Bonehead of the Week: New Hampshire

Some things are self evident

The obvious answer is the rain incident, however I think it may actually have been Logano's team. He had the car to win the race if he hadn't started two laps down.

The obvious answer is the rain incident, however I think it may actually have been Logano's team. He had the car to win the race if he hadn't started two laps down.
So ... you’re blaming the chunk of debris?

It’s pretty evident this weeks nomination. However a shout out goes to NBC for dictating a 2 week break in the schedule. This bums me out

I think he's referring to entering the pits under red as well as the crewmember who reached into the hood under red causing a 2 lap penalty.
Thank you for clarifying. Some people simply don't care what my ACTUAL point is with anything I post for some reason.

I think he's referring to entering the pits under red as well as the crewmember who reached into the hood under red causing a 2 lap penalty.
Apparently he was “taking a picture” of the throttle body. Either way, bad call to touch the car under red. Still makes me believe that someone missed the red flag and thought it was still yellow.

Honestly, nascar and Kyle..Kyle doing what he did to the pace car was totally unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NASCAR, obviously. If anything, they should give Kyle extra points for them wrecking his car, knowing full well the track was not arrid enough to race . The pace car incident, though minuscule, should be a limp scolding. Nothing more. He put no one in danger, unlike NASCAR , putting multiple people at risk.

Learned an interesting tid bit this morning. The person driving the pace car is responsible for relaying conditions on the track back to race control, and that’s probably the reason Kyle gave the pace car a shove after wrecking.

Although, the more hilarious thing is that teams were telling race control that turns 1 and 2 were very wet before the start and the tower responded with “1 to go at the line”.

The root cause of the fiasco Sunday was not NASCAR, it was Mother Nature's fault. I am pretty sure that's what the guy said explaining why the caution didn't come out earlier and why they started with a wet track in turns 1 & 2.

I love the Olympics so I'm not bummed by it.

Still, they could've put the races on MSNBC.

FOX could have taken the Olympic races and worked with NBC and let them take a couple of early season races to compensate.

Maybe even do a one race swap so we only have one off week.

FOX could have taken the Olympic races and worked with NBC and let them take a couple of early season races to compensate.

Maybe even do a one race swap so we only have one off week.

I really don't have a problem with this break. People really overestimate NASCAR's popularity right now.

I love the Olympics so I'm not bummed by it.

Still, they could've put the races on MSNBC.
not everyone does. I couldnt care less its going on, of course I wouldnt want to take that joy of the next two weeks from those that love it. I'm just bummed NBC couldnt figure out a way to get a race in during these next two. Usually theres a break around this time anyways of 1 week, its gonna be a long time for me to see some racing in the meantime

NASCAR needs to figure out a way to give KFG and Truex decent starting spots for Watkins Glen. The "formula" needs to be tweaked to take into account this blunder. Those guys should not be screwed twice. Step up Miller.

not everyone does. I couldnt care less its going on, of course I wouldnt want to take that joy of the next two weeks from those that love it. I'm just bummed NBC couldnt figure out a way to get a race in during these next two. Usually theres a break around this time anyways of 1 week, its gonna be a long time for me to see some racing in the meantime
I agree 100%.

NASCAR needs to figure out a way to give KFG and Truex decent starting spots for Watkins Glen. The "formula" needs to be tweaked to take into account this blunder. Those guys should not be screwed twice. Step up Miller.
They had a throttle and a brake pedal, were telling Nascar how wet it was, but yet they stormed into the corner and wiped themself out while nobody else does. Unfortunate, some would say stupid, but not meriting "special" wrapped in cotton wool treatment.

As much as I agree NASCAR messed up, I disagree they should give them decent starting spots. Rules be rules. They are good enough to come from the back are they not? :)

They had a throttle and a brake pedal, were telling Nascar how wet it was, but yet they stormed into the corner and wiped themself out while nobody else does. Unfortunate, some would say stupid, but not meriting "special" wrapped in cotton wool treatment.
As you can tell from my lack of whining, I agree with you to a point. Let's use Harv last year at Texas as a template. He got screwed with the wet track, but he didn't go all the way to the back because he was a Playoff driver. So, the NASCAR **** up didn't hurt him much. While KFB and Martin made the decisions they did at New Hampshire with a wet track, why should that screw them in the next race in a way that is unprecedented? ....I mean other than the reasoning that they are "rice burners" and the very fire from the lungs of the Devil in hell?

As much as I agree NASCAR messed up, I disagree they should give them decent starting spots. Rules be rules. They are good enough to come from the back are they not? :)
"Rules are rules..."? Remember that if the State Patrolman gives you a ticket for 66 in a 65.

"Rules are rules..."? Remember that if the State Patrolman gives you a ticket for 66 in a 65.
Do you not think Kyle is good enough to race up to the front and win? Not much of a fan if you don’t believe in your driver..

Do you not think Kyle is good enough to race up to the front and win? Not much of a fan if you don’t believe in your driver..
I am a fan of the manufacturer, and he happens to drive one of MY cars. Should I care about your evaluation of my fandom?

I have to split my vote between NASCAR and Logano's crew guy. Both were equally stupid.

Reactions: Pat
I am a fan of the manufacturer, and he happens to drive one of MY cars. Should I care about your evaluation of my fandom?
So you don't believe in Toyota then? Point is, Kyle is good enough to get to the front. He did it at Road America, he can do it at the Glen. No need to worry. ;)

The root cause of the fiasco Sunday was not NASCAR, it was Mother Nature's fault. I am pretty sure that's what the guy said explaining why the caution didn't come out earlier and why they started with a wet track in turns 1 & 2.
Nascar cant control when it rains. They can control when they race. Deciding to go green while it was raining was a terrible decision made by another terrible miscommunication. This isn’t a rare occurrence, literally the exact same thing happened at Texas last fall.

As you can tell from my lack of whining, I agree with you to a point. Let's use Harv last year at Texas as a template. He got screwed with the wet track, but he didn't go all the way to the back because he was a Playoff driver. So, the NASCAR **** up didn't hurt him much. While KFB and Martin made the decisions they did at New Hampshire with a wet track, why should that screw them in the next race in a way that is unprecedented? ....I mean other than the reasoning that they are "rice burners" and the very fire from the lungs of the Devil in hell?
Well. I don't think Kyle should be penalized for tearing up another rice burner and they had to go to a backup..ya know two less. :cool: On the other hand both KDB and Truex are in the playoffs even if the wheels fell off the rest of the year. Of course neither will learn a damn thing about being personally responsible for their part as long as they can point or shoot the finger at somebody else

So you don't believe in Toyota then? Point is, Kyle is good enough to get to the front. He did it at Road America, he can do it at the Glen. No need to worry. ;)
Awwww....you caught me. You are right! I don't believe in Toyota. Damn. You don't have a point. Kyle got screwed. I am fine with this race, but why should NASCAR's mistake follow him or anybody else for another race? I know. I know. Because rules are rules. Could you explain the specific formula for starting order? Nobody else can either.

Well. I don't think Kyle should be penalized for tearing up another rice burner and they had to go to a backup..ya know two less. :cool: On the other hand both KDB and Truex are in the playoffs even if the wheels fell off the rest of the year. Of course neither will learn a damn thing about being personally responsible for their part as long as they can point or shoot the finger at somebody else
Turbo babble.

Back
Top Bottom