

MRM

Team Owner
We've gone from weeks of having no real boneheads to several contenders this week. The first candidate is Joe Graf Jr. who wrecked plenty of cars, and his own, in the Xfinity race. Then, there's Noah Gragson's team for getting DQed from the race. We go to Sunday and Ross Chastain's crew chief who decided to leave him out on old tires in stage 2, causing Chastain to still go a lap down and never recovered.

The "fans" on Twitter who are bitching and whining about that race being "boring" because they prefer cartoon races and "race" on videogames and don't appreciate when driver skill is on full display.

I've learned to appreciate a good old-fashioned asswhooping, and Truex delivered a throwback asswhooping.

42 CC. Super petty (as a 9 fan) honorable mention to the 9 crew member who was supposed to remove the packing from the suspension before passing tech sending them to the rear.

The "fans" on Twitter who are bitching and whining about that race being "boring" because they prefer cartoon races and "race" on videogames and don't appreciate when driver skill is on full display.

I've learned to appreciate a good old-fashioned asswhooping, and Truex delivered a throwback asswhooping.

Preach brother Hulkster.

Truex and Small had the measure of the field.

Nothing wrong with that, but also the field was no where near as strung out as mentioned by some. Truex's pace was just outrageous to lap up to 9th place.

That's just how it goes, I cannot wait until Nashville. That race is going to be fun, Nashville should have two lanes and the abrasive concrete surface will be a major factor.

Anyways, I agree with Andy wholeheartedly.

I've been avoiding the Bonehead discussions this year, trying to be less negative overall. But that #42 (lack of) tire strategy still has me scratching my head.

What Andy said. This wasn't an F1-style parade where the cars are doing a ton of work. This was sumbiches trying to manage their tires and knowing they were going to get wrecking loose anyway, sawing on the wheel, working to keep the car pointed halfway straight everytime they came off 2 and 4; in cars that were working against them, not with them.

Sadly, the SnapBack wearing nephews with ADHD are the “new fans” NASCAR wants. And believe it or not, they do listen to the fans, the issue is our fan base always bitches. 2017-18 we had fantastic racing, but because Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, and Truex won all the time it wasn’t good enough. That’s what led to our Mario kart racing package 🙄. Yesterday was a great race, and let’s remember the week before the same people bitching about a string out run to the finish were complaining about nascar throwing bogus yellows. They don’t care how the race goes, they just want the driver they like to win lol. Guarantee if the 5 won yesterday all the ratings would be 10s

Smokey Robinson for ruining what was shaping up to be one of the best National Anthem's sung for the races this year.
Dang, I had already forgotten/blocked that out. Maybe I need to change my vote... Nah, still 42 CC.

42 CC. Super petty (as a 9 fan) honorable mention to the 9 crew member who was supposed to remove the packing from the suspension before passing tech sending them to the rear.
I forgot about the 9. That's two out of 3 weeks where a HMS team has forgotten to take something off the car after transport.

I forgot about the 9. That's two out of 3 weeks where a HMS team has forgotten to take something off the car after transport.
They definitely need to check their cars a little better but I don't think it affected the outcome of his finishing position. He stayed between the 12th and 6th spot most of the day. Hopefully the 9 team will get a win when they get to the road courses later.

They definitely need to check their cars a little better but I don't think it affected the outcome of his finishing position. He stayed between the 12th and 6th spot most of the day. Hopefully the 9 team will get a win when they get to the road courses later.
If they don't win Dover or COTA in next couple weeks (a track he's good at and a road course), then I think it's time to at least hover the finger over that panic button if not push it...

Back
Top Bottom