Bonehead of the Week: Loudon and Richmond

Who gets bonehead for Loudon?

• Montoya for mouthing himself a $50,000 penalty (at the least)

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • McMurray for wrecking Junyer AND teammate David Ragan

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Steve Addington for pitting in a race Wild Thing could've won.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Tony Stewart, Zippy - 2 tires costing him 6 spots.

• Kasey Kahne for wrecking Aric Almirola when Aric gave him plenty of room.

• NASCAR, for not penalizing SKurt for dragging parts around the track.

• Total voters
D

Digger

Early nominee: AJ Foyt IV, blocked John Andretti, crashed and wrecked out his teammate in the process.

i would nominate marty roth some how he got his car that was 5 laps down in between 2nd and 3rd and was way off the pace so behind him the field accordiand and caused the 5 car crash

I thought we were only doing NASCAR since this is the NASCAR section?!? :confused:

I thought we were only doing NASCAR since this is the NASCAR section?!? :confused:

to be fair, no one objected to Andy having listed the concrete wall at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park causing NHRA driver Kalitta's death last week.

i_willl_keep_spanking_until_1.jpg

Well to keep in line with Andy's thinking the winner of the bonehead of the week is a German army training officer instructing a green recruit in the proper use of a machine gun tells him to imagine himself in the Bronx.
kittywithmachinegun.gif

Ok, it's actually over a year old and it's a lame-o attempt of trying to make a point... :eek:

Kasey Kahne, for wrecking Almirola.

Todd Berrier, minor adjustments when Harvick said the car needed major adjustments.

All the drivers who pitted with 86 to go, impossible to make it from there, rain coming.

JAMIE MCMURRAY, WITHOUT DOUBT, wins this award.:rolleyes:

Frickin' one man wreck show.

Add in Tony and Zippy, 2 tires when everyone else took fuel only.

I nominate mcmurray.

honorable mention to anyone who pitted right before the rain with tony.

Um...I guess Junior slamming the brakes w/no signal, two tires in the groove is not at fault at all ?? Gimme a break...No way for McMurray to avoid that.

I just saw the best post my AML ever.....
This message is hidden because AndyMarquisLIVE is on your ignore list.

:D:beerbang::eek:

Your guy's in 20th.:(
Like I care. He's the first person with the nerve to give back what KYB's been dishing out all year.:D

And notice how Wild Thing didn't like it. I wonder if he learned his lesson today.:D

The 20 team, for taking 2 tires when everyone else that pitted took gas only wehn rain was imminent. Opposite of the bonhead move though, was the brilliant call by the top 3 finishers to stay out.

Um...I guess Junior slamming the brakes w/no signal, two tires in the groove is not at fault at all ?? Gimme a break...No way for McMurray to avoid that.

Have you ever watched people pit there? That's how everyone pits. Damn, even McMurray admitted he was watching the guy to his outide instead of in front of himself. We'll never know if Jr signalled or not, but the trick is to go as fast as you can getting to the commitment cone, but still being able to slow down in time. There's no other way to do that than the way Jr did. (but I guess if you really, really hate Jr, then it's all his fault.....no matter what.)

Have you ever watched people pit there? That's how everyone pits. Damn, even McMurray admitted he was watching the guy to his outide instead of in front of himself. We'll never know if Jr signalled or not, but the trick is to go as fast as you can getting to the commitment cone, but still being able to slow down in time. There's no other way to do that than the way Jr did. (but I guess if you really, really hate Jr, then it's all his fault.....no matter what.)
Agreed. Junyer did nothing wrong there.

But you've got the gist of things on here, no matter what, it's Junyer's fault.;)

Add in Tony and Zippy, 2 tires when everyone else took fuel only.

That didn't matter because 9 cars stayed out. Even if they took fuel only, they are still 10th when the race goes back to green. It was a bad move, but that didn't cost them the race.

Here should be the nominees:

From the Nationwide race - Bobby Hamliton Jr. for dumping the 5 car.

From the Cup race - Kahne for wrecking the 8. He actually hit him twice.

Junior for being 2 lanes above the bottom groove when pitting.

McMurray for still not paying attention.

Montoya for wrecking the 18 under caution.

I don't hate junior at all...I'm not sure he would have even made the cone after rewinding the dvr & rewatching it...again, no way for JM to avoid that IMO. They are both at fault.

I vote to ban bonehead of the week because nobody can agree on the bonehead move, like how in the hell can u blame jr. when everybody gets off that way on a green flag pit stop.

I vote to ban bonehead of the week because nobody can agree on the bonehead move, like how in the hell can u blame jr. when everybody gets off that way on a green flag pit stop.

LOL ...i'd have to say that was a racing incident but Montoya hitting Kyle after the caution came out and spinning him could of taken out at least 4 or 5 other guys. Dumb move , Montoya should be parked for a week , no need for that kind of crap.

Yeah, really the bonehead move that brought out that caution (whomever you decide to lay blame on) did nothing but set up the end of the race for the way it ended.

how in the hell can u blame jr. when everybody gets off that way on a green flag pit stop.
Easily. The Junyer Haters and Wild Thing Lovers will blame Junyer for the great Iowa flood of 2008 if you gave them the microphone to do it. :rolleyes:

Did Montoya say something stupid after the race? I turned it off when the rain started.

Did Montoya say something stupid after the race? I turned it off when the rain started.

OK, can't get the link to the exact video to work, but if you go to www.nascar.com there's a video about 2 sides to every story. Basically, JPM said he was sick of Kyle bumping into him all the time so he did it on purpose since he was doing it to him, and Kyle said he didn't know what JPM's problem was and Nascar and probably "they" should do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom