Bonehead of the week: Indy

NBC keeps advertising their races (not the USA races) are on Peacock. I never can find them on there. I see them on the NBC Sports app, but not on Peacock.
I think there are only like 6 of them that control over 85% of all the media, and they have a right cluster puck going on.

I don’t think NBC is getting a fair shake here lol. Biden dropping out of the race was huge news, and that’s the only reason they changed to the news at 6. So there out.

NASCAR not throwing the caution, definitely deserves a mention.

Lot of the wrecks I felt was not just one persons fault yesterday tbh, so idk if I can give it to one person based off wrecks.

So I’ll go NASCAR.
what car number was biden driving?

Reactions: sdj
Once I saw the news about the presidential election I set up the DVR for USA as well as the one that was already going on NBC.

That meant setting up the USA network for every Law & Order rerun from 2pm until 8pm. That gave me double coverage, and I also set up NBC for an additional three hours past the scheduled program time (as usual).

Once I saw the news about the presidential election I set up the DVR for USA as well as the one that was already going on NBC.

That meant setting up the USA network for every Law & Order rerun from 2pm until 8pm. That gave me double coverage, and I also set up NBC for an additional three hours past the scheduled program time (as usual).
Something to help you for next time, you should be able to set up a manual recording so you don’t have to do each one individually. I’m not sure what provider you have, so I can’t tell you exactly how to do it, but most of what I seen would let you manually do it.

Something to help you for next time, you should be able to set up a manual recording so you don’t have to do each one individually. I’m not sure what provider you have, so I can’t tell you exactly how to do it, but most of what I seen would let you manually do it.
I could have set up Law and Order at 2pm with a three hour extension to give me 4 hours and repeated that at 6pm for another 4 hours.

But they was fixing to drop the green, the heat and passionate gravity of the moment was on. It was just to intense for me to remember the small details.

I could have set up Law and Order at 2pm with a three hour extension to give me 4 hours and repeated that at 6pm for another 4 hours.

But they was fixing to drop the green, the heat and passionate gravity of the moment was on. It was just to intense for me to remember the small details.
I meant like, you can go in and make a recording that would've went from like, 2 pm to like 7:30, or 8 or just honestly anytime that for it to stop. Just trying to help make it easier for next time.

I meant like, you can go in and make a recording that would've went from like, 2 pm to like 7:30, or 8 or just honestly anytime that for it to stop. Just trying to help make it easier for next time.
I could that with Dish. DirectTv has more presets.

The problem is, you don’t even know where the race will end up if it runs long?

They’ve stayed on NBC, dumped to USA, even dumped to CNBC. You just don’t know with NBC Sports.

Which makes the guide data problem even worse.

They’ve stayed on NBC, dumped to USA, even dumped to CNBC. You just don’t know with NBC Sports.

I see what you guys are getting at now.

With what Greg said, that wouldn’t be an issue. He said he made a recording on both NBC and USA. Saying how on USA he set each episode of Law and Order individually.. so none of what you just said, cancels out he could’ve made a long manual recording..

If I’m going to DVR the race I always add +1 hour in case there’s a red flag. I can also record up to three channels in the same time frame. Sucks though if you don’t know what channel they might switch to.

Kamala has raised 81 million in 24 hours. A record. It is over 100 Million now. They aren't going to break into programming for that, but it is pretty astounding none the less.
Is the 81 million record adjusted for inflation, population density and election day proximity or is it just a number used as a benchmark?

I think we're starting to look at a world where NASCAR needs to start timing races. Rain delays are one entirely different beast, but just as college football had to modify its rules for OT I think the same should apply for racing. We simply cannot have sports running significantly over their allotted time slots

I think we're starting to look at a world where NASCAR needs to start timing races. Rain delays are one entirely different beast, but just as college football had to modify its rules for OT I think the same should apply for racing. We simply cannot have sports running significantly over their allotted time slots
There is no "we" in that for me. It takes stick and ball 20 minutes or more to play the last 2 minutes in a football game. There is no way an automobile race wastes that much time in comparison.

This is my biggest gripe with NASCAR Overtime. This sometimes takes an hour or more.

To me, spending a half hour (or longer) to clean up the track for a two lap shootout, where somebody is probably going to wreck anyway, is just a waste. I hate it on the short track level, when I'm just being held hostage for basically an hour just to run two laps.

This is my biggest gripe with NASCAR Overtime. This sometimes takes an hour or more.

To me, spending a half hour (or longer) to clean up the track for a two lap shootout, where somebody is probably going to wreck anyway, is just a waste. I hate it on the short track level, when I'm just being held hostage for basically an hour just to run two laps.
B.S.

Back
Top Bottom