Bonehead of the week: Kansas II

MRM

Team Owner
I didn't see the X race on Saturday, so I cannot comment on that. I guess my bonehead would be for Brad K for getting himself wrecked

Because he is Brad K and dares to actually race their guy hard, he will get the bonehead award for anything he does, no matter how common an event it is to every guy out there.

It has to go to the pit reporter who first called Kyle Kurt, and then tried to stir up stuff between Kyle and Carl, not once, but twice. I hate that soap opera bullspit.
Yeah, I couldn't tell of Kyle was pissed at her or Carl. Still not sure but he wasn't happy.

I vote for Letarte and Burton as they both had a severe case of verbal diarrhea, were exceptionally ignorant and got all lathered up over nothing.

Because he is Brad K and dares to actually race their guy hard, he will get the bonehead award for anything he does, no matter how common an event it is to every guy out there.

Yeah, never mind that he actually wrecked himself.

The #24 team, for failing to learn from the #22's tire replacement and repair lessons last week at Charlotte. Good job making the Chase in the kid's first season; better luck next year.

Kez races like an ass at some point in every chase.

Last edited:
Bucky Brad wrecked himself once again by going into a corner too aggressively.

Love it.

Kez races like an ass at some point in every chase.
Oh yeah, he's an ass because he actually dares to try and pass Jeffy or Kevin or Matt or Tony or.....whoever. Comical how it's ok for anyone else to race hard but a Penske driver does it and it's racing like an ass. Lol.

I guess I will go with Brad K

I'd vote for the half of the ARCA field for not slowing down during the big wreck they had, but I almost feel like if ARCA was included in these threads, they'd get the award every week.

The 42 in the xfinity race. Larson ruined the day for 2 drivers going for the xfinity championship.

As more of a casual viewer of the series I may have this all wrong so please correct me if that is the case. IMO Team Penske (Ford?) has slowly fallen behind as the season has progressed and have not won a race in over 3 months (excluding the Buescher fluke). I am not suggesting Ford has fallen off the face of the earth as they seem to be able to run in the top 5 or 10 but don't show the consistent speed they have in the past.

IMO BKez is aware of this problem and realizes that he probably does not have a winning car at non plate races so he may take and extra chance or 2 here and there in order to build enough points to advance in the lottery. Obviously the move he tried to execute on Hamlin was ill advised and perhaps even doomed from the beginning but BKez and Team Penske don't have the luxury of sitting back and waiting for things to come to them.

I can see both sides of the argument as I understand people want to see the drivers racing instead of riding but I also understand it is not cool to slide up in front of a fellow Chase competitor causing him to slam you and risk ruining your day.

As more of a casual viewer of the series I may have this all wrong so please correct me if that is the case. IMO Team Penske (Ford?) has slowly fallen behind as the season has progressed and have not won a race in over 3 months (excluding the Buescher fluke). I am not suggesting Ford has fallen off the face of the earth as they seem to be able to run in the top 5 or 10 but don't show the consistent speed they have in the past.

IMO BKez is aware of this problem and realizes that he probably does not have a winning car at non plate races so he may take and extra chance or 2 here and there in order to build enough points to advance in the lottery. Obviously the move he tried to execute on Hamlin was ill advised and perhaps even doomed from the beginning but BKez and Team Penske don't have the luxury of sitting back and waiting for things to come to them.

I can see both sides of the argument as I understand people want to see the drivers racing instead of riding but I also understand it is not cool to slide up in front of a fellow Chase competitor causing him to slam you and risk ruining your day.
I think you make a good point, but it is routine to slide up in front of someone and sometimes so close that you get clipped. In this case he got loose and slowed and was hit. Isn't anything new about this happening and I don't think it is anything more than a racing deal. If you want the drivers to give a car length in between before moving up and doing at a really safe speed then it isn't racing.

Everyone has numorous time. He lost it, plain and simple. Just like everyone has and will.

And everyone's a bonehead every once and awhile. You don't have to get mad at folks when BK earns the title.

I think you make a good point, but it is routine to slide up in front of someone and sometimes so close that you get clipped. In this case he got loose and slowed and was hit. Isn't anything new about this happening and I don't think it is anything more than a racing deal. If you want the drivers to give a car length in between before moving up and doing at a really safe speed then it isn't racing.
Exactly. Just glad it didn't collect Denny and blow his day even more.

Oh yeah, he's an ass because he actually dares to try and pass Jeffy or Kevin or Matt or Tony or.....whoever. Comical how it's ok for anyone else to race hard but a Penske driver does it and it's racing

Trying to pass a car and breaking lose is an acceptable move as it shows the drivers is giving his all. In some cases a bit to much. When Brad moved up in front of Hamlin, he lost the air and broke lose. Next time Brad will remember that.

Driving a slower car and blocking is how idiots drive. How to know he is an idiot? How he settles the matter using his car as a battering ram.

I see your point as if you are truly racing there is no guarantee everything will work out perfectly.

Trying to pass a car and breaking lose is an acceptable move as it shows the drivers is giving his all. In some cases a bit to much. When Brad moved up in front of Hamlin, he lost the air and broke lose. Next time Brad will remember that.

Driving a slower car and blocking is how idiots drive. How to know he is an idiot? How he settles the matter using his car as a battering ram.
I believe you are talking about Matt.

Back
Top Bottom