Bonehead of the week: Pocono and Montreal

MRM

Team Owner
I didn't see where Andy started this thread, so let's get this going. Here are my nominees:

NASCAR - Not for allowing the NNS guys to race in the rain, that was cool. But for letting them race in a monsoon, then finally calling it.

Joe Nemechek - For wrecking Harvick on the first lap of the race, then getting into another with Paul Menard.

All the crew chiefs that gambled on the race raining out, then having to make an extra pit stop at the end.

Mark Martin's crew - Lost many spots on every stop except the last one with a car capable of winning the race.

ESPN crew for not seeing the stragedy behind what most of the field did when it rained.

Carl Edwards - For arguing with his crew chief for same as stated above.

I'd vote for a tie between Joe Nemechek and the #8 crew --- however, I'll give the nod to Joe. He was a wrecking crew today.

At least the #8 crew redeemed itself on the very last pit stop when it counted.

I vote joe as well.

EDIT- honorable mention to nascar for allowing carl edwards to drive one handed in the rain and use a swiffer broom as a squeegee.

I'll go with Martin's crew. BTW, I was watching the live radar and to tell you the truth, the rain looked like it was going to come back again but the cell split and went on both sides of the track. But who knew. I was just glad to see that Kahne was able to have a good finish. They, the crew thought it would be a terrible finish.

I'll have to go with Martin's crew also. He would make up ground and they would lose it for him.

Joe Nemecheck for wrecking a Chase contender (Harvick) and then wrecking Paul Menard.

Mark Martin's front-tire changer for basically screwing Mark Martin out of a win.

Does that pass tech? :D
it does,k about as well as his cup motor passed tech... (somethign tells me barely).

they said he simpl didn't have a wiper...i thoguht those were required? Did his break off?

it does,k about as well as his cup motor passed tech... (somethign tells me barely).

they said he simpl didn't have a wiper...i thoguht those were required? Did his break off?

nope some of the cars did'nt have wipers, and what really sucks is NASCAR said NO to rain tires for COT, I think the COT is not set up to race in the rain hopefully they'll work on that for the future.

I saw wipers on most of the cars at Montreal. Granted, they weren't the most efficient things, but they were there.

I think a lot of cars were using RainX almost exclusively.

nope some of the cars did'nt have wipers, and what really sucks is NASCAR said NO to rain tires for COT, I think the COT is not set up to race in the rain hopefully they'll work on that for the future.

You'll never see Cup cars race in the rain.

I saw wipers on most of the cars at Montreal. Granted, they weren't the most efficient things, but they were there.

I think a lot of cars were using RainX almost exclusively.
sounds like they need to take a lesson from the rolex and ALMS cars then?

Heck, if a rolex DP can run in the rain, why not a CoT (on road courses anyways)? They have just as much power almost, but the CoT is just down on downforce....surely the drivers could handle that?

they was gonna race the old one in the rain why not the new one?

They never brought the rain tires back to Watkins Glen after testing them. They will be there this weekend, but for the NNS cars only.

Back
Top Bottom