Bonehead of the week: Darlington

Remember what happened the last time Joey got irrationally pissed and decided to wreck someone instead of just passing them?

Matt Kenseth remembers.
I like William Byron, but I think there is 0% chance that he does **** one about what happened today. ....but that doesn't mean we won't listen to a week of "pay backs" and "race others how they race you" bull****.

I like William Byron, but I think there is 0% chance that he does **** one about what happened today. ....but that doesn't mean we won't listen to a week of "pay backs" and "race others how they race you" bull****.

Funny, that's what people were saying about Chase Elliott when Denny plowed into him at Martinsville. Ask Denny how that turned out for him at Phoenix. I think there's a damn good chance Byron will do something about it when the time is right.

Some guys start driving scared when they know retaliation is coming, like the sissy Harvick wrecking himself at the Roval when he saw the 9 in his mirror.

Funny, that's what people were saying about Chase Elliott when Denny plowed into him at Martinsville. Ask Denny how that turned out for him at Phoenix. I think there's a damn good chance Byron will do something about it when the time is right.

Some guys start driving scared when they know retaliation is coming, like the sissy Harvick wrecking himself at the Roval when he saw the 9 in his mirror.
Fair point. Maybe. I'd like to see it, honestly.

I missed the first 200 laps..

Honestly, Larson for almost wrecking himself for 9 stage points - ended up with none.

Didn't matter cause they blew up. But he needs to get his head out of his ass. He's been quite sloppy this year, and at times, reckless. A lack of discipline on his part, imo. Cliff has been great, cars have been descent..but sometimes, it isn't necessary to try to get more out of it. Sometimes finishing 5th with a 5th place car IS a championship caliber performance.

Larson is better than this, and smarter than this imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blaney's pit crew again! How do you "forget" to change the left rear AND not tighten the right rear. Blaney was as fast as the leaders but his pit crew constantly put him behind.

Yea things have changed for William. He runs up front now and contends for wins most weeks. I think he knows and maybe Jeff will help in that education, but this has to be corrected or others drivers will run over William due to no fear of pay back.

Blaney's pit crew again! How do you "forget" to change the left rear AND not tighten the right rear. Blaney was as fast as the leaders but his pit crew constantly put him behind.
I’m not one to be hating on the team but that’s becoming an all too common theme. And it sucks as good as the 12 car has been.

It's really hard to be a Blaney fan. Between a sh!t crew and sh!t luck it's cost him several races over his short career.
I keep waiting for the tide to turn.

Anyone who thinks that anything about what Joey did was that egregious. That's just NASCAR and you only hate it cause it was Joey who so many have an weird hatred for
Lot of it is rooted in the assumption he didn't earn it. Yes, he came from wealth but lots of these guys did. He's shown he has the talent to compete.

Lot of it is rooted in the assumption he didn't earn it. Yes, he came from wealth but lots of these guys did. He's shown he has the talent to compete.

Respect is earned, regardless of money. Logano's proven time and time again that he'll just drive through someone rather than race them clean.

Back on topic: KyBu. Petulant child.

Honorable mention: The 9 team leaving 2/3 of the car white instead of wrapping it.

Nah, I'd be pissed getting caught up in someone elses mess with no out. Certainly a bad day that had gotten worse for him.
Pissed to the point you park your car on pit lane just to cause an issue? C'mon, you seem WAY more mature than that!

Pissed to the point you park your car on pit lane just to cause an issue? C'mon, you seem WAY more mature than that!
Car probably wouldn't turn at that point with the front wheel being pushed in and these cars get stuck on those rub blocks with a down tire.

He did a lot better than last year almost running folks over, I think this was the better move here. Cut him some slack in this case.

Car probably wouldn't turn at that point with the front wheel being pushed in and these cars get stuck on those rub blocks with a down tire.

He did a lot better than last year almost running folks over, I think this was the better move here. Cut him some slack in this case.
Lol. ok. Yes, at least he's making SOME progress with maturity...I see your point...

But I think he could have backed up and got lined up with the entrance with the one tire that was turning. Just an assumption on my part though.

Tough to turn a car with broken front suspension components...
Kyle was thoughtful enough to make towing the disabled vehicle accessible for the hook to move it...

I missed the first 200 laps..

Honestly, Larson for almost wrecking himself for 9 stage points - ended up with none.

Didn't matter cause they blew up. But he needs to get his head out of his ass. He's been quite sloppy this year, and at times, reckless. A lack of discipline on his part, imo. Cliff has been great, cars have been descent..but sometimes, it isn't necessary to try to get more out of it. Sometimes finishing 5th with a 5th place car IS a championship caliber performance.

Larson is better than this, and smarter than this imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Me thinks Larson is a little too over confident in his car control capabilities, can't just throw it into these weird spots like gen6 and expect everything to be fine every time. This new car has proven multiple times it doesn't give a rats ass who you are, it'll bite you.

these cars get stuck on those rub blocks with a down tire.
And yet Brad nursed the #2 over halfway around the track on four flats.

Walking away just seems like he doesn't care about his competitors or the track team doing the clean up. Whether there was anything he could do strikes me as irrelevant. You make a mess, you stick around until it's cleaned up. I can't mop up the knocked-over orange juice in Kroger but the least I can do is thank the kid with the bucket.

And yet Brad nursed the #2 over halfway around the track on four flats.

Walking away just seems like he doesn't care about his competitors or the track team doing the clean up. Whether there was anything he could do strikes me as irrelevant. You make a mess, you stick around until it's cleaned up. I can't mop up the knocked-over orange juice in Kroger but the least I can do is thank the kid with the bucket.
Thing is , this isnt the first time he's done it.

I was just playin, I'm not sure why they didnt but running out of time is probably why.
Pockrass explained it to the pining Elliott fans. The Hendrick team has a procedure about bringing a back up car to track ready status. The wrap gets applied to the sides, no hood or trunk. Probably in the contract to do it that way, or common sense, screw the paint job let's make it run.

Pockrass explained it to the pining Elliott fans. The Hendrick team has a procedure for bringing a back up car to track ready status. The wrap gets applied to the sides, no hood or trunk. Probably in the contract to do it that way, or common sense, screw the paint job let's make it run.

I was just playin, I'm not sure why they didnt but running out of time is probably why.
I actually think that is why, they had to spend so much time under the hood and deck lid that it wasn't worth trying to squeeze time in for the wrap. Same thing with Byron's Raptor car.

Anyone who thinks that anything about what Joey did was that egregious. That's just NASCAR and you only hate it cause it was Joey who so many have an weird hatred for
Dislike*

I don’t hate him, and don’t think many here hates any of the drivers. Hate is such a strong word

Back
Top Bottom