Bonehead of the Week: Dover

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Kevin Harvick for his pit road miscalculation, but he finished exactly where he would've finished had he not made that mistake.

Landon Cassill's spotter. What was he looking at?

Darrell Waltrip for blaming Regan Smith for the accident. Good riddance to both Waltrips.

Darrell Waltrip for blaming Regan Smith for the accident. Good riddance to both Waltrips.

Did he really blame regan? I think Kyle Petty called it right. Tony could have been more patient, and Cassill more careful.

Speeaking Of DW did anyone else notice that at one point in the broadcast DW appeared to be having an issue? Someone in the background even asked him if he was okay?

Tony Stewart. Like to seen his reaction to somebody pulling that crap on lap 9 of 400.

A gotta go with Tony too .Don't know what he was thinking . Then when he was being interviewed he said "that's what I get for qualifying poorly and being back there with those guys ." No Tony , that's what THEY get for you being back there .

Speeaking Of DW did anyone else notice that at one point in the broadcast DW appeared to be having an issue? Someone in the background even asked him if he was okay?

I've noticed this for the past 2 years. I think he has some kind of condition that is being kept secret.

Stewart would've cried like a little girl today if someone "lesser" than he would have wrecked him on lap 9 by racing too hard, too early. Don't get me wrong, I think Tony Stewart is among the best top-ten drivers of this era and could prolly win a Cup race in a six cylinder school bus from four laps down but he has vocally proven himself to be a very poor loser. He did the right thing today, though and admitted that he was racing too hard, too soon. Amazing driver that pulled the bonehead move this weekend at Dover.

Stewart would've cried like a little girl today if someone "lesser" than he would have wrecked him on lap 9 by racing too hard, too early. Don't get me wrong, I think Tony Stewart is among the best top-ten drivers of this era and could prolly win a Cup race in a six cylinder school bus from four laps down but he has vocally proven himself to be a very poor loser. He did the right thing today, though and admitted that he was racing too hard, too soon. Amazing driver that pulled the bonehead move this weekend at Dover.

While Stewart could have backed off (which he did after the contact and got plowed from behind), I think most of the blame on that lies on Landon Cassill. Stewart's car pushed up half a lane, Landon came down about three lanes. I don't know if Landon's spotter was eating a crab cake and not paying attention or if Landon just decided to drive down on Stewart -- but, totally my opinion, that was about 70% Landon's fault and 30% Stewart's fault. As for Regan Smith, nothing he could've done. Had Stewart backed off sooner, Regan would have had no time to lift and would've run in to Stewart producing pretty much the same result. To me, that was just a racing deal (unless Landon's spotter told him that there was a car on the inside).

Sometimes, I wish they'd play the radio communications during the replays, it would t. FOX has access to them but they choose to allow DW and Mikey run off at the mouth the entire broadcast. Why the hell is Mikey an analyst anyways? If there were no restrictor plate races, he'd probably have the worst all time NASCAR racing record.

Maybe Sam Hornish deserves a mention. Not only for the Danica incident but the wreck before that where he took out Timmy Hill.`

Maybe Sam Hornish deserves a mention. Not only for the Danica incident but the wreck before that where he took out Timmy Hill.`

Agreed. and, of course, nothing was talked about at length during Speedcenter where Hornish is a guest analyst.

But I mostly agree with racer8 and his selection of Kurt Busch. I tell my daughter not to ever use the word hate, but I'm really, really, really, really, really, starting to dislike this guy after his antics following the Nationwide race. Not so much for his post race argument with Allgaier on pit road, but more so for his later interview with Bob Pockrass. What a jerk.

While Stewart could have backed off (which he did after the contact and got plowed from behind), I think most of the blame on that lies on Landon Cassill. Stewart's car pushed up half a lane, Landon came down about three lanes. I don't know if Landon's spotter was eating a crab cake and not paying attention or if Landon just decided to drive down on Stewart -- but, totally my opinion, that was about 70% Landon's fault and 30% Stewart's fault. As for Regan Smith, nothing he could've done. Had Stewart backed off sooner, Regan would have had no time to lift and would've run in to Stewart producing pretty much the same result. To me, that was just a racing deal (unless Landon's spotter told him that there was a car on the inside).

Sometimes, I wish they'd play the radio communications during the replays, it would t. FOX has access to them but they choose to allow DW and Mikey run off at the mouth the entire broadcast. Why the hell is Mikey an analyst anyways? If there were no restrictor plate races, he'd probably have the worst all time NASCAR racing record.
Yep, that is pretty much how I also see it.

actually my vote this week is a tie between DW blaming Regan and kurt for his tirade....AGAIN.

Landon Cassil mentione in the post crash interveiw that his car was pushing on entry and that he was haveing to diamond the corners ( that means entering low going up the track rotating the car in the center and exiting low ) Tony most likely was'nt aware of the line Cassil was running and just got into him on exit. Regan just did'nt have a chance and if he would have lifted to keep off Stewart whoever was behind him would have dumped him.
Thats the kind of stuff that happens back in the pack at the start and on restarts the squirrels go nuts.

I'll go with Tony. Though I really wasn't suprised to see the BK cars in that crash, I was sitting between 3 and 4 and one of them nearly lost it coming off 4 on lap 2 and I was like he is going to crash. Didn't see much of the crash from my seat, but was kind of funny you think every wrecked car had been taken into the garage and then the tow truck come by again.

Back
Top Bottom