Bonehead of the week: Milwaukee, Sonoma race weekend

Who deserves "Bonehead of the Week" award?

• Carl Edwards for wrecking David Stremee and "moving" Clint Bowyer for the win at Milwaukee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 wins in 2006, a Brickyard 400, and a Daytona 500. He's good.

Childress, as a whole, is struggling. I, personally, would like to see someone other than Todd Berrier on the pit box on the 29 car. I've never liked Berrier as a crew chief, seems he and Harvick always want to play it safe. Instead of trying to get a top 5 here and there, they'd rather finish 20th. :rolleyes:

Then there was the Bristol race. Harvick should've won that. Instead, he got impatient and Busch'd Stewart.

It's a bad sign though when Harvick doesn't even content for a top-5 at Richmond. That's his best track and he lucked into a 6th place finish with a 9th place car b/c of Hamlin being a bonehead and Wild Thing doing what he does best.

This has been a really frustrating season, and I'm a huge Harvick fan. But, the pit road fukcups, the on-track collissions, and Todd Berrier's horrible calls are getting old......FAST.:mad:

Oh, and don't even get me started on Fontana last year.

I can't wait until Joey Logano gets into Cup. I just don't see Harvick staying around too long if he keeps finishing 20th while his teammates win races and get top five finishes consistently.

Wow, I didn't know that Logano was going to RCR. I just knew Gibbs would find a place for Joey. But I can understand that Harvick may quit anyways once he sees how good Logano is. Heck, a bunch of them may quit. Why would they want to never EVAR have a chance...

Wow, I didn't know that Logano was going to RCR. I just knew Gibbs would find a place for Joey. But I can understand that Harvick may quit anyways once he sees how good Logano is. Heck, a bunch of them may quit. Why would they want to never EVAR have a chance...

I think Andy was saying he's a fan of Joeys, not Joey going to RCR

Oh, I'm sure you're right but re-read what I bolded. He can't wait until Logano gets into Cup and he can't see Harvick staying around with his teammates having Top 5 finishes. The inference could easily be read into his statement... :D

Bp's just doing what he does best - taking quotes out of context.

You're right, I said I can't wait for Joey to get into Cup.

The other part of the statement was that Harvick's got to do something. He's the only RCR driver without a win, and only two top-five finishes.

Kyle Busch has more wins than Harvick does top-ten finishes. This has been a terrible season for Harvick.

:rolleyes:

Watching from the stands....that my friend was 2 kids fighting for the lead. Nothing more.

and what I saw from my recliner was one kid slammin in the side of the leader kid thus ruining that kids night

5 wins in 2006, a Brickyard 400, and a Daytona 500. He's good.

Childress, as a whole, is struggling. I, personally, would like to see someone other than Todd Berrier on the pit box on the 29 car. I've never liked Berrier as a crew chief, seems he and Harvick always want to play it safe. Instead of trying to get a top 5 here and there, they'd rather finish 20th. :rolleyes:

Then there was the Bristol race. Harvick should've won that. Instead, he got impatient and Busch'd Stewart.

It's a bad sign though when Harvick doesn't even content for a top-5 at Richmond. That's his best track and he lucked into a 6th place finish with a 9th place car b/c of Hamlin being a bonehead and Wild Thing doing what he does best.

This has been a really frustrating season, and I'm a huge Harvick fan. But, the pit road fukcups, the on-track collissions, and Todd Berrier's horrible calls are getting old......FAST.:mad:

I'll have to break this one down, because I just disagree. I don't think he's an elite driver, nor has ever been one.
First off, five wins in 2006 is great..unfortunately, three of those came on pit strategy(like most of his victories). Sans New Hampshire & Phoenix part 2, he shouldn't have won anything that year...the other 3 were gifts. Indy was a nice win, again, he didn;t dominate anyone...just in the right place at the right time, just like Daytona. In fact, he's been pretty darm mediocre his whole carreer, with exception of his first win at Chicago , and the previously mentioned 2 2006 wins.
Now to the playing safe...really??? Berrier is an admitted cheat in the worst way, I don't call that OR Harvicks out of control driving style "safe".
Harvick should have won Bristol, but Busched Stewart...so, he pulled his normal idiot antics on the track & cost himself a victory ?? Wow, I guess he IS just that good !! To campare Harvick to either of the busch brothers is ridiculous...Kurt is a champion & kyle can flat out drive about anyone on the track.
As far as collisions, pit strategy,etc goes...that affects everybody. Any driver can use the "what ifs" on a weekly basis.
The only think KH has done consistently is to be inconsistent...he has made a living out of playing the tough guy ( has yet to back this up), and and trying to be the funny interviewee before races...He IS a personallity, I'll give him that, but "he's good"??? I think not. I also nominate him the Bonehead of the Career Award.

