Bonehead of the week: Homestead

MRM

Team Owner
There are a few contenders this week. One is Brian France for saying he's fine where NASCAR is now. I guess running something good into the ground is acceptable? But I'm having a hard time deciding between Cole Whitt's team decision to leave him out at the end of the X race with no chance to win and creating a mess on the final restart, costing 2 guys a shot at winning the championship. My other choice is Carl Edwards for blocking Logano and getting himself taken out.

Carl had no other choice . Joey had the short run car , if he got the lead , it was over . No way that was a bonehead move , no way he took himself out . That was great racing , Joey did what he had to do too. He didn't lift .He drove right through him .

Nascar. I wonder how many fans they lost tonight. I've never even thought about not watching nascar anymore despite the countless amounts of dumb stuff they have done over all the years. I'm really thinking about it now though and at the least I won't be spending any money next year on them, which means 2 less people at Dover for 2 races next year. My father even called me to talk about how disappointed he was and he was rooting for Jimmie Johnson! Not a good night for the sport in my eyes.

IMHO, it wasn’t Carl Edwards. I hated to see that happen to him…he had every right to do what he did, since there were only 10 laps left to go and Joey was faster on re-starts. Any other driver in the same situation would have done the same thing. I had been rooting for him the whole race but the championship eluded him yet another time. He may be turning into the next Mark Martin, i.e. being an excellent driver but who becomes a perennial bridesmaid.

I realize that there are a number of people who dislike him because of the way he drove Brad K. at Atlanta a number of years ago. I didn’t like what happened there either. I still like him however and still root for him, just as I did during this last 2016 season race. And…no one can deny that it was really classy of him to go over to the 22 team and shake hands with them after he wrecked, although I didn’t think he had anything to apologize for (neither did Joey in my opinion).

I hope Carl wins the championship next year.

Race control
kuhylofe.jpg

The Ford backmarkers causing cautions as well. It started to resemble 2014 late race. Makes it hard to not wonder.

Last edited:
cole whitt's crew chief
why on earth would u leave your driver out there on old tires and **** up the 20 and the 7's chances of winning a championship?
had to of known u had absolutely no chance of winning the race on old tires...and then he spun his tires on the restart and ****** up what could have been an awesome shootout for the championship.....so much at the line for 4 drivers and u **** up 2 of them....truly pathetic IMO.....

cole whitt's crew chief
why on earth would u leave your driver out there on old tires and **** up the 20 and the 7's chances of winning a championship?
had to of known u had absolutely no chance of winning the race on old tires...and then he spun his tires on the restart and ****** up what could have been an awesome shootout for the championship.....so much at the line for 4 drivers and u **** up 2 of them....truly pathetic IMO.....
Their job is to get the best possible finish for themselves and their supporters. It's what racing is about.

We complain before these races that non-chase competitors are ignored and afraid to get in the way. When they do, we complain about that.

Their job is to get the best possible finish for themselves and their supporters. It's what racing is about.

We complain before these races that non-chase competitors are ignored and afraid to get in the way. When they do, we complain about that.

From what I heard , they had no tires left and didn't need fuel . The only reason to pit was to quit . Racers don't do that .

Geez louise, I am very indecisive tonight.

I thought Joey would have done more on that final restart. I'd like to see that again.

I nominate kyle boooosh but I always do. This week its a tie betwix nbc and nascar.

What Carl did was racing
But....one thing he shoulda know joey wasn't gonna lift. He hoped he would but part of me thinks he knew in hus heart of hearts Joey wouldn't lift.
That saud he had to try
Carl wasn't gonna Mark Martin the spot to joey. I say thus and i cheered for mm

NASCAR fans who complain just to hear themselves talk

Back
Top Bottom