Bonehead of the week: Pocono-Texas

MRM

Team Owner
My pick for bonehead of the week this week is NASCAR and their stupid rule and ruling at the ending of the truck race at Texas. A caution comes out moments after the leaders cross the line taking the white flag. The #4 and #29 are in a close fight for the lead. The #4 is ahead of the line, the caution comes out and video seems to indicate the #29 is barely ahead. After a review, NASCAR comes back and says the caution lights on the track come one milliseconds after the order to throw the caution is called for, saying the #4 was ahead when the order was given. Just gives the appearance they're making it up as they go.

Honorable mention goes to Junior who seems to have forgotten how to shift.

They don't call it the tricky triangle for nothing. Jr blew up some really expensive hardware. I don't think they will ever get it fixed in Texas, I don't believe their explanation. Doesn't make a bit of sense to have the caution lights wired separately with a delay at a race track. and then somehow when the so called first light comes on still have the 29 ahead of the 4 truck or at any rate too close to call. No good camera angle on it like at the finish line. It was a ker****el from the jump, too close to call. Should have lined em up after they cleaned off Peters truck and had a GWC to stop the B.S. Looks awful sneaky to end a race that way.

I don't think Junior's vertigo is quite gone. He hasn't been himself all year plus he's retiring.

Thats a tough one, a lot of teams were going to do the opposite of what the 18 car did.

True. But with how good #18 was, and there being a good 14 laps left of racing at pocono... I think most leaders would have followed 18 into pits.

But on the other hand it's easy to look at it like that now after the race is over...

When you lead as many laps as the 18 team did and don't win.........you get the Kyle Busch of the Week Award.

My vote goes to the regular Fox crew that may have agreed to be replaced by the novice 'Driver Broadcasting Crew'.

I only had a chance to see about half the broadcast on Saturday and I gotta say that I was more entertained by the DBC than I ever was with the normal booth crew. I thought everyone did a great job only magnifying the fact that any one of the current crew are just a heartbeat away from being replaced.

It's a tie.

NASCAR for botching what would've been an outstanding finish to the Texas Truck race.

Dale Jr. for forgetting how to shift and blowing two motors to kingdom come.

For me,it's the Texas truck race,a very amateurish finish that benefited no one.It came across as a bought and paid for win.
Bought and paid for by who exactly? You think Bell/KBM/Toyota win would be better for NASCAR than Briscoe/BKR/Ford?

Bell already has a win, a Briscoe win would be better for the series. KBM (Kyle Busch) vs BKR (Brad Keselowski) - obviously I don't need to tell you who NASCAR would prefer if they were to arbitrarily decide a winner. Toyota vs Ford, again Toyota owns the NCWTS...they'd prefer giving Ford more reasons to invest.

So if NASCAR was just making up rules (they weren't, it's how they score all track position during yellows), why would they benefit a truck that clearly doesn't advance their cause across multiple platforms? You said it came across as bought and paid for, but you obviously don't believe Bell, KBM, TRD or JBL ran up there with a bag full of money just in case....so what are the other theories?

yeah I think it was, I think they blew the finish and they picked the wrong truck (for whatever reason) My view from these cameras I am going by..as good as their photo without any yellow light. Both cases from both lights Briscoe clearly ahead

Last edited:
Rick Hendrick for not blowing up the pathetic Kasey Kahne car team.

Bought and paid for by who exactly? You think Bell/KBM/Toyota win would be better for NASCAR than Briscoe/BKR/Ford?

Bell already has a win, a Briscoe win would be better for the series. KBM (Kyle Busch) vs BKR (Brad Keselowski) - obviously I don't need to tell you who NASCAR would prefer if they were to arbitrarily decide a winner. Toyota vs Ford, again Toyota owns the NCWTS...they'd prefer giving Ford more reasons to invest.

So if NASCAR was just making up rules (they weren't, it's how they score all track position during yellows), why would they benefit a truck that clearly doesn't advance their cause across multiple platforms? You said it came across as bought and paid for, but you obviously don't believe Bell, KBM, TRD or JBL ran up there with a bag full of money just in case....so what are the other theories?
You be careful out there ... the Tinfoil Manufacturers Association has ruined people's lives.

My vote goes to the regular Fox crew that may have agreed to be replaced by the novice 'Driver Broadcasting Crew'.

I only had a chance to see about half the broadcast on Saturday and I gotta say that I was more entertained by the DBC than I ever was with the normal booth crew. I thought everyone did a great job only magnifying the fact that any one of the current crew are just a heartbeat away from being replaced.
That might have been Fox's intention all along. "See how easy we can replace you?" Let the next season's negotiations begin.

Reactions: Bob
Darrell and Jeff for their bold prediction on who wouldn't win a race this year!!!
I hope next they try their hands at predicting who won't win two races this year!

That might have been Fox's intention all along. "See how easy we can replace you?" Let the next season's negotiations begin.

I like the way you think. Even if not the agenda, the proof was there.

Ah I'm going that far, all of the regulars were right there backing them up and had done most of the work for them. They did a great job though.

Did I mention how much I preferred the old style of announcers like Benny Parsons who made it sound like they were having fun in the booth?
Everything is to fake these days especially the Waltrips.

Back
Top Bottom