I'll have to break this one down, because I just disagree. I don't think he's an elite driver, nor has ever been one.
First off, five wins in 2006 is great..unfortunately, three of those came on pit strategy(like most of his victories). Sans New Hampshire & Phoenix part 2, he shouldn't have won anything that year...the other 3 were gifts. Indy was a nice win, again, he didn;t dominate anyone...just in the right place at the right time, just like Daytona. In fact, he's been pretty darm mediocre his whole carreer, with exception of his first win at Chicago , and the previously mentioned 2 2006 wins.
Now to the playing safe...really??? Berrier is an admitted cheat in the worst way, I don't call that OR Harvicks out of control driving style "safe".
Harvick should have won Bristol, but Busched Stewart...so, he pulled his normal idiot antics on the track & cost himself a victory ?? Wow, I guess he IS just that good !! To campare Harvick to either of the busch brothers is ridiculous...Kurt is a champion & kyle can flat out drive about anyone on the track.
As far as collisions, pit strategy,etc goes...that affects everybody. Any driver can use the "what ifs" on a weekly basis.
The only think KH has done consistently is to be inconsistent...he has made a living out of playing the tough guy ( has yet to back this up), and and trying to be the funny interviewee before races...He IS a personallity, I'll give him that, but "he's good"??? I think not. I also nominate him the Bonehead of the Career Award.
New Hampshire 2006 - led every practice, scored the pole, dominated the race to win.

Phoenix 2006 (fall) - led the most laps and won.

And you can't say he won Richmond off pit strategy. He was there. He LOST the race in the Spring to pit strategy. He had a 2nd place car most of the race in the fall and the car clicked late and he was the best car at the end of the race. Got around Wild Thing (without wrecking him, can't say Kyle would've done the same) with 2 to go. That was a thrilling finish.

Daytona, let's see, he came from 34th to 1st in 20 laps to win.

Atlanta 2001 - he led the most laps en route to victory.

Indianapolis - still the only driver to win the Brickyard 400 from the pole. He was in the top five all race long.

Bristol 2005 - he didn't win that on pit strategy. Biffle just made a bonehead move and didn't pit when everyone else did. Harvick led over 120 laps en route to that win.

There were a ton of races he should've won in 2003. Lost Darlington when Terry Labonte stayed out. Lost Richmond because Ricky Rudd wrecked him. Lost Bristol because he wasn't willing to wreck someone for the win. Actually Bristol 2003, Sterling Marlin had the dominant car and Skurt wrecked him for the win after slamming Biffle out of his way.

I guess that 4th place in points in 2003 and 2006 were given to him by good pit strategy......:rolleyes:

Harvick's also tied for second in most Nationwide Series wins (and has accomplished that in under 8 years). I guess Mark Martin's a mediocre driver as well, right?:rolleyes:

Kurt is a champion, but it doesn't mean I have to call him a great driver. He's good, at best. Too bad half of his wins have come from wrecking other drivers (Bristol, on more than one occassion).

Kurt is a champion, but it doesn't mean I have to call him a great driver. He's good, at best. Too bad half of his wins have come from wrecking other drivers (Bristol, on more than one occassion).

Andy, you're going to have to come to grips sooner or later that accidents do occur in auto racing, especially NASCAR.
Take a rest, man.

Andy, you're going to have to come to grips sooner or later that accidents do occur in auto racing, especially NASCAR.
Take a rest, man.
it's not an accident when the bumper is used forcfully and purposely.

New Hampshire 2006 - led every practice, scored the pole, dominated the race to win.

Phoenix 2006 (fall) - led the most laps and won.

And you can't say he won Richmond off pit strategy. He was there. He LOST the race in the Spring to pit strategy. He had a 2nd place car most of the race in the fall and the car clicked late and he was the best car at the end of the race. Got around Wild Thing (without wrecking him, can't say Kyle would've done the same) with 2 to go. That was a thrilling finish.

Daytona, let's see, he came from 34th to 1st in 20 laps to win.

Atlanta 2001 - he led the most laps en route to victory.

Indianapolis - still the only driver to win the Brickyard 400 from the pole. He was in the top five all race long.

Bristol 2005 - he didn't win that on pit strategy. Biffle just made a bonehead move and didn't pit when everyone else did. Harvick led over 120 laps en route to that win.

There were a ton of races he should've won in 2003. Lost Darlington when Terry Labonte stayed out. Lost Richmond because Ricky Rudd wrecked him. Lost Bristol because he wasn't willing to wreck someone for the win. Actually Bristol 2003, Sterling Marlin had the dominant car and Skurt wrecked him for the win after slamming Biffle out of his way.

