Bonehead of the week: Daytona 500

Yeah, Kes hands down. Junked half the field.

Honorable mention to whoever at Fox thought that was an acceptable broadcast.

Kez....have a feeling he will have a tough next 3 RP races.

Chevy for bringing big speed that had 0 translation to the race. Stenhouse led all Chevys with 17 laps led, and they park all four at the front of the field in qualifying? They couldn't find a set up to support that motor.....or maybe that motor isn't all that? Dunno. Bonehead.

Chevy for bringing big speed that had 0 translation to the race. Stenhouse led all Chevys with 17 laps led, and they park all four at the front of the field in qualifying? They couldn't find a set up to support that motor.....or maybe that motor isn't all that? Dunno. Bonehead.
...all running at the front when they got wrecked

And while the Chevys live rent free....this happened lol

Clearly Ford had the best front end for pushing. Chevy and Toyota never really had a chance.

Clearly Ford had the best front end for pushing. Chevy and Toyota never really had a chance.
I completely disagree. 100% satisfied with Toyota race. WE were there....and around the front with speed. Chevy wasn't a part of this after being THE story after qualifying. Truly surprised by this.

Kez caused 2 wrecks, the rest were racing incidents due to the nature of super speedway racing.

I completely disagree. 100% satisfied with Toyota race. WE were there....and around the front with speed. Chevy wasn't a part of this after being THE story after qualifying. Truly surprised by this.
Disagree with you disagreeing. When Ford lined up it was over. They led 140 of 201 laps. Thats basically 70% of the laps. Only 2 Toyotas led 39 laps, Truex has his stage wins but in reality thats good for his point total but no indication he was quicker than the Fords when they got lined up whick clearly was on display at the end.

Still have no idea what your mad it, he doesn't owe Blaney anything he blocked him 500 ft from the end of the the Daytona 500, boohoo
That's a bit surprising coming from a sprint car fan. Blocking is when you stop the momentum of a car behind you that has a run. When a car is along side you and you run them into the wall, that is wrecking someone. Cindric could have easily let the race play out to the end once Blaney had established his position. I have seen Blaney block a lot of times over the years, but he doesn't make it a habit of wrecking someone. When it does happen, he will acknowledge fault.

We both have seen the consequences of running someone into the wall coming off the 4th turn to win a sprint car race and I don't believe that is acceptable either.

Disagree with you disagreeing. When Ford lined up it was over. They led 140 of 201 laps. Thats basically 70% of the laps. Only 2 Toyotas led 39 laps, Truex has his stage wins but in reality thats good for his point total but no indication he was quicker than the Fords when they got lined up whick clearly was on display at the end.
The Fords dominated the week in every series but the Xfinity in which a Chevy won. Whistle britches should be talking about the Ford front end, but as we know he is afflicted elsewhere. The Toyotas and the Chevys in the cup series never had a chance all week. I am wondering if the Ford domination carries over to the intermediate(s) at California next weekend, they monkey stomped everybody on the Super, could they do the same on the intermediates?

The Fords dominated the week in every series but the Xfinity in which a Chevy won. Whistle britches should be talking about the Ford front end, but as we know he is afflicted elsewhere. The Toyotas and the Chevys in the cup series never had a chance all week. I am wondering if the Ford domination carries over to the intermediate(s) at California next weekend, they monkey stomped everybody on the Super, could they do the same on the intermediates?
I don’t see them having a significant drop off but they won’t be doing any bump drafting so the other makes should have a better chance.

I don’t see them having a significant drop off but they won’t be doing any bump drafting so the other makes should have a better chance.
I think they will be able to run nose to tail certain times during the race. But if they really have a large aero advantage it is going to show up. Keselowski and Buescher both were able to turn down and pass for the lead without help in their Clash races. Logano from last to first in the 500 was impressive.

Everybody got wrecked. They weren't there.
Larson was the only HMS car That showed speed, was in contention at the end of the race. Running in the top 10 when he wrecked.

Larson just has no clue how to utilize the draft, and cannot anticipate runs or defend against them, As a result he got freight trained to the bottom of the top 10. But he clearly had a fast car. Just not the smarts to utilize it and this type of racing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Keselowski is quickly turning into the new Wrecky Spinhouse. I've got Wreckalotski as the bonehead of the race, & it ain't close. Wrecked so many cars & still couldn't win the race. He was wreckless all day long, NASCAR should give him a penalty. He has blatantly stated that he's willing to wreck people if they don't get out the way.

I find it funny that he never won the 500 in the #2 & Cindric in his first race in that car gets it done. HAHAHA Wreckalotski that's hilarious.

Keselowski is quickly turning into the new Wrecky Spinhouse. I've got Wreckalotski as the bonehead of the race, & it ain't close. Wrecked so many cars & still couldn't win the race. He was wreckless all day long, NASCAR should give him a penalty. He has blatantly stated that he's willing to wreck people if they don't get out the way.

I find it funny that he never won the 500 in the #2 & Cindric in his first race in that car gets it done. HAHAHA Wreckalotski that's hilarious.
It appears that you and I have differing opinions on the definition of quickly...

Brad if your going by the results of his pushing. However, think of what might have been had he had more experienced drivers in the car in front of him. I think he drove according to how last years car would have reacted.
1 down, 35 to go before final judgement on the new car.

Larson was the only HMS car That showed speed, was in contention at the end of the race. Running in the top 10 when he wrecked.

Larson just has no clue how to utilize the draft, and cannot anticipate runs or defend against them, As a result he got freight trained to the bottom of the top 10. But he clearly had a fast car. Just not the smarts to utilize it and this type of racing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
We have seen this from Chevy before, but I thought the new car would be different. Huge raw speed, but absolutely nothing in the race. Nothing. Very interesting stuff.

WE will always have a numbers problem on these tracks. Lined up, WE were fine....could run with the Fords. That 70% you are looking at was as much about the turd that Chevy dropped than anything else. Ford was good, but not untouchable the way we have seen Junior and Chevy in the past kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom