Bonehead of the Week: Memphis/Martinsville

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
NASCAR for not penalizing Keselowski after he caused a third accident.

NASCAR for not throwing the caution for Andretti's spin.

Elliott Sadler for spinning Andretti after he, coincidentally I'm sure:rolleyes:, was pissed at him a few weeks ago.

Joey Logano for taking a cheap shot and wrecking Allmendinger.

I'm calling NASCAR on failing, again, to throw a caution with a car stopped at the finish line. Yea, they say they want to let 'em race, but theu need to be consistent, especially when it comes to safety.

NASCAR for not penalizing Keselowski after he caused a third accident.

NASCAR for not throwing the caution for Andretti's spin.

Elliott Sadler for spinning Andretti after he, coincidentally I'm sure:rolleyes:, was pissed at him a few weeks ago.

Joey Logano for taking a cheap shot and wrecking Allmendinger.

All of the above :D

I'm going with "Joey Logano for taking a cheap shot and wrecking Allmendinger". There is short track racing and then there is just being a dick and Logano was being a dick. If he had a car that could have won the race then I would have been "all for it Joey, get to the front, win this race". But the guy was hovering in the teens all day, had a so-so car to match his so-so talent and got uptight that Dinger bumped him a few times. Thats short track racing Joey, maybe you should have gotten the hell out of his way.

I'd go for Nascar for not throwing the caution AGAIN. Kez should have been called on "rough driving."

Nascar for not putting Brian Kez in the back for rough driving. For not throwing the caution when a car was in the MIDDLE of the track, and for not even giving JJ a warning for his slow starts that almost caused a crash.

And for David Stremme for hitting everything but the pace car.

yeah the big one is not throwing the caution with andretti sitting backwards on the finish line... but I think JJ brake checking on the restart should be called out as well.... dumb to say na$car is not playing favorites

If John stayed on the bottom and not pulled up it would of been ok. I am glad NASCAR did not put the yellow out. Let them race, a race ended under yellow is BS anyway. Line them back up and keep going tell it ends under green

Logano for dumping the Dinger.

Honorable mention to NASCAR for not penalizing Johnson for speeding on pit road.

I will have to go for Nascar not throwing the caution with a car sitting backward at start/finish line.

NASCAR for not throwing the caution with a car stopped on the start/finish. I know they're trying to make a good finish for the fans, but what happened to safety first? They should have thrown it when the cars entered turn 3.

As far as Kez being too aggressive, I'll let this quote speak for my opinion:

"You get in there, and you stand your ground. Sometimes it comes out bad, but sometimes you win races too." - Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Logano for dumping the Dinger.

Honorable mention to NASCAR for not penalizing Johnson for speeding on pit road.

Yeah I forgot about that but of course Nascar made an excuse for him.

Sounded more like Jimmie and Chad found another gray area in NASCAR's rulebook.

But, I agree. Any other driver would've been penalized.

Sounded more like Jimmie and Chad found another gray area in NASCAR's rulebook.

But, I agree. Any other driver would've been penalized.

They can't be penalized if they can't be clocked. That Chad, or whoever, has figured out the pit box to be in so Jimmie can speed to the 1st timing line is genius. Any of the other teams could do it, except maybe those in the pits at the beginning or end of a time line.

They can't be penalized if they can't be clocked. That Chad, or whoever, has figured out the pit box to be in so Jimmie can speed to the 1st timing line is genius. Any of the other teams could do it, except maybe those in the pits at the beginning or end of a time line.

The real question is, how long does it take NASCAR to close this loophole?

I agree though, Chad Knaus is a genius. That's as slick as the time Jeff Burton waited 'til the last lap to pit in the Winston Select a few years back.

NASCAR for not throwing the caution with a car stopped on the start/finish. I know they're trying to make a good finish for the fans, but what happened to safety first? They should have thrown it when the cars entered turn 3.

