Bonehead of the week: Indy

MRM

Team Owner
My choice for this week is Carl Edwards for blantantly speeding on pit road in the NNS race to basically lose the race. I have no doubt he would have outrun Kez.

I thought he did a good job. I thought David Ragan was more to blame for that as he was.

I'm going to go with whomever hired Landon Cassill to drive a Cup car.

I like him, but he makes some bad decisions. Why he was racing 3 much faster cars is beyond me. Getting off the gas and falling in behind Ragan would have been the smart move. I remember him slamming Kez off the track at the Daytona NW race because he wanted Brad to push him. His blocking is off the charts too.

Did anyone notice Carl pulling a Harvick on Keselowski? Ran him down to the wall to block for half the front stretch.

The Wood Bros for bringing Bayne in under green with only 7 laps left and putting on 2 tires and fuel.With that little laps left just put in a little fuel.Why waste the time with the tires.How much fuel you need for 7 laps?

The Wood Bros for bringing Bayne in under green with only 7 laps left and putting on 2 tires and fuel.With that little laps left just put in a little fuel.Why waste the time with the tires.How much fuel you need for 7 laps?

Tht kind of confused me too.:confused:

I think he stayed out before on previous cautions, he needed fuel and they may have been worried about the right front.

NASCAR for moving the IRP Nationwide race to the Brickyard for next season.

SPEED for going out of their way to show empty sections of the grandstands during the ARCA and Truck Series telecasts and not showing the completely full sections ESPN was able to show during the Nationwide race at the same track.

The members of theis forum who questioned Menards win as not being legit.

I thought he did a good job. I thought David Ragan was more to blame for that as he was.

It looked to me like he turned himself off of Ragan's rear quarter but we all see things differently, I suppose :beerbang: As is evident by the firestorm over Menard.

SPEED for going out of their way to show empty sections of the grandstands during the ARCA and Truck Series telecasts and not showing the completely full sections ESPN was able to show during the Nationwide race at the same track.

I'll second this..... as far as the Nationwide move to the Brickyard.

As far as Speed vs. ESPN..... Like it or not people did not come out to support the Truck Series race. I sure though it being reported as the last races there that fans would show. 24,000 some odd fans were in attendance when they normally have 35,000 or more. Speed didn't have a whole lot to work with. The Nationwide Series brought in 36,000 fans. Even that was less than their normal crowd of 40,000. It's too bad that the fans didn't come out in droves to support that venue. So I'm going to have to give a bonehead award to the fans, which I guess includes me, for not going out and supporting a venue that we all seem to like.

It looked to me like he turned himself off of Ragan's rear quarter but we all see things differently, I suppose :beerbang: As is evident by the firestorm over Menard.

David did run Cassill far up the track, but Landon should have known to back off.

He moved him up a bit on the stretch and Cassill then came down on him entering the turn.

That video shows David giving way too much room to his teamate, but it also shows David didn't have the room to jump behind Matt in the low line entering the turn, which is what Landon surely expected. I didn't realize there was another car close enough behind Matt to keep Dave high. Landon is clearly at fault for not backing off after they got put 3 wide.

That video shows David giving way too much room to his teamate, but it also shows David didn't have the room to jump behind Matt in the low line entering the turn, which is what Landon surely expected. I didn't realize there was another car close enough behind Matt to keep Dave high. Landon is clearly at fault for not backing off after they got put 3 wide.

I agree. I think that Cassill was anticipating Ragan moving down behind the #17.

Cassil and Ragan for causing Kasey to spin

Is there any room left on the Paul Menard bandwagon? Some of yens have jumped on it so fast, it's amazing.

Probably because there was no room on the hate wagon, with you and the others just all over him like flies on <bleep> and calling for NASCAR's head. The way y'all went on about was, quite frankly, deplorable.

I like this one, it makes absolutely no sense. For starters, putting a nationwide race at the Brickyard takes away from the distinctiveness or specialty of the track, as far as I'm concerned. Whats next, trucks and go carts? But as usual with NASCAR like to beat things to death and squeeze every ounce of money out of a track they can.

Secondly, IRP is usually some good racing, why mess with something that has proven to work?

Is there any room left on the Paul Menard bandwagon? Some of yens have jumped on it so fast, it's amazing.

No wagon for me because I'm not a fan. I just thought a first time winner was always a great thing. Better than the usual Kyle/Jimmie/Denny wins.

Back
Top Bottom