I guess that 4th place in points in 2003 and 2006 were given to him by good pit strategy......:rolleyes:

Harvick's also tied for second in most Nationwide Series wins (and has accomplished that in under 8 years). I guess Mark Martin's a mediocre driver as well, right?:rolleyes:

To start, I know you're a Harvick fan & that's fine, but you are reaching at best. Again, I know you're young, so I'll go slow for you....I GAVE harvick credit for the NH & Phoenix races in '06...Idon't know why you have to reiterate what I've already stated. He led 54 laps at richmond...keep reaching...Atlanta 2001---he led 18 laps( was that the most led ??? I think not), keep reaching...Indy,,led the first 17, then didn't sniff the lead til his last pit gave him the last 17 laps...stewart shoulda won that race...Bristol 2005--he didn't lead "over 120 laps" infact, he didn't lead the most. Rusty Wallace did & hsould have won that race...oh yeah, bonhead biffle logged almost as many laps led as Harvick in that race...reaching...He "LOST" darlington 2003 ??? He led 14 laps...he was a non-factor in that race...haha.I also think it funny that you feel Harvick of all people.."isn't willing to wreck someone for a win"...I'd like to belive he just couldn't get there to get it done. Hanging one's hat on 4th place pts finishes in two of 6 seasons is also reaching at best. Oh...Derrick Cope won the Daytona 500, too...there's an accomplishment. Finally, don't even compare an elite driver such as Mark Martin who's dominated in every series he's run at one time or another...plus isn't a jerk 90% of the time when he's out of the car, to the driver of the 29 car...that's just apples to oranges.I guess you weren't watching when Mark Martin said that Harvick needed a good spanking. I agree with Mark...you don't have to agree with me & that's fine, but you're not gonna convince me that Kevin Harvick is a top tier driver..I've watched him every week he's been on the tube, and I'm not impressed.

Pit strategy is part of winning races, whether you win by that or by passing 20 cars you are there at the end for the win. The mere fact that you were able to hold off all the cars at the end of the race for the win means you were better than them. I'm not saying that Harvick is an elite driver, but he is pretty good in my book. I don't buy all this pit strategy stuff as being a source of judgement in how good you are, it is part of racing and always has been.

Pit strategy is part of winning races, whether you win by that or by passing 20 cars you are there at the end for the win. The mere fact that you were able to hold off all the cars at the end of the race for the win means you were better than them. I'm not saying that Harvick is an elite driver, but he is pretty good in my book. I don't buy all this pit strategy stuff as being a source of judgement in how good you are, it is part of racing and always has been.

Maybe you don't buy this pit strategy as being a source of judgement of a driver, but it does in the eyes of many. Because of this judgement, pitting one lap too early gave Alan Kulwiki the chance of his life by winning the Winston Cup trophy. Alan, having only won five races in his shortened career, has been granted the title of being one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR. Not taking anything away from him, but if it hadn't been for the very unlucky Davey Allison and that poor pit call by Junior Johnson, Alan might have been called another driver who lost his life way too early. Davey Allison won more races and in my mind, was a better driver, but he never won the big trophy, and though there has always been positive words about him, Alan always seems to carry much more clout because of his title. Alan did things his way and it worked and his pit strategy did pay off completely.

Maybe you don't buy this pit strategy as being a source of judgement of a driver, but it does in the eyes of many. Because of this judgement, pitting one lap too early gave Alan Kulwiki the chance of his life by winning the Winston Cup trophy. Alan, having only won five races in his shortened career, has been granted the title of being one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR. Not taking anything away from him, but if it hadn't been for the very unlucky Davey Allison and that poor pit call by Junior Johnson, Alan might have been called another driver who lost his life way too early. Davey Allison won more races and in my mind, was a better driver, but he never won the big trophy, and though there has always been positive words about him, Alan always seems to carry much more clout because of his title. Alan did things his way and it worked and his pit strategy did pay off completely.
Davey Allison didn't win a Cup championship so you're reaching, at best, as CypressTrout would say. :rolleyes:

Congratulations CypressTrout, most inane post in months, in the NASCAR section that is. You have definitevly shown that you have no racing knowledge whatsoever. :)

Davey Allison didn't win a Cup championship so you're reaching, at best, as CypressTrout would say. :rolleyes:

Congratulations CypressTrout, most inane post in months, in the NASCAR section that is. You have definitevly shown that you have no racing knowledge whatsoever. :)

Don't put words in my mouth. Harvick's lack of a championship has nothing to do with how I judge him. One day, you too will actually watch racing for what it is & see things without the blinders on. I've never had any problem giving credit where credit is due..even when in favor of a driver I don't particularly care for....in this instance, I feel none is due. I guess that means I have no racing knowledge, because I don't agree w/the post master, Andy. I can live with that...good day.:)

Back
Top Bottom