As far as Kez being too aggressive, I'll let this quote speak for my opinion:

"You get in there, and you stand your ground. Sometimes it comes out bad, but sometimes you win races too." - Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Personally, I think there's a difference between standing your ground and what kez is doing. I thinkg he has two muddied:cool:

Finally, someone on this board understands how the timing works. Johnson's team didn't do anything new yesterday and they are not the only ones that realize this. This is the same thing that has made pit #1 be important all along.

I'm calling NASCAR on failing, again, to throw a caution with a car stopped at the finish line. Yea, they say they want to let 'em race, but theu need to be consistent, especially when it comes to safety.

Saw that at NHMS with Dale Jarrett.So they implement the caution "freeze".
Well,it happened twice this year,on the last lap at 2 Chase tracks.
Those cars are sitting ducks out there,and yet no cautions,I don't understand

Personally, I think there's a difference between standing your ground and what kez is doing. I thinkg he has two muddied:cool:

I think people tend to have fuzzy memories about how Earnhardt drove. Kez reminded me more than once on Saturday of how Earnhardt used to drive.

There's another thread on the subject, but there used to be a time when a driver would do exactly what Brad did and not be one bit sorry about it. Now it's all about saying you're sorry as soon as you exit the car in victory lane.

I'm not the least bit sorry he spun a few people. In fact, I commend him for it. We need more drivers like that. Brad still has his balls. The other 42 drivers need to check the lost & found for theirs.

I'm going with "Joey Logano for taking a cheap shot and wrecking Allmendinger". There is short track racing and then there is just being a dick and Logano was being a dick. If he had a car that could have won the race then I would have been "all for it Joey, get to the front, win this race". But the guy was hovering in the teens all day, had a so-so car to match his so-so talent and got uptight that Dinger bumped him a few times. Thats short track racing Joey, maybe you should have gotten the hell out of his way.

That so-so talent has beat your buddy Kyle 4 out of 5 times this year in the NW Series....Joey might had did something dumb but the kid has talent...

I'd go with Nascar on all the crap they did during the Cup race.

My selection goes to Kurt Busch trying to take out half his pit crew on his crappy pit stop. Nice shot of the rear tire changer throwing the air wrench after the stop! :eek:

My selection goes to Kurt Busch trying to take out half his pit crew on his crappy pit stop. Nice shot of the rear tire changer throwing the air wrench after the stop! :eek:

That was a Kodak moment!!!

Sure to be on TWINS tonight on SPEED. Interesting to see if Mikey touches on the subject of the "accident" he was involved in!!!!

Kurt should have got a stern talking to after that. Once again he can act like he's changed but he's still the little cry baby dick he always was.

My second nomination is for Bob Griese's taco remark about Juan Pablo Montoya. Apparently ESPN agrees as he's now been suspended for a weekend..... http://www.thatsracin.com/140/story/21401.html

I'm glad he got suspended. That was just plain stupid of Griese. Hell, even Tony Stewart knows burritos > tacos.

101309Empanada%20night.jpg

Man, all this talk of tacos and burritos is making me hungry!

And it's not even 9:00 yet!

The Griese thing is a joke.
Had Spielman asked, "Where's Jeff Gordon?", and Griese replied, "He's out having a cheeseburger.", this wouldn't have been an issue.
Incidentally, tacos aren't even Colombian cuisine.

Incidentally, tacos aren't even Colombian cuisine.

If I was Griese, I'd be more embarrassed about showing his cultural ignorance than any kind of vaguely racial statement.

His statement does more to confirm the "dumb jock" stereotypes of football than it does any thing else.

You can agree or disagree about ESPN's stance on Griese's comments but like it or not, that's the world that we all live in today.

Wouldnt it have been ironic if someone had asked where JPM was when Griese made said statement, and he was in fact enjoying a taco, watching the tOSU/Minnesota game, and wondering to himself how Griese was privy to such information?

Now if Griese had said "probably off trafficking cocaine" then I could see some outrage.

Back
Top Bottom