Bonehead of the week: Daytona

Good for him. Most of the people down on him are just pissed he was born to a family that worked hard and made money. Jealousy sure makes some people act stupid.
I am royally pissed that some kid who happened to have Dale E. Sr as a father never won a championship and yet became the richest driver in Nascar history. How dare they be successful. :sarcasm:
I just earned more respect for him.

Who cares? I got the 3 back to victory lane at Daytona.. it feels good.

It should.. good for you Austin don't listen to these haters.

I don't even like him that much but I like him a bit more now than I did to start the day yesterday.

He did what anyone would have done to win and it wasn't a move like MK or JG pulled so I am fine with the win and glad to see the 3 car in victory lane today.

I don't even like him that much but I like him a bit more now than I did to start the day yesterday.

I realize that there is a huge history in NASCAR surrounding certain numbers, i.e. the 43, 21, and the 3. I just don't understand why people want to see a specific vehicle number in the winner's circle. To me it is like being happy to see a QB win the superbowl wearing the number 16? Gosh, it was good to see another San Francisco QB with the number 16 back up at the podium holding that superbowl trophy because Joe Montana did the same thing. I'd shake my head in disbelief at that too.

Last edited:
I realize that there is a huge history in NASCAR surrounding certain numbers, i.e. the 43, 21, and the 3. I just don't understand why people want to see a specific vehicle number in the winner's circle. To me it is like being happy to see a QB win the superbowl wearing the number 16? Gosh, it was good to see another San Francisco QB with the number 16 back up at the podium holding that superbowl trophy because Joe Montana did the same thing. I'd shake my head in disbelief at that too.
What's a football?

I'm fine with what he did too. Last lap of the Daytona 500...

Lil Sweet has a short memory. Hamlin moving him at New Hampshire and his response to it makes me like Almirola even more. I'm thinking Bubba and Aric might become my fav drivers due to the way that they handle themselves both on and off the track. Oh, and it helps that neither has been given anything. They earned it.

I don't get it either. As I pointed out in another thread, Harvick won a Daytona 500 with this team as well, but since it was in car #29 at the time, not as big a deal was made of it.

When it comes to blocking & dumping Tony Stewart said it for just about any driver ever (except maybe Mark Martin).

I have a new entry for the bonehead award and that would be the NASCAR (cough, cough) press.

I caught a bit of 2 different shows today and the homers on those shows were defending Lil Sweet like he was the second coming of Our Lord. I also read Gluck's take on Lil Sweet. Just a thought to the members of the NASCAR (cough, cough) press; if your fan base is that pissed off about someone winning and the way he did it, then you might want to stop trying to interject your bias into the story and COVER the story as it unfolds.

Fox for those terrible promo packages yapping about Danica's career like she was the best thing ever. Such a shame another woman never came along during her pathetic time here and actually won a race. At least after today I'll finally stop yapping about how garbage she is.

Also the horrendous side panel with the standings. That sh!t needs to go.

I know that I will get in trouble for this, but I can't resist....Her schoolgirl description of when Aaron saw her for the first time in her fire suit was the **** I cannot stand about her. She thumbs her nose at this sport, and dares it to turn its back on her. Well, it just did. Good-bye.

if your fan base is that pissed off about someone winning and the way he did it, then you might want to stop trying to interject your bias into the story and COVER the story as it unfolds.

If people are pissed at the way he won they should watch a different sport. I'd had it no other way, plus who the hell wanted to see Aric Almirola in Victory Lane?

Back
Top Bottom