Bonehead of the Week: Daytona

I have to give it to Nascar for not finding a package for NW or Cup that actually produces good racing. What we had last night and Friday night was not racing. Since plates were introduced at Dega and Daytona you would think Nascar would of figured out a way to produce good racing at these tracks without tearing up millions of dollars in equipment. With all their vast knowledge, top notch engineers, and sophisticated wind tunnel technology; Nascar should be able to come up with a car that produces good racing. After all it has only been 25 years since the introduction of the plate!

I have to give it to Nascar for not finding a package for NW or Cup that actually produces good racing. What we had last night and Friday night was not racing. Since plates were introduced at Dega and Daytona you would think Nascar would of figured out a way to produce good racing at these tracks without tearing up millions of dollars in equipment. With all their vast knowledge, top notch engineers, and sophisticated wind tunnel technology; Nascar should be able to come up with a car that produces good racing. After all it has only been 25 years since the introduction of the plate!
Nascar doesn't 'produce' racing , they sanction an event . It 's very similar to baseball of football, the sanctioning body hosts an event , it's up to the players what happens .
It isn't scripted , it is live , the excitement comes from not knowing what will happen . Unlike this forum which is very predictable after each race , the same whiners will go on and on about what Nascar needs to do to script a better race.

Nascar doesn't 'produce' racing , they sanction an event . It 's very similar to baseball of football, the sanctioning body hosts an event , it's up to the players what happens .
It isn't scripted , it is live , the excitement comes from not knowing what will happen . Unlike this forum which is very predictable after each race , the same whiners will go on and on about what Nascar needs to do to script a better race.
BS. Nascar dictates what the rules package is , don't tell me it is up to the players what happens, they are only working with what rules Nascar dictates.

BS. Nascar dictates what the rules package is , don't tell me it is up to the players what happens, they are only working with what rules Nascar dictates.

I'm sorry that you think my opinion is BS . Good chattin with ya .

The BH award goes to NASCAR for putting Daytona and Talladega on the schedule.

After the KY race I would rather be at Dega. Much more exciting. Not one Guy with a huge lead. I love Dega and Daytona with their was a mother big 2.5 high banked track :)

I'm sorry that you think my opinion is BS . Good chattin with ya .
I'm just saying that isn't true what you said , not saying your overall opinion is BS. The teams have to work with what Nascar gives them for rules. At this point in time Nascar can't seem to figure out or doesn't want to figure out a good package for Daytona and Dega. There is a reason why I whine about thes Plate races, I care about racing, I love stock cars and have since I've been a little kid. When I see something I love becoming a farce it illicits a negative response from me. Give me good racing, a better product and all you will hear out of me is compliments.

I'm just saying that isn't true what you said , not saying your overall opinion is BS. The teams have to work with what Nascar gives them for rules. At this point in time Nascar can't seem to figure out or doesn't want to figure out a good package for Daytona and Dega. There is a reason why I whine about thes Plate races, I care about racing, I love stock cars and have since I've been a little kid. When I see something I love becoming a farce it illicits a negative response from me. Give me good racing, a better product and all you will hear out of me is compliments.

Addington, and the riding around we saw on Saturday, confirm this. NASCAR raised the skirts, shrunk the spoiler, enlarged the restrictor plate AND mandated overheating cars. Shame on the drivers for not going all out and blowing up and smashing walls all night for our entertainment.

NASCAR got the package right for the NW race, and that was a great show.

Back
Top Bottom