Bonehead of the Week: Kentucky

Okay ,cool , I got you. You're talking about what they say ..AFTER the race . I was talking about what they say BEFORE the race . I always hear them say they want to win , and if they can't , they need at least a top five . After the race , instead of whineing about losing the race , I hear them trying to trying a put a good face on it and calling it a good points day . Thanks Fender .

No, not just after they get out of the car. How do you come up with this stuff?

Drivers hanging back just trying to make the chase? You think :eek: Then again, if a driver gets agressive, he/she will get crucified anyway so I say go out and put your foot to the ******* floor and let the chips fall.

I think there are a lot of drivers like maybe Jeff Gordon, who need as many wins a possible to get a wild card birth . But they are still just riding around ?

I find it hard to believe, other than the s&p's, that there's anyone just riding around out there. Nobody can convince me otherwise. There are some that have the equipment and many that don't but I think every one of them out there want to win. How can you be a race car driver and not be competitive by nature?

I think there are a lot of drivers like maybe Jeff Gordon, who need as many wins a possible to get a wild card birth . But they are still just riding around ?

I think to a point, yes he is. I don't know about anyone else but I remember the days when Gordon was one the most aggressive drivers on the track and made no apologies for that. Times have changed and drivers change with them, I suppose.

Stewart didn't win the cup last year by riding around but he did get into the chase that way.

I 'll say it slower for you Fender . Gordon can't points race , he needs wins to make the chase . About thirty three others do too .:D
Of those 33 only 10 will have a chance and of those 10 they'd better win at least 2 races to get their shot.

Here's what some of the drivers had to say back in June about points racing:

Denny Hamlin attributed the decline in cautions to NASCAR’s points, saying after the race that “everyone is minding their Ps and Qs, trying to get the best finish out of their day, knowing the one thing you can't overcome in a race is a crash.”

“There is not a point system that NASCAR can devise that is going to make us go out there and wreck racecars,” Roush Fenway Racing driver Carl Edwards said. “There is nothing positive out of wrecking a racecar. It hurts your chances at winning the race, which is all of our No. 1 goal when we come to the racetrack.

But Hendrick Motorsports driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. went along with part of Hamlin’s theory. He said drivers can’t wreck or they’ll lose their jobs more quickly now than in the past. And the points system, he said, does have something to do with it.
“Points racing has been around for a while, but the penalty for finishing last versus the old system is a lot tougher than it was,” Earnhardt said. “Everybody is not really settling for second-place points or third-place points and not racing hard for the win, you’re just trying for the majority of the races to not wreck yourself into a 30th- or 35th-place finish.

Full article here http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/...ecks-points-racing-carl-edwards-dale-earnhard

Teddy boy, did Denny and Jr speak slow enough for you? :p
Okay , you win Fender , I'll read it again and try and find the part where they say they aren't trying to win. But you are so much better at reading between the lines , maybe you can point that out.

Just a guy with eyes and common sense. You should try it.

1) Bowyer was right on Joeys quarter panel.
2) Newman got a huge run on Joey, so it's not like Joey was holding Neman up for a few laps.
3) [here's the slam dunk] Newman took full responsability.

I sure hope Newman is enough of a driver on your 'world renowed' list for you to actually accept his take on the situation rather than your 'world renowned' analysis. :rolleyes:

BTW, here's Ryan Newmans comments on the incedent:
"He [Logano] lost control in the middle of [Turns] 3 and 4. I got into the back of him on accident, but I mean that is part of it. He lost control in the first place," Newman said. "I went to go drive around the outside of him and I don't know if he was halfway blocking me or what. ... Then he raced me really poorly and lack of respect-wise. That doesn't go very far with me, you can see from my past I react to that.
"He's got a few things to learn and I'm going to have to be the one who teaches him."

Okay , you win Fender , I'll read it again and try and find the part where they say they aren't trying to win. But you are so much better at reading between the lines , maybe you can point that out.

You've gone and gotten yourself all confused again, and I don't have time or patience to straighten you out. If you want to get back on track, go back to where this all started and READ through.

First page, post #37.

I, for one, think this points system, SUCKS ASS. We used to see good hard racing because people had a reason to run fast and run hard. Now, it's a bunch of: Don't give the points away by trying something. Unless you are Clint bowyer, at Martinsville.

BTW, here's Ryan Newmans comments on the incedent:
"He [Logano] lost control in the middle of [Turns] 3 and 4. I got into the back of him on accident, but I mean that is part of it. He lost control in the first place," Newman said. "I went to go drive around the outside of him and I don't know if he was halfway blocking me or what. ... Then he raced me really poorly and lack of respect-wise. That doesn't go very far with me, you can see from my past I react to that.
"He's got a few things to learn and I'm going to have to be the one who teaches him."

Newman "I got into the back of him on accident". Newman also tried to sell that "Logano got sideways and I guess he slid into the 15".

Bowyer said 'Newman never knows how to race this time of year'.

Flflash, I think it's time to concede that this wasn't Logano's fault. You're starting to sound desperate by quoting Newmans excuses as facts.

Newman "I got into the back of him on accident". Newman also tried to sell that "Logano got sideways and I guess he slid into the 15".

Bowyer said 'Newman never knows how to race this time of year'.

Flflash, I think it's time to concede that this wasn't Logano's fault. You're starting to sound desperate by quoting Newmans excuses as facts.

Interesting how selectively you read that qoute :laugh: and even embelished on it.

Whatever you say FenderBumper You are the Greatest in your Mind!

Interesting how selectively you read that qoute :laugh: and even embelished on it.

Whatever you say FenderBumper You are the Greatest in your Mind!

Embelish? Err, I saw the entire video of all his comments. Did you? Posting snippets to try and prove an invalid point just doesn't work around here.

Carry on with your "Joey needs to learn how to get out of the way" theory. :rolleyes:

Embelish? Err, I saw the entire video of all his comments. Did you? Posting snippets to try and prove an invalid point just doesn't work around here.

Carry on with your "Joey needs to learn how to get out of the way" theory. :rolleyes:

Apparently you missed my post with the link to the entire article: "The above newman qoute was taken from this article: http://www.nascar.com/news/120701/tstewart-rnewman-shr-struggles-kentucky/index.html"
In my post of the "snippet" Newman say's Logano lost it in three and four and was out of control basicly, I take that to mean that Logano needs to learn how to drive, how to get out of the way OR ( this is a qoute from Newman also same article read it ) "He's got a few things to learn and I'm going to have to be the one who teaches him." Newmans going to TEACH Him.

I think back to Joey getting into Newman last year, and what Newman said about Carl getting into him this year. "I trusted Carl, and now he can't trust me". I think Newman paid Joey back, and I'm fine with that. Joey screwed him last year by being too agressive, and now he knows. I think Joey cursing Newman over the radio may have gotten Newmans blood a little hot too.

The only thing I'm pissed about is that Newmans actions cost Bowyer. If anyone owes payback, it's Bowyer to Newman.

Back
Top Bottom