Bonehead of the Week: Loudon II

Two parter: Almendiger for the white flag spin, and Nascar for waiting until the leader was coming out of 4 before they threw the yellow for a car stopped on the front straight. Remember, it was at this track for a very similar incident, tht brought us the rule of not racing to the line.

Jr was really dissapointed after the race. Reutimann is starting to drive like Mikey.

Yeah, there may have ben worse moves in the race but I will give Reutimann the stinkeroo.

Two parter: Almendiger for the white flag spin, and Nascar for waiting until the leader was coming out of 4 before they threw the yellow for a car stopped on the front straight. Remember, it was at this track for a very similar incident, tht brought us the rule of not racing to the line.

Did ESPN ever show a replay of this spin?

Like they should have done at Daytona a couple of years ago. I guess Mark got payed back. NOT!

Like they should have done at Daytona a couple of years ago. I guess Mark got payed back. NOT!

That's old news, but that call of not calling the yellow was the correct call of those circumstances, not these. Calling a yellow then wouldn't have done a damn thing. Cars were allready bouncing off everyone anyway, and the yellow wouldn't have done any good. AND, even if there are cars stopped on the front strethc, the leaders had already crossed the finish line. By the time they got back to the start finish line, the race was long over, and no one was even racing anymore.

In today's case, there was a dead car in the middle of the front stretch, with the leaders STILL RACING coming out of turn 4.

That's old news, but that call of not calling the yellow was the correct call of those circumstances, not these. Calling a yellow then wouldn't have done a damn thing. Cars were allready bouncing off everyone anyway, and the yellow wouldn't have done any good. AND, even if there are cars stopped on the front strethc, the leaders had already crossed the finish line. By the time they got back to the start finish line, the race was long over, and no one was even racing anymore.

In today's case, there was a dead car in the middle of the front stretch, with the leaders STILL RACING coming out of turn 4.

I guess I remember it differently. Clint Boyer was upside down and crossed the start finish line ahead of the leaders and could have easily been killed.

I guess I remember it differently. Clint Boyer was upside down and crossed the start finish line ahead of the leaders and could have easily been killed.

now, that happened beinhd the leaders. He was upside down, yes, but by the time he was actually upside down, half the field was passed him...

As a reminder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQMK9OQUG90

But that's a 2 year old argument:D

Reutimann for wrecking Junior.

Darrien Grubb for waiting too long to fix the hub cover. Had they done it earlier instead of staying out, he could have had a top 5 finish.

Man, there were a lot of canidates for Bonehead this week.

At first I thought I'd nominate the #44, #20, #11, and #00 for hitting everything but the pace car.

But then I remembered Kevin Harvick during the closing laps of the truck race. What an ass! Telling his own teammate (who's racing for a championship and lost last year by one position) to move out of the way because Harvick is the boss and he wants to win? When he's not even a regular in the series? Then to top it off he calls a team meeting for right after the race with everyone from both teams?

Seriously, WTF Harvick?

:youliketh

Reutiman made a big bonehead move, But my vote goes to Nascar for not throwing that last yellow earlier. If they thought the track might clear that is not sticking on the side of saftey.
Nascar needs to practice what they preach.

I'll say the 9 cars engine shop. That is no way to start the chase.

David Reutiman just became one of my favorite drivers of all time, at least this week anyway.

Montoya for his arrogant comments after the race. If he were a foot taller he may just be a candidate for perfect idiot.

Jr was really dissapointed after the race. Reutimann is starting to drive like Mikey.

Yeah, there may have ben worse moves in the race but I will give Reutimann the stinkeroo.

Yeah he was but Dale needs to work on his interview skills. Most of the ones I have seen of him are terrible. He doesnt seem to have a whole lot of tact. And in this interview when he said something to the effect of there is a lack of talent out there, I laughed. I thought..."look who's talking, an average driver making comments like that..:D

I gotta go with the #00 for taking out Jr and Nascar for not throwing a caution when the front stretch was blocked and almost causing a wreck at the finish line.

Yeah he was but Dale needs to work on his interview skills. Most of the ones I have seen of him are terrible. He doesnt seem to have a whole lot of tact. And in this interview when he said something to the effect of there is a lack of talent out there, I laughed. I thought..."look who's talking, an average driver making comments like that..:D

I laughed because one of his teammates was calling him names over his radio for almost getting into him several times earlier in the race. All I could think of was, "Look who's talking now! It didn't matter when you were loose and almost taking out your teammate."

I give the bonehead move to NASCAR for the late caution flag. Someone could have really been hurt. They were lucky. I could give it to Hamlin for all the ones he did, but I can't count all of them. I thought for sure someone was going to get into it with him. He would have deserved it.

I laughed because one of his teammates was calling him names over his radio for almost getting into him several times earlier in the race. All I could think of was, "Look who's talking now! It didn't matter when you were loose and almost taking out your teammate."

I give the bonehead move to NASCAR for the late caution flag. Someone could have really been hurt. They were lucky. I could give it to Hamlin for all the ones he did, but I can't count all of them. I thought for sure someone was going to get into it with him. He would have deserved it.

Hamlin hit everything except the pace car yesterday. But that's just how he drives.

Are you sure that wasn't Johnson? He got into Jeff Gordon more than once, and almost took them both out along with Earnhardt who was racing right behind them.

That would have been a huge epic fail for Johnson. Taking out himself and two teammates in one crash? That must be some kind of new record.

But to be fair, everyone was loose today. That's just the way the track is. I didn't see Earnhardt get into anyone (and I was glued to the TV the whole time). But they didn't have the cameras focused on him unless he was running up front, so it's possible.

Are you sure that wasn't Johnson? He got into Jeff Gordon more than once, and almost took them both out along with Earnhardt who was racing right behind them.

That would have been a huge epic fail for Johnson. Taking out himself and two teammates in one crash? That must be some kind of new record.

But to be fair, everyone was loose today. That's just the way the track is. I didn't see Earnhardt get into anyone (and I was glued to the TV the whole time). But they didn't have the cameras focused on him unless he was running up front, so it's possible.

Actually, it was not on the screen, but those watching Raceview could see what was going on. I might have missed what Jeff had to say about Jimmie since I got up a few times and missed some of the radio. Let's just say, Jeff called Jr a name no one has ever heard him call anyone! LOL It took those of us listening a bit to figure out who it was, but those w/Raceview filled us in. Then again, Jeff was super pissed off at his car. He had a great first run and after that first pit, it all went to hell no matter what they did. That's the thing about the COT. One tiny bit off on an adjustment can turn it into junk. The 24 pit crew didn't do him any favors either. They were really bad yesterday. It has to be frustrating to have a car you feel like you can win with and then have it adjusted and turn into a piece of junk.

But you're right, everyone was loose and had no drive-off. It could have been anyone. I just know Jr was doing something that made Jeff really angry. So angry that people who have been listening to him for years were surprised because he's never called anyone that before. ;)

Back
Top Bottom