Bonehead of The Week: Kansas

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Before the bull**** tire caution, my vote would've been for Ryan Newman's team for flaring out his car's body, not realizing that NASCAR watches these pit stops like a hawk now.

However, my vote would 100% have to go to that bull**** tire caution. NASCAR introduce stages so that they can have their "commercial cautions" and they still pull **** like this?

I’ll only say NASCAR for not throwing it sooner. The yellow was the right call at the end of the day.
Right call, wrong execution. It should have been thrown immediately. How can a safety issue only be issue enough for a yellow after the timing and scoring cycles through? It's either a safety concern or it isn't.

So yeah, NASCAR gets my vote.

larsons and kyle b crews for staying out.really not sure if it was the crew or drivers call,but it was dumb

I cannot WAIT to hear them try and justify why they handled that tire caution the way they did. I want O'Donnell to be the one to tell us, he's always good for a laugh.

I'm sure they'll talk about it on their morning SiriusXM radio show.

2015 at Las Vegas, a tire rolled into the infield grass from pit road and NASCAR waited 5 laps to throw the yellow.

2016 race at Chicago, a tire rolled into the infield grass from pit road and the yellow was thrown almost immediately right in the middle of a pit cycle.

Today, NASCAR waited 10 laps for the same scenario.

tenor.gif

Some good points on safety, as to why NASCAR should change how they call it, from what I've seen this has been standard for NASCAR to let the pit-stops cycle thru before throwing the yellow though (memory may be off), so slightly confused about the uproar over it, other than the way the race ended. Seems some wanted it to go green all the way with a wheel out there, no thanks on that.

To throw the yellow with a wheel out there, yes. To wait for pit stops to cycle thru, not so sure if safety is the top priority.

Thinking about it more, the fairness aspect seems less important, teams take advantage when they see a piece of debris that might get called and they stay out, similar deal if you're already down pit road. Rigging it because they don't want small teams to take advantage of a situation don't seem right.

I'm on board with them calling straight away for consistency, and whomever benefits benefits from the fluke happening. (won't hold my breath on that one)

I think it was the right call, waiting until the pitstops were done, I'm just not sure how clear NASCAR was about it to the teams. The announcers were fairly certain that they would wait until the end of the cycle. If NASCAR was clear and told all the teams that the tire was out of the way and would be retrieved when all stops were completed, then I don't see a problem.

Nascar and caring about safety enough to throw a caution 10 or 15 laps after the "hazard" was there.

Honorable mention: Nascar for bringing this terrible aero/engine package to the track

2015 at Las Vegas, a tire rolled into the infield grass from pit road and NASCAR waited 5 laps to throw the yellow.

2016 race at Chicago, a tire rolled into the infield grass from pit road and the yellow was thrown almost immediately right in the middle of a pit cycle.

Today, NASCAR waited 10 laps for the same scenario.

tenor.gif
best show ever!!!!!!!

The best one for me was when Hamlin ran out of talent and smacked the wall. What was puzzeling was no flats, nothing fell off Hamlin got down on the apron and then Nascar threw the caution. I thought the pits would be closed, but Hamlin came in, got serviced and came out on the lead lap go figure. I'm calling it the Nascar Toyota caution. Two fer one bonehead

Back
Top Bottom