Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kentucky Speedway for not refunding fans turned away

• Kentucky Speedway for statements like "the number of cars" were the problem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Kentucky Speedway gets this hands down... perhaps bonehead of the year.

Turning fans away, nine hour traffic backup, lack of parking, lack of facilities ... ridiculous considering Kentucky Speedway begged, even sued NASCAR, to get this race for eight years now.

A driver could do the stupidest thing on the track next lap and it won't top this.

Bruton Smith: 20,000 fans didn't make it to the race...

Kentucky Speedway general manager: It wasn't number of fans that overwhelmed us, it was number of cars.

Uh, how did they expect fans to get there? Did they think the fans would put on a blue jumpsuit and red cape and fly there? Good grief.

Watching the race on TV, not one thing was said about the traffic situation. With about 100 laps to go, I could see police lights and a big line of traffic outside of turn 3. My first thought was there seemed to be a lot of people leaving early. But after seeing Andy's comments, I got on Twitter and saw LOTS of complaining about the traffic situation. If they were this unprepared, huge bonehead goes to them.

The sickening part was hearing that 22,000 fans were turned away.

Kentucky's been hosting NASCAR races for ten years and they've begged, even sued, to get this race for eight years. There is not one thing Bruton Smith can say, Kentucky Speedway ****ed up.

Just now reading that fans who were turned away were not refunded is even more sickening. Actually, it's infuriating.

When asked if fans who didn't get in will get refunds, KY Speedway general manager Mark Simendinger said, "We're going to look at what [we'll] do. I've got to get back and get all the facts - how many people we are talking about, what happened."

A simple "Yes" would've worked :mad::bazooka:

BRING BACK ROCKINGHAM!

They didn't have enough food or beverages at the concession stands for fans... and didn't let fans bring coolers in to the track?

The more and more I hear about this, the more this race sounds like a total failure. Race was boring as hell from start to finish to go on top of the misery.

My vote goes to Andy. My GOD! The moaning, whichin and complaining NEVER stops. I'd put him on ignore, but then there'd be nothing to read. This thread alone, 7 of the 11 posts were Andy:tomato:

Brian Vickers (his words, not mine):

Thanks to all the great fans for coming out tonight. I apologize on behalf of our sport for all the traffic problems, It was unacceptable bull****!

Yikes. Sounds like the tip of the iceberg.

Ron Hornaday - you're off the hook. Well, with us, anyways, and besides the four trucks you wrecked, of course.

Kind of embarrassing for Bruton Smith, who has been in the racing business all of his life, to have a event and be so ill prepared. Poo poo on you Bruton, sound like you need Humpy back.

I can see a guy who loves racing with all his heart. But the wife just tolerates.

Then it happens " honey there's a race in our area now, let's take the kids, you're going to love seeing it in person".

But after enduring traffic hell for the 2nd time on the way home, missing most of the racing, walking an hour each way from parking to the track, he feels like an idiot.

Now he's stuck in line waiting to finish the day. The kids need to pee, and he does too, but their stuck in an endless line. The gas gauge is low too.....

He knows he lost today, he knows that he set up a miserable day for the wife and kids. Now she has a lot of good reasons to genuinely hate the sport. She doesn't complain much, but he's never going to ask her to consider a 2nd race.

Maybe they thought fans would teleport there! Or carpool, you know, 20 fans per car. :rolleyes:

Now if only more fans would have used carpooling, then things woulda been way better.
Mark appreciated their efforts and even welcomed them to the track...:D

Car Pooler.jpg

Back
Top Bottom