Bonehead of the Week: Gateway

I have to go with Brads dad as well, "its ok for my boy to screw with Carl time after time but its not ok for him to get back at my boy" but I also have to give it to Carl who seems to go balls out in the nationwide series but seems to care less in the sprint cup series, maybe if he went that hard in cup he wouldn't have been winless the last two years.

I have to go Edwards on this one. I mean retaliation is one thing, but it seems every time Edwards retaliates, there are multiple drivers that get caught up and recieve untold amounts of damage. And Carl doesn't EVER care about who else gets caught up in it, as long as he gets back whoever he was after.

I vote Brad and his dad.

You can't really blame Brad's dad. He just witnessed a serious looking accident involving his song and then the mike is put in his face. I think any parent can vouch for the fact that they would do anything to protect their kids. That's all he was speaking there.

Brad did a bump a run but Carl got back to him. NASCAR needs to start using the black flag when it comes to wrecking some one for the win. Total BS.

NASCAR gets the bonehead move of the week

The power company for not getting the lights fixed to run the truck race Friday night and forcing the race to be run in 100+ degree heat. :D

You can't really blame Brad's dad. He just witnessed a serious looking accident involving his song and then the mike is put in his face. I think any parent can vouch for the fact that they would do anything to protect their kids. That's all he was speaking there.

Yes I can blame Brads dad...

First of all, big Keselowski has no business showing his face on TV as who in hell tunes in to see that? FFS, he's worse than that Pitbull Harvick.

Second, if he thinks that his son can go out there and do as he wishes without fear of reprisal than maybe he should have sent his cash cow to medical school.

Brad did a bump a run but Carl got back to him. NASCAR needs to start using the black flag when it comes to wrecking some one for the win. Total BS.

:beerbang: Yep at the local tracks the black flag would of been waiving, Nascar wouldn't do that now would they?:rolleyes:

I agree that Brad should get the bonehead. He should have known better if he was going to bump and run that Edwards would retaliate with extreme measures as he always does. Brad's dad is a close second. If you want to be a drama queen, make your son race a car with bubble wrap around it for safety.

First of all, big Keselowski has no business showing his face on TV as who in hell tunes in to see that? FFS, he's worse than that Pitbull Harvick.

So I guess he's the one that chased down the pit reporters? ESPN didn't come to him and stick a mic in his face, now did they?

So I guess he's the one that chased down the pit reporters? ESPN didn't come to him and stick a mic in his face, now did they?

Perzactly,,he was outside the care center not knowing what shape his son was in. Think if it was me I'd do the same, make a statement in the heat of the moment.
Isn't carl on double secret probation from their last encounter?

Carl for driving with the skill of a 8 year old playing a video game

Carl for driving with the skill of a 8 year old playing a video game

Funny you say that, remember a couple years ago when Carl did that dumb Bonzai move down inside of Jimmy Johnson on a last lap, and slid up into the wall?
His words were that it works on the video games, so I figured i'd try it.

Perzactly,,he was outside the care center not knowing what shape his son was in. Think if it was me I'd do the same, make a statement in the heat of the moment.
Isn't carl on double secret probation from their last encounter?

Double Secret Probation? Does that make Mr France, Dean Wormer?

johnvernon.jpg

Yep.

I saw one blogger write that this type of racing is praised in short track racing and that we should appreciate it in NASCAR.

The difference is: a local short track would've disqualified Carl and maybe even sat him out a few weeks. You intentionally wreck a guy on a local track, you go to the back. You intentionally wreck someone for the win and you're disqualified. You've probably seen it happen at Camden and Paducah, I know I've seen it at Old Dominion and Potomac.

I can tell you that if I thought my son was in trouble, the last thing I'd be doing is an interview!

This isn't kiddy cars, folks, and the "someone could have been hurt" people need to realize that that's a risk every time the drivers step into these cars.

I can tell you that if I thought my son was in trouble, the last thing I'd be doing is an interview!

If you seen the race, you'd know that we all seen Brad get out of the car and walk to the ambulance, as his father also seen. So his father knew he was probably just shaken up, as would anyone who seen the race.
So, to reply to your assumption, NO, Bob did not think his son was in trouble, so he was probably very open at that point to speak his mind, since the reporters chased him down.
MoMike

It's kinda laughable that people seem to having a problem with his Dad speaking his mind. Isn't everyone here basically doing the same thing? The guy was asked a question and answered probably as any father would.

It seems most everyone's issue here is their disdain for Keselowski to begin with. I feel absolutely certain that if the roles were reversed this past weekend, most people on this board would have still been blaming Keselowski.

What happened at the end of that race was wrong, no question about it IMO. NASCAR painted itself into a box with the same type of crap @ Atlanta. I'd be surprised if anything comes from this incident either. Edwards has a history of overreaction and this incident only adds to that.

It's kinda laughable that people seem to having a problem with his Dad speaking his mind. Isn't everyone here basically doing the same thing? The guy was asked a question and answered probably as any father would.

It seems most everyone's issue here is their disdain for Keselowski to begin with. I feel absolutely certain that if the roles were reversed this past weekend, most people on this board would have still been blaming Keselowski.

What happened at the end of that race was wrong, no question about it IMO. NASCAR painted itself into a box with the same type of crap @ Atlanta. I'd be surprised if anything comes from this incident either. Edwards has a history of overreaction and this incident only adds to that.

Well put.:beerbang:

...What happened at the end of that race was wrong...

The only thing that was wrong was BKezz chose to rough Carl up in 1&2 instead of coming out of 4. Had Brad bumped Carl coming out of 4 then this thread wouldn't exist. Rookie mistake. Never leave your opponent with the opportunity to retaliate. Obviously.
Instead of badmouthing Carl, Bob should have been chewin' his kid out for leaving Carl the chance to get back at him.

I've had to think about this one ---

I'm going to give my nod to Carl. Not because of turning Brad, but because he gave absolutely NO thought to the others who were caught up in the mess.

I've had to think about this one ---

I'm going to give my nod to Carl. Not because of turning Brad, but because he gave absolutely NO thought to the others who were caught up in the mess.

Yup, that's Carl. As long as gets Brad back, the rest don't matter.

Yup, that's Carl. As long as gets Brad back, the rest don't matter.

Yep, sounds about right to me.

I think NASCAR should make him sit out a race so he can think about his actions.

I wonder if the fact that Carl hasn't been doing good in Cup has anything to do with all this.

The only thing that was wrong was BKezz chose to rough Carl up in 1&2 instead of coming out of 4. Had Brad bumped Carl coming out of 4 then this thread wouldn't exist. Rookie mistake. Never leave your opponent with the opportunity to retaliate. Obviously.
Instead of badmouthing Carl, Bob should have been chewin' his kid out for leaving Carl the chance to get back at him.

Hopefully B'Kez remembers that next time. Carl deserves anything and everything he's got coming to him. Brad should've wrecked him off four -- you're right, if he did, this discussion doesn't exist.

Knowing Carl, he woulda wrecked him on pit road. or on the cool down lap.

:beerbang:Thanks for that bit of sanity

Bonehead Move of the Week? I nominate NA__AR for NOT putting a stop to this thing after Atlanta. Using wrecks and retaliation driving as a way to try and get viewers and media space is a crappy way to run a [supposed] major league racing series.

Someone's gonna get hurt seriously and of it's one of the marquee drivers, THEN NA__AR'll do something. .

Back
Top Bottom