Bonehead of the week: Homestead

Yes, but he then had fresher tires and started making up the defecit. I'd be interested to see the full pit deltas for both the #18 and #19 to know whose was faster. I have a guess. I'm arguing that Pearn stopping five laps later in that case didn't help but didn't really harm either. They couldn't just sit nearly 4 seconds behind the #18 and let the race play out. I think he took a quick gamble on a caution for a few laps, but then when the tire drop-off was set to get really bad, as it did for the #4, he went ahead and stopped.

I agree, it's terrible when the announcers think they know more than the competitors in the race do and not only are they wrong but they don't correct themselves leaving a bunch of wrong info B.S. in the air. I have caught them in many lies this season so has everybody else. I still think credibility and thinking before you speak to be important to broadcasting. Any time there is a cerebral, strategy race with comers and goers, and the exact opposite of the Xfinity race, there seems to be the same complaints every time.

I'd say the 11. For putting the whole damn roll of ductape on the car...but then why wouldn't you stay out?? You pit and you have a 1% chance of winning the race. Stay out and you'll run fine or blow up trying.
Yeah, they should have stayed out. I remember Jeff Gordon won at Darlington one year with his engine steaming the whole second half of the race.

I thought the 19's pit strategy was puzzling and perhaps more detrimental to their cause than the tire mistake was. I have to agree with Letarte; either pit with Kyle, or try to run out the string like the 4 did and hope for a caution. Once Pearn decided NOT to pit with Kyle, pitting when they did accomplished nothing.

Just re-watched the Homestead race....hard to appreciate the finer details which I was going ****house over the result.....anyway, I couldn't agree more with you on this. Staying out killed the 19. I don't know if he would have had enough to get Kyle, but that pit call did nothing as you said. Hard to factor in how much better Kyle was in full dark, and whether or not Martin could have been that much better. Great post man.

Just re-watched the Homestead race....hard to appreciate the finer details which I was going ****house over the result.....anyway, I couldn't agree more with you on this. Staying out killed the 19. I don't know if he would have had enough to get Kyle, but that pit call did nothing as you said. Hard to factor in how much better Kyle was in full dark, and whether or not Martin could have been that much better. Great post man.

I have my own theory about that. I think it is possible that orders came from above and the final results of that move was M&M's getting a championship and Cole Pearn quitting Nascar.

I have my own theory about that. I think it is possible that orders came from above and the final results of that move was M&M's getting a championship and Cole Pearn quitting Nascar.

Do you really believe that, or is that where you go to ease the sting of what really happened?

We'll chalk all of that off to a series of coincidences... right?

Hamlin has a piece of tape the largest size I have ever seen, it should have had advertising on it it was so big. Not only did Truex get a wrong set of tires, but later when he threatened once again for the lead, Pearn left Truex out. And then Pearn leaves. Can't help but to look a little fishy when you list it all out. Now they are pulling Bell from racing down under and laying it off on "Nascar management team". Nascar doesn't have a management team. :D

We'll chalk all of that off to a series of coincidences... right?

Hamlin has a piece of tape the largest size I have ever seen, it should have had advertising on it it was so big. Not only did Truex get a wrong set of tires, but later when he threatened once again for the lead, Pearn left Truex out. And then Pearn leaves. Can't help but to look a little fishy when you list it all out. Now they are pulling Bell from racing down under and laying it off on "Nascar management team". Nascar doesn't have a management team. :D

Absolute gold. Have to hand it to you....you have been slow on the asterisk show, but now you are all warmed up, and in full bloom. Outstanding! Especially the part about Martin threatening....4 seconds back, and not closing....but I guess that is a threat, right? Honestly, he ****** up the splitter with the tire thing, and the only shot Cole had really was to go to the Harvick plan, but you know "The Preacher"....he is always up to something, right? ...and the part about Bell....What the hell does that have to do with your Preacher Championship conspiracy theories? Hamlin wasn't going to win that race, and we all know it. The car wasn't what it needed to be from the beginning....oh, I see, that was part of The Preacher's orchestration, right? Oh, okay. Yeah. Nineteen wins. Manufacturers Championship. Kyle Busch is YOUR Champion. It's hard, but you will get through it. Hang in there buddy.

the preacher could have come up with something for Bell instead of trying to lay it off on Nascar. Something like He's family and we have plans for him. We really don't care that the New Zealander's and Australian's who have bought tickets to see him race or throwing Nascar under the bus matters. We thought the Nascar management team idea was a good touch. :D:p

Do you really believe that, or is that where you go to ease the sting of what really happened?
No sting for me, I wasn't a 78/19 fan and am sure no fan of JGR. BUT, I think there is smoke or fire when you consider Edwards and Pearn walking away from a contract.

No sting for me, I wasn't a 78/19 fan and am sure no fan of JGR. BUT, I think there is smoke or fire when you consider Edwards and Pearn walking away from a contract.

Where was Team Penske in the Championship Four? Must sting a little I would think. Pearn and Edwards are a different breed. They are not the norm anywhere they are. They are not the rule. You can't find anything anywhere that would suggest that JGR is anything less than a great place to be.

Back
Top Bottom